xeno

co30 Domination! One Team

Been doing some editing of this for my server to play with addons made from the community. Quick question, I'm using the L16A2 Mortor addon an i want to make it so the enemy that spawn in the main targets spawn with a few of these manned an rdy (SLA) Any ideas thanx. I tried editing the init vehicle/AI as I believe these are what spawn in the towns an added the Mortor class name to the mt list but not sure if that worked.

First Domination! One Team 3 versions now available as mission pack (right click, save as):

Domination! One Team 3.02 Mission Pack

This mission pack includes the following versions:

- Racs

- Racs AI

- Racs Revive

- West

- West AI

- West Revive

- East

- East AI

- East Revive

You do need ArmA 1.14 or better, as the mission now uses 1.14 warfare addons (mobile HQ for example).

Please be aware that this is a dot 0 release. It may contain bugs. Please report them here.

I hope that my changes make it easier for you guys to modify the mission. You can now modify allmost everything by changing variables in the init.sqf file.

Enjoy!

Xeno

Installed. West AI is my new favourite mission!

I did notice in 2.22 AI, that SLA vehicles suddenly got much tougher in 1.14. I'm not sure whether my 136 are weaker or the armour on the enemy is stronger, but at the moment (in 2.22) it takes two 136 hits to kill a BMP. It used to be one. Also, a 136 hit on any enemy helo would kill it straight away, now, a 136 hit will force the aircraft to land and not destroy it.

I did notice in 2.22 AI, that SLA vehicles suddenly got much tougher in 1.14. I'm not sure whether my 136 are weaker or the armour on the enemy is stronger, but at the moment (in 2.22) it takes two 136 hits to kill a BMP. It used to be one. Also, a 136 hit on any enemy helo would kill it straight away, now, a 136 hit will force the aircraft to land and not destroy it.

It's been like this since 1.09 beta I believe and I think you opted to stick with 1.08 and not use the betas. Much better if your riding in a helicopter now because you have a chance to bail before it gets blowed up.

You're right. We never used betas so went from 1.08 straight to 1.14. 3 West AI has Stinger in the ammo crates so that evens it up a little.

Let's not forget when you damage an enemy vehicle, the crew usually bail so there's a good chance you can nick it.

I'm not convinced it improves the game though, not by a long way.

Its been like this since 1.09 beta

I'm lightly modding 3 West AI for clan use. I'd like to have my clan flag flying on the pole at Paraiso airfield. I've installed the PAA plugin in Photoshop.

The init file has <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">case "WEST": {FLAG_BASE setflagtexture "\ca\misc\data\usa_vlajka.pac"};

I can't find that directory so I assume it's PBO'd up in the core game files and is unpacked by the game on the fly?

Questions;

Can I change the path so that it points to a location within the Domination PBO? If so, how do I write the path?

As I can't find the original to get an idea of file and image dimensions, what attributes should I use?

Anything else I should know?

Change it this way:

Quote[/b] ]

case "WEST": {FLAG_BASE setflagtexture "yourimage.jpg"};

and put your jpg into the main directory of the domination mission. That's it. PAA and PAC files should work as well.

Thanks Leggy, Didn't realise it was as simple as that.

Follow up question.

How do I rename the mission so that it has a new name in the ingame missions chooser? Is it just a case of repacking the PBO the mission and renaming the PBO?

[answering own question]

It seems to work. I renamed the mission folder so it didn't overwrite the original, repacked it and copied it to the server. Works fine.

The flag worked too. Many thanks, matey. smile_o.gif

[edit] correction. To get the name change to work properly, it has to be changed in desc.ext too.

Caught the domination bug about a fortnight ago and haven't stopped playing since!

Love the different versions fo 2.22 - I've mainly been playing AI version on a small server and it's been pretty good.

The side missions are absolutely excellent, nice little storylines to keep the player interested and often nowhere near the current primary target - a good thing in my opinion.

Airlifting works really well, as does the HALO jumping (the HALO in particular is much better than in EVO as you can pick drop target and don't have to wait an hour to reach chute height.

It would be nice to see a couple of respawning LB's for side mission access - always fun to take a small team to do a commando raid. Don't allow LB's to drop ammo crates to ensure fairness.

I've also seen some great tweaked versions of domination around that make excellent use of some other fan made scripts. Notably the VR version which uses the BH's to airlift wrecked vehicles back to base to be repaired and recycled as well as using a backpack script to allow players to take two primary weapons into battle (although this I feel encourages rambo behaviour rather than teamwork because everyone just takes a silenced weapon, LAWs, satchels and a sniper rifle - too much kit!wink_o.gif.

I'd love to see an updated version of the 2.04 version.

Keep those side mission ideas rolling in!

I'd love to see an updated version of the 2.04 version.

Current version in 3.0

I originally downloaded from page one of this topic - where can I get version 3 from?!

post link please

Bugs?

Running RACS version 3.0

- Side mission map markers not disappearing.

- I set a satchel charge on a timer next to a BH and an MHQ to respawn them back to base. Once the timer was set I teleported from it back to base.

I then kept respawning at the extreme south west of the map in the water next to a burning M113 when I tried to respawn either at base or MHQ 1 (the one I bombed).

I'm guessing this is caused as a combination of the respawn scripts of players and vehicles - am I right that satchel charges would detonate if player teleports?

Bugs - Additional

Sorry for double post:

When hosting a domination map on version 3, all attempts to respawn at base lead to spawning in the ocean in the extreme SW of the map.

When trying to respawn at the MHQ's, I spawn slightly underground - swimming below the surface for a while until the game figures out I'm on dry land and shoves me up a couple of metres.

Can anyone verify this?

Bugs - Additional

Sorry for double post:

When hosting a domination map on version 3, all attempts to respawn at base lead to spawning in the ocean in the extreme SW of the map.

When trying to respawn at the MHQ's, I spawn slightly underground - swimming below the surface for a while until the game figures out I'm on dry land and shoves me up a couple of metres.

Can anyone verify this?

I have not seen any of those mentioned.

What I did see, was MHQ #1 parked anywhere, die, pick respawn at MQ #1, but respawned me at the original starting point of the MHQ (airport).

I simply did the teleport to it, which put me in the right location.

The mission is pretty fun if you have several hrs to finish it

With hosting you mean you do not run a dedicated server ?

Hosting Domination won't work, you need a dedicated server (though you can create a dedicated server on your machine and you and others can connect to that server)

Xeno

Yeah, by hosting, I don't mean dedicated.

I didn't think it was possible to run a deicated server and join it from the same machine for any game?

I thougth that was like typing google into google in terms of danger levels!!

I'll give it a go though...

Bugs - Additional

Can anyone verify this?

I have not seen any of those mentioned.

Nor me.

With hosting you mean you do not run a dedicated server ?

Hosting Domination won't work, you need a dedicated server (though you can create a dedicated server on your machine and you and others can connect to that server)

Xeno

Domination v3.0

I can confirm this on Dedicated server. It's happening in RACS-version. If you spawn at base after you die, you will spawn in the ocean. West and East works fine.

Also sometimes people can't use the Lift Vehicle thing. Couldn't lift T-72. But i could lift both mobile hq's. Sometimes can't lift mobile hq's either. But then later in the game it was possible again. Seen it happening to few other players also.

New version that fixes the RACS respawn problems:

Domination! One Team 3.02 Mission Pack

Thank you for your reports. I took the wrong mission.sqm that missed the respawn_guerrilla marker in the 3.0 version sad_o.gif

Xeno