Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Linux server beta

Hi sorry for my english.

I have the same problem :

Quote[/b] ]

Anyone having problems with changing missions as admin?

1) log in as admin - #login <adminpw>

2) #missions

3) server crashes

On the other hand I have this in my log as a problem

Quote[/b] ]21:13:13 Joueur ADO Le sicilien [Gnl] en cours de connexion.

21:13:13 Mission [ado] coop 11 Op. Epsom lue depuis la banque.

21:13:17 Joueur ADO Le sicilien [Gnl] connecté (id=*****).

21:13:25 Admin. ADO Le sicilien [Gnl] connecté.

File description.ext, line 0: '.': 'ø' encountered instead of '='

WATCHDOG (7382): [samedi 20 octobre 2007, 21:13:33 (UTC+0200)] Server died, waiting to restart...

WATCHDOG (7382): [samedi 20 octobre 2007, 21:13:38 (UTC+0200)] Starting server (port 2302)...

Once I managed to be in the choice of missions, but there were no missions.

My OS ubuntu server destock.

Testing putty and NX.

Do you have a solution?

Thank you.

I have had a similar problem caused by a mission in mpmissions folder. It crashes the server each time. Even if the mission is not chosen... my reference is to start the server without maps and check if it crash.. icon_rolleyes.gif

OK, MyInternetServices.com runs a Tournament for ArmA called ICArmA. Great tournament. Love the idea of having the linux server up but we are having issues with the netcode. The battles usually last about 4hrs and these past 2 weekends 1 to 1.5hrs into the battle alot of people are getting disconnected with the red/orange chain icon. The server is in Texas, 2xDual core 1218's 2GigRAM, Cent OS 4.5

When we use the monitor command in the server get 4FPS, 90MB of memory, on the server when everyone is loaded in(about 100people). When I look at the CPU usage, it shows 147%

Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Any progress on this issue? 100+ people on the same server sounds amazing! Is the netcode capable of handling that kind of load? Is it an issue with the server or is it the game itself not compatable with large-scale battles?

huh.gif

We have - seemingly - resolved that issue by increasing the bandwidth available to the server we resolved the desync issue. We have the min set to 65mb/s and we've seen a significant improvement. We had 82 in yesterday, and the RAM / Proc and other resources were significantly reduced - BW was up by a huge amount. But it ran smooth, one red chain and 2 yellow ones. 82 people played for 3 hours without any real desync. Of course we suddenly began getting Session Lost from all the players who had Queen's Gambit installed - don't know wth that was about - so we're on to a new issue

smile_o.gif

Yeah i play in IC and the performance was MUCH MUCH better last week. Probably the best we've ever had, but we didnt get over 100 people turn up last week so we cant compare it exactly to our peak player count. But im pretty sure we'd surpass the performance as i get more lag in a public game with less than 30 players in it.

The queens gambit 'session lost' issue is something which we arent too sure about, i think the DBE1 mod had to be disabled for everyone as we only allow for players to run the ICArmAMod.

My sneaking suspicion is that this is something to do with the 1.08 hotfix installed with QG, as no-one else apart from QG users have this issue. I believe the server was running the original 1.08 patch and not the hotfix.

I have had a similar problem caused by a mission in mpmissions folder. It crashes the server each time. Even if the mission is not chosen... my reference is to start the server without maps and check if it crash.. icon_rolleyes.gif

I remember OFP Linux Dedi doing this if the name of the mp mission was not lower case.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">COOP_12_MissionName.pbo

Could be changed to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">coop_12_missionname.pbo

Could try that?

On my

Quote[/b] ]Mandriva Linux release 2007.0 (Official) for i586

Kernel 2.6.17-14mdventerprise on a 4-processor i686 / \l

glibc spits out these

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">*** glibc detected *** /opt/stuff/arma/server: corrupted double-linked list: 0x08cd74d8 ***

and dumps a core, but only when Im using the armaserver script. If I manually start the server it works..

***UPDATE

The script didnt find my server.cfg file for some reason.. after editing the watchdogs server start line it works..

OK, MyInternetServices.com runs a Tournament for ArmA called ICArmA. Great tournament. Love the idea of having the linux server up but we are having issues with the netcode. The battles usually last about 4hrs and these past 2 weekends 1 to 1.5hrs into the battle alot of people are getting disconnected with the red/orange chain icon. The server is in Texas, 2xDual core 1218's 2GigRAM, Cent OS 4.5

When we use the monitor command in the server get 4FPS, 90MB of memory, on the server when everyone is loaded in(about 100people). When I look at the CPU usage, it shows 147%

Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Any progress on this issue? 100+ people on the same server sounds amazing! Is the netcode capable of handling that kind of load? Is it an issue with the server or is it the game itself not compatable with large-scale battles?

huh.gif

We have - seemingly - resolved that issue by increasing the bandwidth available to the server we resolved the desync issue. We have the min set to 65mb/s and we've seen a significant improvement. We had 82 in yesterday, and the RAM / Proc and other resources were significantly reduced - BW was up by a huge amount. But it ran smooth, one red chain and 2 yellow ones. 82 people played for 3 hours without any real desync. Of course we suddenly began getting Session Lost from all the players who had Queen's Gambit installed - don't know wth that was about - so we're on to a new issue

smile_o.gif

Better late than never : could you post somewhere your settings for achieving this? With hardware spec on the same page smile_o.gif

That may help many that have also some issues. This impact of the bandwidth parameter is not well known, AFAIK.

