Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Linux server beta

[HitmanFF, can you tell if you have squad stuff in server_root/tmp and server_root/tmp2302 directories with the newest version installed? And if you remove them, server will download them during connection phase?

I'm getting the logo (logo.paa in this case) both in tmp/squads/<squadname> and tmp2302/squads/<squadname> upon connect.

If I remove the logo, it is downloaded again upon the next connect.

has anyone noticed a particular bug with many missions when running the armaserver on a particular piece of hardware?

a good sample is Evolution R b14 on a Xeon 3050 2.13Ghz Dual-Core CPU with 2GB ram on 32bit Ubuntu.

On all other servers i've tested so far on other hardware the mission works fine. as in Server FPS is any between 20-40 or so and AIs spawns in towns fine and scripts are runned.

But on this Xeon machine's arma server. some scripts fails to run properly when triggers are entered and the alike. and the server FPS is around 51-64. and afaik the server should have an internal limit at 50 FPS yet it skyrockets above it.

and the memory use reported in #monitor is 55M while the real process is accounted for using 267MB.

Any BI Dev able to explain why this occurs?.

Edit #1: oh and the latest binary is used aswell from the last post about it.

Edit #2: oh and we have tried just for the possiblity to set the process affinity to one of the Core's to see if it would possibly have any effect, although very unlikely.

Edit #3: if you wanna check Filter for server name "Defiance" and #vote admin yourself and do #missions and select (Coop30) Evolution R b14 or any of the modded versions and run it. then drive to Masbete and see it. What you'll see is you enter the grey circle. yet no AI spawns and you get Masbete has been cleared instantly.

You are lucky to have FPS skyrocketting. Mine are awefully low sad_o.gif

If no useful work is being done any Server FPS is just shit.

If the 51-70 Server FPS setup bugs horribly on any mission pretty much. and a weaker P4 3.06Ghz with a Server FPS around 30-40 works just perfectly fine and stable :S

Found another bug, this one doesn't look like a major problem though. But it's just odd.

When starting up the server tries to look for the addons directory in the root of the filesystem. It does this after loading ca/addons and addons/

It's probably supposed to be looking for something somewhere else.

25651 open("/addons", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

OK, MyInternetServices.com runs a Tournament for ArmA called ICArmA. Great tournament. Love the idea of having the linux server up but we are having issues with the netcode. The battles usually last about 4hrs and these past 2 weekends 1 to 1.5hrs into the battle alot of people are getting disconnected with the red/orange chain icon. The server is in Texas, 2xDual core 1218's 2GigRAM, Cent OS 4.5

When we use the monitor command in the server get 4FPS, 90MB of memory, on the server when everyone is loaded in(about 100people). When I look at the CPU usage, it shows 147%

Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Has anyone tried to run the Linux dedicated with Signature Check enabled? I try without success. I get signature check errors for eveyone connecting.

I have tried.

And I am trying hard to get it worked atm.

Any news on that item?

What if you run your server but it does not seem to read server.cfg ?

Taht is your server title is the hostname of the computer and no description is given, nor password or max players number.

It seems if server.cfg is not in $HOME it is not read.

Here follows the explanation.

I created a new user account, say "arma" into /home/arma

but i did not put ArmA stuf into /home/arma

I put it into /home/arma/arma-server

so in there I have the binaries /home/arma/arma-server/server , and all folders from my Windows game

/home/arma/arma-server/addons ; /home/arma/arma-server/campaigns etc...

all my *.cfg files and profiles are also in /home/arma/arma-server/

obviously i have /home/arma/arma-server/server.cfg

but when I run /home/arma/arma-server/server

or /home/arma/arma-server/server -config server.cfg

the game does not use server.cfg file

the solution, create a soft link :

> cd /home/arma/arma-server/

> ln -s server.cfg ../server.cfg

for information it starts on

debian 4 (upgraded from sarge to gold 4)

/home/arma/arma-server/server -config server.cfg

the game does not use server.cfg file

Did you try running ./server -config=server.cfg ?

I've got the arma linux server installed in /usr/games/arma and it's reading the config just fine.

In the upcomming Linux Dedicated Server the following issues are (hopefully) fixed:

Quote[/b] ]Quote (whisper @ Sep. 27 2007,15:15)

Has anyone tried to run the Linux dedicated with Signature Check enabled? I try without success. I get signature check errors for eveyone connecting.

It should work now. Please report any problems!

