Sign in to follow this  
bigdog632

1.09 question

is it possible for us to get an idea of what is being fixed in the 1.09 patch that comes with the gold edition?

ive seen nothing about what it fixes in the places ive looked

HERE

Change log isn't complete yet, but keep watching that.

Quote[/b] ]CTD when resuming from a save in large and/or script intensive missions.

At last!! This was one of the most annoying bugs I ever seen.

confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault - 1.09

====================

- 0002421: [units/Vehicles] Spontaneous death while driving a motorcycle (Suma)

- 0001634: [AI] AI soldier can't fire when crouching behind the sandbags...[v1.02.5103 Polish]... [bIKIIMPORT] (Suma)

- 0002688: [General] CTD when resuming from a save in large and/or script intensive missions. (Suma)

That's a horrible list so far.... Honestly I never knew those were bugs.. I never experienced any of those.. except the motorcycle one... like once.

Nothing about parachutes, netcode, or cheat prevention... Wellp... I guess its back to PR and AA.

They will fix more than that... the list is never complete... 1.08 had more fixes than that.

yeah i really hope for those bug fixes and for stopping cheaters in multiplayer help.gif

also some new vehicles would be nice too. tounge2.gif i know addons addons but still just 3-4 more to civilian side and opfor and racs that adds whats missing from ofp like civilian air and boat and also opfor and racs gun boats to match the Rhib..

Yeah they are doing a good job!

The motorcycle one was a real pain in the arse.

And the other MP updates are good aswell because It will cut down on haxors, and other twats that are wrecking good MP games for others.

Victor thats the Community BTS changelog. not more not less.

BI has its own internal BTS in addition. wink_o.gif

Well that list was updated and written by SUMA. I'm sure bis has their own little list hidden in their office cave somewhere.

Anyways, I'm not expecting much ether way.

When you have two threads... saying "Arma is awesome", and "Arma is disappointing... "and the disappointment thread is 4x longer (and growing)... obviously theres more negatives a positives to the communities response to BIS's support for its community. This community has falling into pieces... and only a miracle will save it.

Well that list was updated and written by SUMA. I'm sure bis has their own little list hidden in their office cave somewhere.

Anyways, I'm not expecting much ether way.

When you have two threads... saying "Arma is awesome", and "Arma is disappointing... "and the disappointment thread is 4x longer (and growing)... obviously theres more negatives a positives to the communities response to BIS's support for its community. This community has falling into pieces... and only a miracle will save it.

And yet as per the usual with this assumption you forget to take into considering that most that are pleased with the game rather then griping about it.

Besides, each single post in the dissapointment thread isn't different, infact if you skim through you will see that the same thing is repeated over and over and over.

Yes you will see praise over and over in the "Awesome" thread but for that very reason some feel and wonder why bother posting the same thing over and over rather then play it and be happy with it.

The community is falling to pieces because of its own greed, we want things and by god we better get them is the attitude many are having right now. They set their hopes too high and are not only dissapointed when obviously it wasn't going to happen, but they complain about in a "How DARE you!" way.

Yes I'd love to have to turn off safeties for weaponry, flick switches to change firing mode, turn a knob to zoom in my optics, lean to the left or right of cockpit, view from a camera on the MFD what the designated sensor see's while still in first person. But thats asking a tad bit much don't ya think? And that is only a small part of the air section.

It's also gotten to the point of some infact stating that they don't care if the community can do something different with an addon, no it HAS to be default or it doesn't mean anything which is why I salute other charitable addon/mod makers/modifiers, scripters, configing, coders, 2D artists, 3D artists and course the map/Island makers, of the community for keeping their chins up. And I hope they keep their spirits high and continue to work on things that they do in their spare time when they could be doing something else, and with nobody paying them or receiving any benefit other then knowing they made something and pleased others and perhaps themselves.

If we had people complaining about the ability to control an Arma soldier by default then how well do you think they will fare with a more realistic helicopter, plane or tank? You think they will accept that they need extra practice with it? It is more likely they will come here and complain. "It's just too hard..have sympathy..I want standards lowered.."

To appeal to the mainstream audience you need two things

Graphics

Simplicity

But now I'v strayed far far off the subject...I highly doubt that is the full list, supposedly said by Suma himself, the rudders for helicopters and planes will be fixed to provide more maneuverability without having to travel at exceedingly slow speeds.

Quote[/b] ]well that list was updated and written by SUMA.

Nope Victor, it is auto generated list by the BTS!

And again it only contains the fixes of the Community BTS.

Anyway we will see when and what 1.09 will bring along. xmas_o.gif

People are more willing to complain about things than praise it, it's human nature. Look at the news, how often do you see positive things reported? Maybe in the local news you'll get something at the end of the show like "dog saves owner from killer rabbits!" but by and large you rarely see positive news in the media, and it's usually downplayed for the more dramtic "bad" news.