I have had a similar problem caused by a mission in mpmissions folder. It crashes the server each time. Even if the mission is not chosen... my reference is to start the server without maps and check if it crash..  icon_rolleyes.gif

I remember OFP Linux Dedi doing this if the name of the mp mission was not lower case.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">COOP_12_MissionName.pbo

Could be changed to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">coop_12_missionname.pbo

Could try that?

Thanks dude.. but the problem caused by a map itself.. it runs on Windows Server fine, but on Linux Server it crashes it.. also if you dont chose it.. only the presence in MpMissions folder was a problem.. i have deleted it and it works fine now..

That linux needs lower case files/folders do i know.. wink_o.gif

Well, any addons or mpmissions that was in a linux server folder and had uppercase letters just crashed the server on startup. This wouldn't affect Windows Computers as Win OS can handle uppercase letters.

Damn... you are right.. but that wasn`t the problem.. you can take it from me.. wink_o.gif

Hehe no problem.

At least thats one less problem you can mark off as you know it isn't that now.

as Win OS can handle uppercase letters

To make sure people are not mislead by your comment.

Linux/Unix can handle uppercase letters too. It's the application (ArmA) which has problems, not the operating system.

Also there is this:

file

File

are two different files in a Linux/Unix file system. I think this situation has to be avoided in the ArmA folder, thus either lower- or uppercase filenames had to be enforced. It doesn't matter which one it is, BIS had to choose only one and they chose lowercase.

as Win OS can handle uppercase letters

Linux/Unix can handle uppercase letters too. It's the application (ArmA) which has problems, not the operating system.

Also there is this:

file

File

are two different files in a Linux/Unix file system. I think this situation has to be avoided in the ArmA folder, thus either lower- or uppercase filenames had to be enforced. It doesn't matter which one it is, BIS had to choose only one and they chose lowercase.

true.

Whenever new MP missions or other addon files are added, one could run ./install in the Linux server ArmA directory. As someone has noticed here already, install does not install anything, but only convert all files to lowercase.

Edit: AFAIK the reason we decided to convert to lowercase 1000 years ago on Linux is quite simple: case unsensitive Win OS makes people lazy to write filenames precisely, so there are thousands filename variants pistols.gif (in configs (designers lazyness), in engine source code (those programmers! smile_o.gif ), ...)

Picking one is ofcourse fine.

But writing an application that crashes when it encounters uppercase files is just horribly bad coding.

Picking one is ofcourse fine.

But writing an application that crashes when it encounters uppercase files is just horribly bad coding.

I have tried, but it does not crash on our testing linux server.

Is core dump available?

If so, send it by email to info@bistudio.com and notify myself about it here on the forums, please. (I would also need server --version then...)

I have tried, but it does not crash on our testing linux server.

The server didn't crash for me, but shut down with a message in the log:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Cannot open file 'MPMissions\tdm@_08_ecl_bagango.Sara.pbo'.

As you can see, the island's name was with a capital S. Perhaps that will help to reproduce.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmA Linux Server, ver. 1.08.5175

Hello,

<s>I have the same problems with some mission.

The addons and others were present, but nothing works the mission began, and it comes in the selection of tasks.

It is not the name of missions, I knew the problem with the capitals.

Person had the same problem?

Thank.</s>

EDIT :

Well I found my problem.

The problem was file armserver where I did not mention "-nomap -mod = $ MODS."

Everything works really well.

I just want to confirm the script/trigger problem seen by others:

has anyone noticed a particular bug with many missions when running the armaserver on a particular piece of hardware?

a good sample is Evolution R b14 on a Xeon 3050 2.13Ghz Dual-Core CPU with 2GB ram on 32bit Ubuntu.

On all other servers i've tested so far on other hardware the mission works fine. as in Server FPS is any between 20-40 or so and AIs spawns in towns fine and scripts are runned.

But on this Xeon machine's arma server. some scripts fails to run properly when triggers are entered and the alike. and the server FPS is around 51-64. and afaik the server should have an internal limit at 50 FPS yet it skyrockets above it.

and the memory use reported in #monitor is 55M while the real process is accounted for using 267MB.

Any BI Dev able to explain why this occurs?.

and in

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=69508

I have tested the linux server on a Core2 Duo, 2GB Ram dual boot ubuntu/winxp.

I noticed the script execution error on all evolution maps, except the 1.5a.

After booting to winxp and installing the ext2fs driver for windows, I can successfully host the game while it is still placed on the ubuntu partition.

I just copied the arma-server.exe and the two dll's to my windows partition, made a new server.cfg with changed paths and then made a link to start it in my linux arma-server directory.

The game runs fine and scripting seems to work.

The log file doesn't work though.

I hope this helps somebody to solve this problem on the linux server.

help.gif

I notice stange behaviour on our linux server...

We were using Windows server, and now we have

jus copied all files to linux (and used tolow).

The problem is after selecting a mission... For example - mission

Berzerk Desert 1.23. After mission start and weapon selection,

all vehicles should spawn... But nothing happens... All mission

scripts (even handling flag caps) will be working only when

somobody will connect to the server after mission start...

If no one will connect after mission start - scripts will not start

And this is happening in all missions, that uses scripts (about 90%

of all MP missions whistle.gif )...

Pls help, we don't have windows any more, and we need properly

working server for ECL....

I can confirm the scripting/trigger issue on the linux server.

The only way to work around this issue I've found, is to restart the mission (not by #restart, but #missions and reselecting the mission) once or twice and then the mission will work as expected.

Not seen that for myself. Strange...

Sure You have no uppercase filename anywhere?