Sign in to follow this  
Spinor

CoC Command Engine X

Select a group behaviour in which infantry boards their vehicles, such as "Travel". Check manual for appropriate behaviour modes. Alternatively, double-click a group and set "Embark Infantry" manually.

I finally got around to playing with this today, and it is absolutely fantastic. Top job guys.

One thing I would really like to see though, is the dynamic addition of groups. I know that this could be problematic due to the static definitions in the description.ext. But even if the dynamically allocated groups were not part of the predefined Table of Organisation (ie. appearing as Reinforcement1,Reinforcement2, etc outside the regular command structure), just being able to use CEX to command such units would open a lot of doors to mission makers. As the groups are assigned, the commander could be prompted to select the marker type.

Anyway, again, top-notch work thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Select a group behaviour in which infantry boards their vehicles, such as "Travel". Check manual for appropriate behaviour modes. Alternatively, double-click a group and set "Embark Infantry" manually.

I tryed this in the nr.1 demo mission with the striker mechanized inf. and it does not work. If you switch to the group you can order them to board the vehicle, but i can not do it over the command engine.

Any chance of support for 16:9 wide screen format, I notice on option is available but grayed out.

Or is it a case that its an ARMA engine limitation?

Great addon. Stupid question.

When I press 'M' I will exit the command interface, and I'm back in "FPS" mode.

How do I get back into 'command panel' ? Backspace won't work at least.

I just use the Command Engine option in the action menu. Other than that I'm not sure. I believe there is a keyboard option as well but I can't remember. Just check the ReadMe or one of the .pdf's that comes with the DL. If it's not in one of those, it might not be available until future updates.

Starting to get the hang of it...

Trying in editor to make my own, BUT...I got some problems:

A typical Swedish Inf Company is/was 4 Platoons whith 4 Squads in each. Each squad is 8 Soldiers...

When i try this in Editor and names and all are corect

in descr. I get a errormess saying heirarky is 5  and bla bla bla

4 something...

crazy_o.gif

Any ideas??

OK...Removed 1PL. Now the 3d PL is under order of 2nd PL..?!?

But its working, kindof...

Wanted to check on an error I get when CEX starts. it says

'...xf,_el select 2 select _yc,_el select 3 |#|select _yf]

Error Zero Divisor

file coc\cei\pos2grid.cpp line 35

other than that it works fine.

Any ideas?

Wanted to check on an error I get when CEX starts. it says

'...xf,_el select 2 select _yc,_el select 3 |#|select _yf]

Error Zero Divisor

file coc\cei\pos2grid.cpp line 35

other than that it works fine.

Any ideas?

Does it happen everytime or only occassionally? I've had this error and a few others upon starting a mission. But it doesn't seem to happen very often. Most of the time, I have no errors. Although occassionally I do see some. It doesn't seem to be effecting anything even when I do see an error.

Lest I forget, my occurances lately have all been with the same mission I'm working on. The errors seem to be completely random in my case but I can't say that for sure

so far Ive been playing the test missions and it seems to happen all the time.

This is probably a dumb question but do you have the .pbo's in the correct place?

Other then the addons not being present, I have no clue what's going on. Have you tried any of the missions released by CoC, or just the example mission that comes with the CEX DL? Have you edited these example missions prior to playing them or are you just trying the vanilla versions as they where released?

If you have the addons in the correct place and have tried all of the other mission to no avail, I'd say they CEX file you DL'd may be corrupt. If you haven't done so already, try to DL the CEX pack again and see if that fixes the error.

That error or line doesnt look familiar? Ill double check the addons. I believe there is only one other than markers and network services. Im using the generic missions to learn on that come with the mod.

That error or line doesnt look familiar? Ill double check the addons. I believe there is only one other than markers and network services. Im using the generic missions to learn on that come with the mod.

I've not seen this error often. I use CEX in all the mission I make and edit it into most missions I DL. I've never had an error occur consistently, so I can't say much for advice. Only to try the missions released by CoC members and see if those work. If the error still occurs, I'd recommend to erase all the @CEX mod folder and example missions, then dl CEX again and try the missions again.

My only hunch is that the DL you have is corrupt. I wish I could offer more assistance with this matter.

