Sign in to follow this  
armatech

UNA British Mod

I am a real person that has had his work crushed to shit buy a few people that hate me for some reason or other so im very annoyed that he also joined in for no reason at all.

All i did wrong was post an image that was not ours for this im sorry but still there is no need to flame me like this for doing work for the community. Rocko has done this before also in the ofp days

I am a real person that has had his work crushed to shit buy a few people that hate me for some reason or other so im very annoyed that he also joined in for no reason at all.

All i did wrong was post an image that was not ours for this im sorry but still there is no need to flame me like this for doing work for the community. Rockohas doen this befor to me also in the ofp days

But you said the ghillie suit is yours?

Hold the presses! wait with your verdict!

Its all clear to me now!

As i cant have 'riots' a week before the modmeeting, with these same guys participating in the meeting, and this thread!

So.. i went out and checked out what was really wrong.

1st. Armatec posts a thread with a wrong image.

Whatever was on that image, doesnt matter. as its not IN the addon.

2nd. RavenDK spots this image, before ArmATeC realizes he posted the wrong picture.

3rd. RavenDK starts downloading to check if his stuf is used.

As he is on cellphone internet - speeds are slow.

4rd. ArmAteC, replies that he doesnt stole the suit, but is not clear on what really is misunderstood - or wrongly explained by ArmAtec.

5th. - The community goes berzerk on the given ( wrong ) info.

6th. Me - Jerry gets confused and diggs in. Downloaded the

addon, checked for the textures and notes they are not in the addon.

7th. got both modders together. RavenDK - and Armatec

relaxx.gif

Everything is cleared up, and a complete misunderstanding. Let me explain.....

Armatec posts a image without checking. this image is NOT related to the mod.

Armatec neglects to explain clearly. - distracted by all 'negative' comments.

Armatec updates the image, still not explaining clearly whats going on.

Whats going on then?

The Addon DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY MODEL WITH THAT SKIN!

the initial image posted in this thread was a 'mistake'

ofcourse there are always people who like to think 'different' about it.... but please let it be 'Thinking' only.

Unless you are involved in the 'quarrel' you should keep your opinions aside.

RavenDK and UNA cleared things up: Case closed!...

i hope people can sleep peacefully,

// this topic can get back on topic again.....

Quote[/b] ]a few people that hate me for some reason or other

Have you ever actually sat back and read the things you post? I reckon your answer lies there wink_o.gif

The DMP guy looks like G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS's unit that had the same problem.

After talking witht the UNA guys on teamspeak they told me that the containt is not stolen and not as in the first pic (that was changed)

So to summon it up there shoulden be models looking like this in the mod

proofe1bd1.jpg

(im downloading as fast as i can to check this out and solve all this)

So all.. lets all take a brake from this tropic befor it get closed or all get bannet.. right?

So chill out ppl, have a cookie

thumbs-up.gif

All i did wrong was post an image that was not ours for this im sorry but still there is no need to flame me like this for doing work for the community. Rockohas doen this befor to me also in the ofp days

But you said the ghillie suit is yours?

i remoddled it a little to try and debug it infact his addon was not even ment to be in the pack at all i have updated readme

Thanks for digging in Jerry. As I tried to say let's wait for a good dl link and check the addon before attacking. Mistakes can be made.

armatech, could you make some more pics (weapons, men) of the real U.N.A. British Mod? wink_o.gif

...and alternative dl-link would be nice too!!

Just to make sure, the L85A1 is no longer in frontline service (I belive it is still used in the TA for training). The L85A2 is now the British standard issue rifle.

I am not going to bother downloading this, if I have read correctly the items are spurious. Unless it has been cleared up.

Sorry, but a better image is needed than a tiny far away picture of the whole addon in a formation. Get some close-up shots of both the weapons, and the units themselves.

Just to make sure, the L85A1 is no longer in frontline service (I belive it is still used in the TA for training). The L85A2 is now the British standard issue rifle.

I am not going to bother downloading this, if I have read correctly the items are spurious. Unless it has been cleared up.

It's been cleared from what I can gather. Check page 4.

Now, there is something you've definitely taken without asking for permission in this pack. You've gone and taken UKF's L96 model and textures and replaced the bipod and scope.

tut_tut.jpg

I know of only one person we've given permission to port any part of our addons from OFP to ArmA to, and it ain't you. Our authorised conversion of it is seen on the left of my image (albeit an early version). Your hack-job even contains the transparent texture bug we encountered on the converted weapons.

There's no mention of UKF or the individual in our team who made that addon, in your readme.

Very bad form. Care to explain this?

armatech, irregardless of whether you stole work without permission, your attitude in this matter is unforgivable. Someone with +4 WL should know better. This earns you box #5 and a 2 month vacation.

Work on that attitude of yours during your vacation.

Wow. I WAS excited about finally getting a British pack (after playing so much Project Reality, I've grown to love Brit weapons) But now all of this. I'm inclined to side with the OP, but thats just me not wanting to cause problems and believe.