I'm sick of people simply assuming things without any evidence these days. People assume ArmA was being abandoned and it'll never be "fixed", then they announce they're patching it and shipping it with the expansion and people then assume it'll suck and won't do anything useful. It's catch 22, BIS can't do something without people moaning because it doesnt match their high expectations. If they don't do something then people complain that they no longer care about it or the "community".

No wonder they don't release much information on things any more and are quiet. They don't want people to rip their throats out when they deliver something not quite how people expected it, but it's happening anyway because of all this silly assuming people are making.

Just wait for the patch, let's see what it does or doesn't do. Remember, very few patch notes (for any game) have the FULL list of changes, they usually just list the more substantial ones. I'm sure they'll be working on more things, but because of the above mentioned hostility from the community they've decided not to show any details of some things they might not be able to deliver to the ever so high expectations of the whiners.

Regarding 1.08, 1.09 and Queen's Gambit, do you think/know if BIS will update the patch version included in that pack ?

Would be something logical to do, in my opinion. But QG may already be in 505 Games' DVD burners, which will be too late for a last update.

Malick

Regarding 1.08, 1.09 and Queen's Gambit, do you think/know if BIS will update the patch version included in that pack ?

Would be something logical to do, in my opinion. But QG may already be in 505 Games' DVD burners, which will be too late for a last update.

Malick

BIS have a history of thorough patching and long-term product support. I'm sure that QG and ArmA will be patched at least one more time in addition to 1.09. Additionally, they're quite good about making sure that everyone is playing the same version.

I asked that because QG is advertised as shipping with final 1.08 patch. Maybe they could update that to ship QG with 1.09.

Otherwise, I know they'll keep on patching and improving the game. Hmmm, better say, "I truly hope" they'll keep on patching...

wink_o.gif

Malick

imho BIS will release QG with Patch 1.08 and after few day's they release patch 1.09 and in december patch 1.24 xmas_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I only have ONE complaint about ArmA, aircraft controls. Technically, the controls are all the same as they were in OFP I think, but somehow they operate so damned differently. I could take an Apache across Nogova at less than 5m above ground at 150km/h or whatever they did speed by but I somehow keep hitting all the wrong keys in ArmA and add in the general twitchiness of aircraft, helicopters in particular, and I can barely keep any of them airborne much less actually use them in a combat situation.

I could rape armored columns all day long in OFP, but now I can't even take off properly...

sad_o.gif

Beyond that, I'm in full agreement that the lot of you who came in with ArmA are asking too much. A lot of it sounds damn familiar too...at least you didn't have to wait for patch 1.9X for the Camel.

if you look at anything out there that has a forum

more people voice complaints than people voice compliments

its a sad fact of reality

if you look at anything out there that has a forum

more people voice complaints than people voice compliments

its a sad fact of reality

True. But the fact is they shelled out a practical alpha of the game when it was released. And have been continually patching it since then. So from the beginning, the complaints were byinlarge, the problems have been reduced, and until (I predict) 1.46 version of Arma we'll start seeing a turn around.

Quote[/b] ]And yet as per the usual with this assumption you forget to take into considering that most that are pleased with the game rather then griping about it.

I'm not so sure most are pleased with a game that at any given (frequent) moment, user input is disabled and thousands of buildings spawn all over the place. This is BIS's problem, this is ArmA. If this is a problem, and you do not like it.. that is another thing to add to the dissapointment list. If the game didn't have hackers/cheaters nearly as frequent as we do now, many would have little to complain about. The other bugs will probably be fixed soon enough.. but I doubt the commitment bis has to its multiplayer base... especially with the arma2 announcement.

If they fixed the hacker issue + parachute bug.. I'm happy. I never asked for more features and yet you assume "that our greed for more" is what is causing the community to fall apart? No way.. It's the horrendus malfunctions with the coding already in place. This game needs to be fixed with the features already implemented before new stuff is added... You add more crap, there will be more problems.. I say fix the issues now, add your switches and new vehicles and functions later. But I guess taking Rahmadi, reshaping it like an oval, adding a city instead of bare grassland and calling it Porto and using this as a major selling point in GQ features.. is what they think we need.

Quote[/b] ]It's also gotten to the point of some infact stating that they don't care if the community can do something different with an addon.

Most people who said that probably have never played OFP, and thus don't realize what a difference it will make.

Quote[/b] ]To appeal to the mainstream audience you need two things

Graphics

Simplicity

This game isn't supposed to be a game that holds their hand... If people don't like it, they can go play BF2 and CSS. I'll be glad they left. If ArmA had OFP graphics but had the gameplay features added, then hurray.

True. But the fact is they shelled out a practical alpha of the game when it was released. And have been continually patching it since then. So from the beginning, the complaints were byinlarge, the problems have been reduced, and until (I predict) 1.46 version of Arma we'll start seeing a turn around.

every MP game i have played has required patching...some numerous patches and no im not talking about OFP

other games are in it ill not name any but ive played many games

and they all rquired patches some in excess of 500MBs