Two new questions about CEX

1. There is an option for waypoints to "wait for" x number of minutes or wait for a "signal". How do you use the signal option.

2. Getting troops to load/embark. Can someone explain how to use this option. Does it function in the game. The troops keep bailing out of the vehicle when it moves.

Also my error listed in posts above I believe is related to mouse movement and may be a function of my system having problems with the usb ports. Will continue to check.

Quote[/b] ]2. Getting troops to load/embark. Can someone explain how to use this option. Does it function in the game.

You click the unit, then right click "embark" and then click on the vehicle icon you want them to embark on. Then once they have embarked you will see a smaller icon next the the icon for the vehicle (the small icon = the unit) so you can still right click on them to to disembark.

Works with helis, and with helis you can place a waypoint and just set it to "unload" which will kick them out once landed .. I think thats the same with most vehicles.

Does the vehicle have to be declared in CEX as a group or can it just be an empty vehicle on the map. Also the troops keep disembarking when I tell the vehicle to move.

Update

I got the vehicles to work by declaring the crew and them moved them into the vehicle upon mission startup. Now I can assign the vehicle as transport.

Now another question.

In the map view of CEX I see the tactical symbol for each squad as well as the arrowhead icon for each individual soldier. Is there a way to turn the icons off so only the tactical symbol is viewed?

To disable the individual soldier icons, select Veteran mode or check your Difficulty options for this ArmA setting.

Yea!!! Spinor great to hear from you. Thanks for the advise on this. Ill give it a goal. Great job on CEX.

I really have fun with this great mod, but I still could not find out how to get a group teamed with a vehicle to board the vehicle. (I can only order them directly, when I take command of the group by switching to their commander)

I would love to hear how this works!

I really have fun with this great mod, but I still could not find out how to get a group teamed with a vehicle to board the vehicle. (I can only order them directly, when I take command of the group by switching to their commander)

I would love to hear how this works!

I've always wondered about this as well. I just figured it was not possible in this version. I'm glad you brought this up. I'm eager to find out. biggrin_o.gif

Getting troops to enter a vehicle within their own group (i.e. team or squad) is not directly possible. The boarding is governed by the group behavior setting, i.e. Aware, Combat etc. You can also specifically set it by double clicking a unit and select "Embark Infantry" from the dialog. Please note though that even then infantry might not board vehicles immediately, but only after ordering the group to move some minimum distance.

Spinor! Glad you're still there! I have played almost nothing but CEX this past year - its great! I must ask though, when will you implement dynamic command-structure defining? I have waited a whole year for this now, and i would be satisfied with only some sort of way to restart (reinitialize) the CEX-engine so the engine would respond to any changes in the group structure. To be clear, i love you for the work you have done so far, but this little thing would make the engine complete for me! Cheers!

Hi,

I'd like to call some of my own scripts via the CEX interface. I've identified the corresponding spot in the description.ext (testmission), but can't figure out how to do it correctly.

What I want, is to call the mortar.sqs when the user selects the "mortar"-entry in the dropdown-menu.

It seems, that this has to happen in the "action"-line. Can anyone give me the correct syntax?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Mortar

{

text = "Mortar";

action = "['Pick Position',{player sidechat format['Mortar Strike on Grid %1',_pos call cei_pos2grid]}]call _pickPos";

tooltip = "Call for Company mortar strike";

};

Thanks

Jens

I am not sure if thats what you mean with dropdown-menu, but I would suggest to use the right-click context menu. In the example description.ext there is an entry CEX_CustomUI/ContextMenu you can modify:

Code:

class CEX_CustomUI

{

title ="Mission Menu"; // Default Widget Title

enabled ="true"; // Custom Menu enabled

class ContextMenu

{

title ="Support"; // Title of context sub-menu

width =0.15; // Screen-width of menu

show ="true"; // display menu

enabled="true"; // enable menu

pic =""; // menu icon

// Menu entries

class Mortar

{

text = "Mortar"; // Item text

action = "[_pos]exec 'mortar.sqs'"; // Item action

};

};

};

This should enable a submenu "Support" within the right-click context menu with an entry "Mortar", that will execute "mortar.sqs" with the map-click position as parameter (adjust this as required by your script).