Sign in to follow this  
Spinor

CoC Command Engine X

Quote[/b] ]Looking forward!! As a matter of interest how many work on CEX?

Check "CEX.../Info.../Credits" ingame smile_o.gif

Sorry for the lack of updates. After arriving in the UK, I continued CEX development about two weeks ago. The next version should be ready by the end of November, mostly including bug fixes but also a few new goodies.

Regarding the forums: We are currently in the process of creating a new forum which should be available soon.

I know ... he didn't say which year wink_o.gif

Quiet_man

First of all, thank you for this work, it is awsome!

Secondly I would like to get some help with the description.ext.

I'm having problems to add a East side and having two commanders fighting each other.

Any chance of getting some instructions to do this? I have read the manual and the forum but couldn't find the info.

Thanks for your help

is there a possibility that u can "enableAttack false" when making waypoints on the fly? because i was looking in the one of the pbo, and found something a file about set behaviour or something. and noticed there is a line with "enableAttack true/false" (not exactly like that, just something like it. cant remember). but failed to trace when/where it is invoked.

any clue?

Havin the most fun ever in arma with this.

I created a huge (crude but functional) mission by taking the bravo template and combining it with the large infantry one. Changed the weapons squads to spec forces, added 2 transport and two attack choppers and one transport element of 2 hmmwv's, 2 boats and a little bird(mostly for the spec ops) .  Created a huge enemy presence in north sahrani.  The mission starts at 1930 and it is now in game 0420 starting to get light and the spec ops boys have succesfully taken out the six primary anti-air targets and some front line hazards.  I basically am not even half way through as i will soon be attacking Corazol and will still have the giant of Bagango ahead.  The possibilities with this mod are huge you end up creating your own operations with in the mission and thanks to the ability to switch to another unit you can experience normal arma aswell which I had to to destroy the shilkas but the system also enables you to land your choppers and keep them landed and sort out other unit probs like men getting stuck and tanks running out of fuel etc.  I currently have lost 2 spec ops men and thanks to the little bird extracted the rest out of a fire fight north east of Mount Valor with a reaction sqaud and(since i created the mission i know) the 2 approaching mechanized platoons.  Thanks COC team and looking forward to more releases.  

Some suggestions/requests:

Make the choppers able to land and stay landed instead of taking off again and hovering.  A way to have a sqaud patrol an area and maybe if possible connect the sqaud to another sqaud as a quick reaction force of sorts that as soon as the patrol makes contact with(even just sees) enemies they respond.  Thanks again and unfortunatley Varsity is getting hectic again so prob wont finish that mission till March sometime.

I don't suppose you could post this mission I was going to do one like this but havnt got round to it.

Guys I just want to give my absolute praise for CEX Command Engine! I've finally learned how to incorporate your system nto a mission I've editted. It truly should be adopted by every mission maker. It makes SP missions way more strategic and adds a true combat simulation feeling. The control over multiple fire teams, platoons, etc. is a wonderful thing, nay beautiful thing. biggrin_o.gif

Hopefully mission makers will give it a go, making it standard for all missions, SP at least, would add a whole new dimension to the SP experience. Unfortunately, I've never used CEX in MP so I won't comment. Others feel free to add your MP opinions.

Any way, I just wanted to show my amazement at the depth that CEX brings to SP game play. And last but not least, I want to express my happiness and game play enjoyment which CEX adds to my personal ArmA experience.

Thank You CoC & Co..

I also want to praise this addon.....

CEX makes controlling a small army easier with more situational awareness.

QUESTION

Is it possible, and if so how would I go about implementing the CEX system into RTS4 huh.gif

Issues:

1.) units get created dynamically under player control

2.) squad structure needs to be changed by color assignment made in game, or other menu interface accessible in game...

I wanted to see if Spinor or anyone else could help....

This game is still in its own category as far as I am concerned....

Being able to control 30 AI for each human player....

This ability or function is not be utilized enough as far as I can see.

Thanks for your time,

Blacknight

From the latest news of Arma 2 it looks like they have taken note of this and implemented it in a fashion with the mentioned :

Quote[/b] ]- In the new view called High-level-command your troops can be navigated like in a strategy game.

wink_o.gif

I have a question, how can set my mission so only the commander has access to the Command Engine?

Cant wait for the next version. 0.86 is still full of bugs.

Any word of a new upcoming CoC-CEX version ?

New version is in the works, but I wil not give an ETA as I have been proven wrong too often smile_o.gif.

I'm interested in using a portion of CoC CEX for the upcomming Stryker addon that Ryujin is spearheading, for use in the IVIS communications between vehicles.

Damn CEX would serve well in this capacity, that's fantastic. Now if only it would be adopted as a mission making standard......... whistle.gif

Spinor,

It's great to know that a new version is in the pipeline. Thanks for the update. Bugs et al, I can't play ArmA with out it. It has added a whole new dimension to the game. As far as I'm concerned it's a completely different game, much greater immersion and a shizenload of fun. thumbs-up.gif

In CoC_CEX these are the currently available groups:

Company

Platoon

Squad

Fireteam

Could you also include:

A Battalion-sized unit

More command level capabilities ?

Yes, next version will have no hardcoded level limit, so if your computer can handle it you can simulate a Corps if you like smile_o.gif. In the currently released version you can already have Battalion level, with Squads at the basic level:

Battalion

Company

Platoon

Squad

Quote[/b] ]I'm interested in using a portion of CoC CEX for the upcomming Stryker addon that Ryujin is spearheading, for use in the IVIS communications between vehicles.

What portion are you interested in? Just viewing capabilities or (limited) command abilities?

To shorten the waiting time a little bit smile_o.gif, here is a new CEX mission created by Solomani:

Chain of Command - CEX Mission: US Army Cavalry Troop

Readme

Quote[/b] ]====================================================================

Installation: Place mission pbo in your missions and/or MPmissions folder.

Recommend addons: DMSmokeEffects, NonWonderDog suite (NWD_TankFCS, NWD_Ballistics, NWD_ScopeFix)

=====================================================================

I am pleased to announce the release of my newest CEX mission: US Army Cavalry Troop.

This mission is an adaptation of basic zone recon fundamentals as described in the US Army Cavalry Field Manual 17-95. In addition, I have included basic mission information such as phase lines, line of departure, FEBA, etc. on the map to help with making this mission as realistic as possible.

Mission premise: A wheeled cavalry troop has been assigned to an air cavalry squadron. The troop is tasked with guarding the forward command post and FARRP. A OPFOR recon company is moving south towards the FARRP and has established a security zone just ~1 KM north of the CP. The troop will commence a zone recon to the north and will occupy objective Sarah. A air cav platoon is on standby to assist with the troops movement toward objective Sarah.

Can be played single or multiplayer (1-7 players).

Enjoy!

Solomani

27-MAR-2008

I can not get groups that include a vehicle to move inside the vehicle. The soldiers run always next to the vehicle to the waypoints.

Is there something I do not understand?

Great MOD!!!!!!!