Sign in to follow this  
BloodOmen

ArmA Queens Gambit Packshot Winner ????

Okay does anyone know who won it ?

I havent seen any announcements on sites / forums or the offical site www.armaqueensgambit.com

In Terms and conditions it says itll be announced 7th August.

But on the Compition Flash Button Page, it says it is announced on the 6th August.

Sooo nows its the 8th confused_o.gif

They are probably waiting for the web master to update the page.

Quote[/b] ]The winners will be notified via email on or before 8th August 2007. You may also write to New Media Maze after 8th August 2007 at the address above, to see if you have won the prize.

in the terms at the bootom of the website

I e-mailed New Media Maze (the PR company 505 Games are using to promote the expansion and run the website).

Apparently they have been unable to get a firm decision from 505 Games, but are hoping to announce the results over the next day or two.

Now who won the competition ?

EDIT:

ok found that on Armaholic.com

Quote[/b] ]Congratulations to Lukas Poffet, whos design has been chosen as the winner of the ArmA: Queen's Gambit Packshot Competition and will be used as the official artwork for the release.

4-arma_winner.jpg

Seems to be a screen from one of the official trailers.

Guest Ti0n3r

Doesn't look very original to me. But, oh well whistle.gif

Oh dear,

you think they went with the safe bet to eliminate copyrights ?

It certainly isnt the best looking and there are a few with this same shot.

Queens what now ? that just dosent say it at all.

it's not an official snapshot. Look at main page of armed assault and you will see official shot at right top...

What the hell? crazy_o.gif

That guy put zero effort into it! That's a screen from the trailer I did, with logos slapped onto it!

What a joke! Considering the amount of real talent and effort that went into the contest, that's a complete disgrace as a winning entry. The guy did nothing, absolutely nothing - stole a screen from a trailer (which incenses me more because it's actually my "art" that he's using - my footage), slapped logos onto it, and somehow he wins when countless entries were done with far more heart, energy, time, and effort?

I call shenanigans on this. I could have shit that entry out in a five minute window, and at least I would be able to claim that I actually created the screen used for it.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]I call shenanigans on this

Ditto.

That guy put zero effort into it! That's a screen from the trailer I did, with logos slapped onto it!

What a joke! Considering the amount of real talent and effort that went into the contest, that's a complete disgrace as a winning entry. The guy did nothing, absolutely nothing - stole a screen from a trailer (which incenses me more because it's actually my "art" that he's using - my footage), slapped logos onto it, and somehow he wins when countless entries were done with far more heart, energy, time, and effort?

I call shenanigans on this. I could have shit that entry out in a five minute window, and at least I would be able to claim that I actually created the screen used for it.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Does it really suprise you?

Quote[/b] ]I call shenanigans on this. I could have shit that entry out in a five minute window, and at least I would be able to claim that I actually created the screen used for it.

maybe they need a copy of this

judgethisjf8.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif

Does it really suprise you?

Honestly? Yes and no.

No, it doesn't surprise me, because that screenshot is a really solid one and the overall design (which I will not give credit to the "creator" for, because it's a completely obvious design and only works because of that specific screenshot) makes it work nicely as a minimalistic piece with lots of ambience. Also, from a copyright standpoint, they have nothing to worry about - they own the trailer it was created from, and therefore they own the screen. This is a very safe bet from their point of view.

On the other hand, yes, it does surprise me that they took this particular entry when so many people put so much more time, energy, dedication, and love into it. It frustrates me that someone who did practically nothing ends up winning (regardless of the prize) a contest that many others deserved to win due to the talent and passion that they put into it.

On a personal level, it frustrates me immensely. I know people who submitted great entries to this contest, entries which turned out extremely well, and to see them lose to someone who is winning largely because of my work feels like a roundabout and unintentional betrayal of those people. That gets me a bit heated.

I'm going to be honest, here. I think it could use a bit more Lens flair.

I've taken the liberty of adding it myself, and thusly, I am now the winner of the contest. Please Email me at Kevb0@hotmail.com. Thank you.

needsmorelensflairvl8.th.jpg

Full image Here.

I'm going to be honest, here. I think it could use a bit more Lens flair.

I've taken the liberty of adding it myself, and thusly, I am now the winner of the contest. Please Email me at Kevb0@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Oh lawd, that's the kind of cover that, if I were to see it in a computer store, I would buy it immediately without even knowing what it is.

PS: I came.

Hey guys, do you know where I can get a high-res version of the real winner:

931e46d5f0b11f67b9c23244795e5118.jpg

so I can print it out and put on my QG cover?

Wanna share other contribution's image links?

try this : http://www.armedassault.eu/queensgambit.php

the winner-shot is here... http://www.armedassault.eu/queensgambit.php?nr=149&records=1

about the winner.... its not my choice either. blagh!

i get the feeling that the 'marketing/promotion'  people think that we are just kids...

i think both 'promotional' attempts failed to create some credibility with the community.  its stuff for kids. and im not a kid anymore.

Kevb0 :

nice retouching!

still, i like my first packshot better.

64ac7caa8985ca86cc4c21f31bc52210.jpg

Waste of talent  sad_o.gif

My personal fav. "Red Army" by Javier Peinado

209b55a65aac033d02214cd4a48a26fb.jpg

...wait on on official armedassault.com they took this:

pic_arma_qg_box183.jpg

it's good to know that terms and conditions have been borne in mind. whistle.gif