Quote[/b] ]Code Sample

ldd ./server

libwwwinit.so.0 => not found

libwwwapp.so.0 => not found

libwwwhtml.so.0 => not found

libwwwtelnet.so.0 => not found

libwwwnews.so.0 => not found

libwwwhttp.so.0 => not found

libwwwmime.so.0 => not found

libwwwgopher.so.0 => not found

libwwwftp.so.0 => not found

libwwwdir.so.0 => not found

libwwwcache.so.0 => not found

libwwwstream.so.0 => not found

libwwwfile.so.0 => not found

libwwwmux.so.0 => not found

libwwwtrans.so.0 => not found

libwwwcore.so.0 => not found

libwwwutils.so.0 => not found

libwwwzip.so.0 => not found

libwwwxml.so.0 => not found

libmd5.so.0 => not found

None of these libraries (including libmd5) is used any more.

(It is not deployed yet but it will be soon.)

New beta of the linux server is available from the same location.

BI ftp server

Note that it is build 5169 with some more fixes and improvements not directly related to Linux version.

Quote[/b] ]

5164 - Fixed: Handling of invalid CD keys on dedicated servers improved

5164 - Fixed: Signature verification timeout significantly relaxed.

5164 - Fixed: Vehicle channel no longer transforms to a side channel when not in the vehicle.

5164 - Fixed: assignToAirport did the same as landAt. Now it assigns for purpose of future getout commands.

5164 - Fixed: MP: Player driving motorcycle could die suddenly with no apparent reason.

5164 - Fixed: Building ruins were not visible for JIP-ed players.

5164 - Fixed: spinning in select() on Linux Dedicated Server

Note esp. new handling of invalid CD keys as it can refuse connection to players that are not using legitimate CD keys.

OK, MyInternetServices.com runs a Tournament for ArmA called ICArmA. Great tournament. Love the idea of having the linux server up but we are having issues with the netcode. The battles usually last about 4hrs and these past 2 weekends 1 to 1.5hrs into the battle alot of people are getting disconnected with the red/orange chain icon. The server is in Texas, 2xDual core 1218's 2GigRAM, Cent OS 4.5

When we use the monitor command in the server get 4FPS, 90MB of memory, on the server when everyone is loaded in(about 100people). When I look at the CPU usage, it shows 147%

Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Any progress on this issue? 100+ people on the same server sounds amazing! Is the netcode capable of handling that kind of load? Is it an issue with the server or is it the game itself not compatable with large-scale battles?

huh.gif

Thats a promising list.

Any plans on doing the same for windows server?

None of these libraries (including libmd5) is used any more.

Minor issue, but the readme.txt of today's version still mentions having to install libwww:

Quote[/b] ]1b. ArmA Server is using shared libraries. w3c-libwww library must be installed on your system.

In the upcomming Linux Dedicated Server the following issues are (hopefully) fixed:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (whisper @ Sep. 27 2007,15:15)

It should work now. Please report any problems!

Thanks a lot!

patched, I try to get some1 to test for me now, I'm at work smile_o.gif

when are they going to work on the CD key check with the Windows server files sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

thats just great make one version to where these smacktards can join in and ruin games, and the linux version gets the cd check>sad_o.gif

thats just great make one version to where these smacktards can join in and ruin games, and the linux version gets the cd check>sad_o.gif

Win32 Dedicated server is fixed too but being tested atm.

Signature check now works fine for Linux version. Thanks Bebul & Co! smile_o.gif

testing this new version that high end server. hope missions won't bug and the Server FPS going haywire like it did on the last version.

Thanks BIS.. works great.. now we can drive motorcycle without fear... tounge2.gif

Are there any known issues concerning Queens Gambit and the latest linux dedicated server version?

We uploaded the QG content files including every new addon and every original ArmA addon that had been changed. The islands appear in the mission selection. The original QG missions start without problems. We've disabled every community addon in order to avoid incompatibilities - no success.

I've placed some QG jeeps and soldiers lonely on Porto but the server is still denying every mission with QG content saying that dbe1 is not there anymore sad_o.gif

We don't know for sure if it's a problem with the linux server or queens gambit. That's why I'm asking.

Here's how we start the linux arma and queens gambit

Quote[/b] ] ${SERVER} >>${LOGFILE} 2>&1 -server -config=${CONFIG} -port=${PORT} -pid=${PIDFILE} -mod=aglt_basic_pack_103\;aglt_desert_mod_102\;aglt_erweiterung_mod_101\;dbe1

By the way:

Every other problem except for Mr. Murrays aircreate script didn't work anymore on the linux server had been solved smile_o.gif Thanks to whoever or whatever fixed it smile_o.gif