xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Are you sure that it is a Mi17 (the one with the rockets) and not a Mi17_MG (with the MG gunner position at the side door) ?

Xeno

Mmmm, I don't recall. What would the code look like to make it possible to lift both the FFAR and the MG versions? wink_o.gif

Something weird has happened to me while lifting wrecked vehicles, for the third time now.

A week or so back I was lifting a downed AH1 back to base and while flying over Paraiso with the Cobra slung underneath and the UH60 just blew up. I thought maybe I had gotten too low and the AH1 had hit one of the buildings or maybe some stray enemy AA soldier had got me.

Well last night I was goofing off testing how AI guys could be utilized flying AH6's and two of them got shot down. I went to pick them up with the wreck chopper, came back over Paraiso and boom, blew up. When the wreck chopper respawned I went back, found the AH6 in Parasio and brought it back to base. I then went back to pick up the second downed AH6, came back flying over Parasio, boom again! The AH6 fell no more than 20 meters from where the first one had fell. And this time I was in third person view when it happened, I did hit anything nor did I see a missile etc. hit the aircraft, there was just an explosion and then my body falling to earth.

Any ideas?

Sometimes, if you manoeuvre really hard, you can hit the underslung cargo. That can kill you and if you have a bit of lag, you might not see it happen.

Also, an anti aircraft missile can take you unawares too. If it happened twice in the same location, I'd suspect a shoulder launched AA missile.

@Dogsbd

Never heard of that before. I've tested it with a destroyed AH6 a few minutes ago and flew different routes over Paraiso. No problem, everything is just fine.

Are you using a mod like ECS or some other mod ? Maybe it is just a stressed out citizen of Paraiso who doesn't like choppers flying over his house biggrin_o.gif

Nevertheless... This time I'm really not going to release a new version before (beta) patch 1.15 gets released. Things like JIP lag, wrong dedicated server bandwidth control, MP bike bug, MP parachute bug (and hopefully server stability) were all addressed and fixed in july allready. But we still have nothing yet. For me personally that is really frustrating as I don't play singleplayer.

Xeno

I think I'll fire up FRAPS and try lifting wrecks over Paraiso tonight wink_o.gif

What about my earlier question: "what would the code look like to make it possible to lift both the FFAR and the MG versions? " huh.gif

Nevertheless... This time I'm really not going to release a new version before (beta) patch 1.15 gets released. Things like JIP lag, wrong dedicated server bandwidth control, MP bike bug, MP parachute bug (and hopefully server stability) were all addressed and fixed in july allready. But we still have nothing yet. For me personally that is really frustrating as I don't play singleplayer.

Xeno

I'm an MP player exsclusively too. Is there to be another patch? DO we know for sure?

What about my earlier question: "what would the code look like to make it possible to lift both the FFAR and the MG versions? " huh.gif

Sorry, Dogs, missed that question.

Where you put ["Mi17"] earlier, try ["Mi17", "Mi17_MG"] and I think that should add both.

But, I quickly scanned the init, and I didn't see mention of the MG variety. I may have an older version, though. smile_o.gif

But, I quickly scanned the init, and I didn't see mention of the MG variety.  I may have an older version, though. smile_o.gif

Thanks.

BTW, my server is running 3.09 now wink_o.gif

hehe

Will see what I can do. wink_o.gif

I may have some things to have you MP test soon. biggrin_o.gif

On the "flying along with slung load and blowing up" bit. Took off in an AH6, flew south across Parasio and crashed it into the mountain side. Re-spawned back at base, hopped in the wreck chopper and flew up and hooked on to the AH6. Flew back across Parasio and within 100 meters of the same area that I blew up last night, boom.

Respawned at base, got the respawned wreck chopper and flew back to the downed AH6. Lifted it and flew an arc around to the west of the city, back over the base, back up around the east side of Parasio all the time trying different speeds (up to 190 KPH) and banking left and right etc. and no issues. I get back south of Parasio, head back toward the base flying directly over Parasio and guess boom again.

Got it on Fraps too, both times. When I can get it compressed and loaded on YouTube I'll post a link.

That is most odd! I didn't see an AA missile. It's almost as if the aicraft flies into an invisible object - it seems to stop dead in the air.