Anyway, I know that Im not in a position to say, but come on, IMO, they are just models. Yeah, sure, if he did in fact take them without permission, shame on him, but really, they are just models... Im sure they take tons of time and yes, one should ask before taking it, but really... Its an addon. For a game. A buggy game at that. wink_o.gif

(please dont take this as my looking down on modding or saying its easy or that I agree with theft of work. I'm not. Dont make unreasonable jumps for these statements. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into mods.)

Now, I hope this gets settled, and for the sake of being honest, I wont DL until this is all cleared up, but... smile...

*edit*

what I mean to say is that the OP and the person who was allegedly stolen from should take this into private matters and resolve it. It wont help with all the abuse from both sides jumping in when its not your models. That being said, im gonna duck out and not get involved any more... I should have listened to my own words and not jumped in at all sad_o.gif but, im an idiot. smile_o.gif

They look pretty good in my opinion but if the L96A1 was used with out permission I apologize for downloading the mod. I'm not gonna use it until this is cleared up.

***Nevermind, it ain't getting cleared up for a few months it looks like. In all due respect to the moderator that ban should be lifted so the community can see his response to the L96A1 issue. Also, although I think he could've responded a little differently his attitude was fairly tame. He was immediately attacked and it turned out, according to Jerry Hopper, that he made a mistake. He was accused of something that wasn't done. Now, if he did ripoff that L96A1 that's a whole different story. But the original accusations and his responses had nothing to do with this new problem.

Not much clearing up to be done. There was no permission asked or granted for the L96 model or textures to be used with this pack.

They were just ripped off instead confused_o.gif

Hmmm there arent many similarities beyond the stock , i agree with how the first berate may have happen, but seems over the gun thing a bunch of chaps who frequent the same ts channel kinda ganged up about the gun thing ?

that una gun looks alot like the old una_ofp gun to be honest with ya . especially with the tripod folded under still wink_o.gif

Not much clearing up to be done. There was no permission asked or granted for the L96 model or textures to be used with this pack.

That may be true but I don't know how to tell and would like to be informed, just in case. After what happened earlier I'd like to be absolutely positive before I erase this addon from my computer. I'm not gonna use something that was stolen but I'd like to be a bit more informed before I dump it.

armatech, irregardless of whether you stole work without permission, your attitude in this matter is unforgivable. Someone with +4 WL should know better. This earns you box #5 and a 2 month vacation.

Work on that attitude of yours during your vacation.

Excuse me Franze, there has been a mistake here.

People getting accused for something, by multiple people that have nothing to do with this current issue.

As the 'mistake' was cleared up, it was clear that some people that dont have anything to do with the matter, just fueled the ongoing fire, that was based on a mistake.

now, to the guys that 'Claim' something or second other peoples insinuations, i wonder why they put so much effort to nail somebody 'publicly'

i can imagine someone getting a bit heated up by him being attacked due to a small mistake.

For those people that publicly go throw dirt,

Wouldnt a PM be more discrete? if you suspect something, discuss with the guy that claims he made it.

this would prevent a lot of unneccesary stress and anger.

Also, people can claim a lot, but i see a lot differences in the gun.... btw: this gun has been released in a OFP mod for UNA.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/UNA1.jpg

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10473

ofp_sniper.jpg

i have had a few PM's of people about this issue..

whats it about? why do people put so much effort in 'telling' stories about other people, and not being able to send a decent PM about his findings?

Im really dissapointed by the way people 'handle' these things.

the 'Bigger' modders should not act like has been done in this thread. shame on you!

And Franze i kindly ask you to remove the BAN.

You are taking away the possibility for ArmATeC to solve this matter. focus on other people that find it needy to throw up dirt or provoke certain behaviour.

how would you feel if you're attacked from several sides over a simple mistake?

grow up people, rather sooner than later!

Excuse me Franze, there has been a mistake here.

And Franze i kindly ask you to remove the BAN.

You are taking away the possibility for ArmATeC to solve this matter. focus on other people that find it needy to throw up dirt or provoke certain behaviour.

He was post restricted (for 2 months) for the way he responded to this thread, NOT for his actions which started it.

Also - public discussion of a moderators decision is not allowed, as you so clearly expalin yourself, PM is "the way to go".

smile_o.gif

That may be true but I don't know how to tell and would like to be informed, just in case. After what happened earlier I'd like to be absolutely positive before I erase this addon from my computer. I'm not gonna use something that was stolen but I'd like to be a bit more informed before I dump it.

What sort of confirmation do you want exactly?

Messiah is the bloke who made the L96 for UKF, of all the people available to verify the source of those parts of the model and texture it's him (given armatech's post-restriction).

Nobody's going to be angry at you for using this addon, it's up to you whether you keep it or not.

The only issue is the fact that someone's work has been distributed without due credit to them, this suggests ultimately that these parts were created by someone other than the original author. So long as it can be distributed in this manner, its insulting to those who's work goes uncredited, and those who value the work of those who make original content for this game.

Like Messiah said, there's no real clearing up to be done, since it's quite clear now, on the only public space where this has been released; that the authorship of this addon isn't entirely as suggested by armatech. Anyone who proceeds to download, it does so knowing this, and so long as it's not distributed elsewhere under further false pretences, we're happy.

im really starting to wonder.....

Are you all in the same IRC channel discussing this topic or so?