recopykz3.gif

readme:

Quote[/b] ]Rahmadi Extended v1.0

====================

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7625/requ6.jpg

Changelog:

#Fixed all/most displaced objects.

#Fixed SatMap/Mask issue.

#Added quite a few new things (explore wink_o.gif )

#Fixed compatibility issue with other custom island(s).

--------------------------

Unresolved Issues:

#There are still some ladders and possibly doors that are not functioning.

#More roads would be nice.

#SatMap/Mask not perfect.

#Some 'esthetical' errors.

-----------------------------

This version of my Rahmadi Extended is hopefully a build worthy of a v1.0 title, my next planned update of this map will be final and not released until full version of Visitor 3 and etc. is released.

If you have any suggestions/bugreport/similar please notify me via PM (http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=MSS;CODE=04;MID=79-1169123051) at the BIS forums, or see thread.

----------------------------

Many thanks to Bohemia Interactive, the very patient, knowledgeable and helpful people at the BIS forums.

Installation Procedure:

Unrar the file and put OPX_RE.pbo in your AddOns folder.

Please Enjoy.

Some Screen shots:

re1ur9.jpg

re2eb5.jpg

re3aa1.jpg

Download:

LINK

Alternate Download:

LINK

Mirrors:

Combat-Prison.net Mirror

Armaholic mirror

That's awesome Opteryx!

I took the first released version for a spin today (just got time) and whalla...I didn't even recognize Ramadi! Looking forward to checkin this one out. Nice job bro!!!

notworthy.gif

Thank you very much for the Ligthouse's Opteryx. smile_o.gif

At the beginning i din't like Rahmadi but now after you modified it, it's one of my favorite islands.

So thank's wink_o.gif

Yeah, it really rocks. Can you please add a couple of small villages (with houses that you can enter) at more distant sites so raid missions can be made? tnx!

Yeah, it really rocks. Can you please add a couple of small villages (with houses that you can enter) at more distant sites so raid missions can be made? tnx!

Next update is going to be pretty extensive, I might even expand the landmass and add a bigger more modern city which is inter-connected with the small village making the village sort of old town conjuncted with the new city.

I'll add some houses in some desolate places if that's what you guys want, actually that gave an idea, maybe I'll make a small drug cartel like compound somewhere.

-edit-

That "expand landmass" part is a very big maybe, don't know how doable that is without having to start from scratch, especially since Visitor's real-time land modifier is poop.

Next update is going to be pretty extensive, I might even expand the landmass and add a bigger more modern city which is inter-connected with the small village making the village sort of old town conjuncted with the new city.

I'll add some houses in some desolate places if that's what you guys want, actually that gave an idea, maybe I'll make a small drug cartel like compound somewhere.

I'd like to see some really dense jungle over on the other side of the island, over the hill from the town. Maybe a few clearings for camps, shacks etc. That would certainly help me in my forest fire tests smile_o.gif

That "expand landmass" part is a very big maybe, don't know how doable that is without having to start from scratch, especially since Visitor's real-time land modifier is poop.

I don't think landmass expansion is necessary, I'd like to see what you can do with existing landmass smile_o.gif

If you're going to do more landmass, you might as well just do your own, original island that you can totally claim smile_o.gif

Use Rahmadi as practice wink_o.gif

I know roads are a bit bugged but could you make the Airfield into concrete?

Nice work wink_o.gif

Nice Rahmadi Extension v1.0!!

I'm missing a pier or little harbor where you can go by ferry to Sahrani. More villages and roads maybe an highway/freeway would be fine too.

I know roads are a bit bugged but could you make the Airfield into concrete?

Nice work wink_o.gif

I've thought about it and didn't really think it would fit on the island, I could try though to see how it looks.

NoRailgunner You're crazy! tounge2.gif

I don't think the Sahrani Wildlife Conservation Office would be to happy about A FREEWAY( !! ) going across Rahmadi. biggrin_o.gif

So how about the really dense jungle idea, is that a goer?

Hmm I don't really see a jungle thing happening unless I expand the landmass, I could have a look into it though but I want this project to be very good for performance (since other maps I'm working on are most likely to be a lag-o-rama), there was this jungle vegetation pack I downloaded a while ago though, filled up the entire island with jungle and still was playable.

So how about the really dense jungle idea, is that a goer?

Hmm I don't really see a jungle thing happening unless I expand the landmass, I could have a look into it though but I want this project to be very good for performance (since other maps I'm working on are most likely to be a lag-o-rama), there was this jungle vegetation pack I downloaded a while ago though, filled up the entire island with jungle and still was playable.

Fair enough smile_o.gif I just thought that the little "bowl" to the south of the town and over the hill would have made a very nice dense jungle area.

Just to let you know: entire tommorow multiplayer squadnight will be organized on your Rahmadi Extended wink_o.gif

Story:

SOFOR did a couple of outstanding operations on Sahrani and peace soon prevailed. So RACS asked SOFOR to move unit to a Rahmadi airport and set up a small FOB there, where we will with cooperation of RACS police conduct several raids and try to find our what are villagers hiding. There is a rumour that a terrorist group is well "dug in" the village and its using island to transport new weapons to Sahrani via small fishing boats. Is that true? We'll find out tommorow.

If you have a squad, let me know via PM so we can maybe find a spot for your team. Operation on Rahmadi Extended will start Sep 20th, Thursday at 1800Z (2000 CEST).

welcome.gif

update: photo of our FOB for the operation available here

-edit-

Uh silly me..

I'll see if I can join and maybe bring some friends, not promising anything though. smile_o.gif

Nice job Opteryx. Could I request/suggest something - and I have no idea yet if it's possible - is there a way to simply multiply ALL the heights by 2, doubling all the height values? I don't want to see towering peaks, but a little more height in the hills, say 2 or 3 times higher, could make Rahmadi much more interesting?

Could you try to see if this is possible?

WarWolf @ Sep. 20 2007,09:58)]Nice job Opteryx. Could I request/suggest something - and I have no idea yet if it's possible - is there a way to simply multiply ALL the heights by 2, doubling all the height values? I don't want to see towering peaks, but a little more height in the hills, say 2 or 3 times higher, could make Rahmadi much more interesting?

Could you try to see if this is possible?

I think I see what you mean, like increasing the contrast of the heightmap? Well not quite like that but I see what you mean. I know I could do it if I could edit the heightmap in grayscale, but I don't know if V3 has this capability.

looks sweet... now... expand the landmass and make it into a really nice big island biggrin_o.gif

but please, take it in small steps and dont make a big piece of land with almost nothing on it, i have sadly seen a lot of that for OFP...

best example of the "expand piece by piece" island for OFP is the Anjou island (cant remember who made it and if it´s the full name)