It appears to be just south of the big church in 'Aiso.

Does it happen if you aren't carrying an underslung load?

Does it happen with another aircraft?

What version of the game is it?

I usually play 1.09 West AI and I'll get my guys to recreate it tonight.

This is because of a well known and quite serious problem with ArmA, in many cases roofs distort ASL and AGL heights. For example, you have your cargo placed in transport model coordinates [0,0,-10] which should correspond to 10m below the transport chopper, but if you fly over a 10m tall building, that model coords transformed into world coords will be 10m higher than the correct ones because the building's roof will be considered to be at 0m above ground level, so the cargo placed in world coords will crash directly with the transport. This problem applies to any object which surface might be considered "roof" too, for example ammo boxes. If you place an ammo box 50m over ground, and you place a chopper at the same x,y but 60m above ground, the chopper will be placed 60m over the ammo box and, in fact, 110m above real ground.

@Dogsbd

Now that I saw your video I've tried to reproduce it again. No matter how high, how fast I fly above that point in Paraiso, nothing happens here. Did you test with the latest version 3.09 or an older version ?

@Mandoble

Good explanation (one of the many ArmA problems that can cause headaches smile_o.gif)

Xeno

I believe the Sahrani Civilian Aviation Board (SCAB) is still investigating the incident, and has yet to rule out pilot error.

crazy_o.gif

While waiting for an ArmA update smile_o.gif I'll give you one of the missions that will be part of the upcoming Domination mission pack release as a pastime.

co33 Revenge

After SLA has driven UN troops out of Sahrani in a blameful battle, US government decided to get the island under control again.

As a result of our hasty abandonment there is still enough of our own military equipment on the island. The first objective is therefore to take back Paraiso airfield, which we used as our basis before we had to leave.

Beside airplanes and helicopters there are other vehicles like tanks too.

Several groups will parajump in the early morning hours near the airport.

This mission uses norrins revive and silolas DAC.

Download:

co33 Revenge

Enjoy !

Xeno

@Tankbuster: Only happens when I have a load slung underneath. Never happens when I make a low fast pass over Parasio in an AH1 or UH60. ArmA patched to latest (1.14) and Dom 3.09 West AI.

@Mandoble. Makes sense, but why isn't anyone else here experiencing it? Why wouldn't I hit when flying low / unloaded?

@T_Rex: :bird:   biggrin_o.gif

This is because of a well known and quite serious problem with ArmA,

Yes, I can see it now.

The instant before the aircraft is destroyed, you can see the underslung load jump up and hit the aircraft.

Something similar happens when the MHQ's are being airlifted. Their pitch and roll seems to follow that of the terrain underneath them despite the fact they are many metres above it.

Found and fixed two small bugs in co33 Revenge (missing revive sound files and wrong revive JIP behaviour).

Please download the new version:

co33 Revenge

Xeno

This time I'm really not going to release a new version before (beta) patch 1.15 gets released. Things like JIP lag, wrong dedicated server bandwidth control, MP bike bug, MP parachute bug (and hopefully server stability) were all addressed and fixed in july allready. But we still have nothing yet. For me personally that is really frustrating as I don't play singleplayer.

I can no longer hide my disappointment at reading this. I read the links provided Xeno, and as usual, BI are being coy about a further patch for the game.

The most worrisome quote from them is But we are already fully focused on our next game, ArmA 2. On the other hand, Given we're to release the patch anyway, we have selected a few fixes which we consider safe. Either way, it's safe to assume it's a LONG way off.

I'd like to ask you to release what you have as 3.11. It seems to me you've squished a couple of nasty bugs and added a few features and it would be nice to have them in the field.

I agree with Tankbuster. If I would pin my work to the arma patches I would have nothing right now. In other words, I would have started my work at patch 1.14 release date. That was not an option.

Found and fixed two small bugs in co33 Revenge (missing revive sound files and wrong revive JIP behaviour).

Please download the new version:

co33 Revenge

Xeno

Xeno

This mission was terrific. Some of the lads and I played this for 2 hours and was able to destroy the tower. We ran out of steam clearing Paraiso. Great job and tons of fun. Really takes a team effort.