Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueMods

Rg,

Great stuff man! Giving the user more options to tweak FOV/UI/Zoom/etc as they see fit is the best way to go. If there was an easy way to toggle all options (like a config file, not sure such thing is possible) that would even be better, but the work you have done is such a great step in the right direction.

Thanks Again

rg7621, can you please tell us what is changed when you edit the "opticsZoomMin" in the cfgweapons.h? Thx

hi rg7621,

at first, thanks for your mod.

In fact, the main problem for me is shown in below screenshot, it's hard to see clear on it when aim at target. How can I resolve it?confused_o.gif

armaexe0085715rb1.jpg

If you mean the "blur" effect, then minimize the "post effect" in arma's video options. Anyway, its ment to be like this.

confused_o.gif yes, the blur make it worse when it's smaller than the default one. by they way, in ArmA, it should be sharpen when the eyes focus on it, right? but default one is also blur.

when you use iron sights you are supposed to look past them to your target, so they should be blurred.

I wouldnt say its meant to be like that, at least not in vanilla.

Because youre looking at the gun from a different distance than was originally intended the blur effect is more pronounced on the iron sights.

I noticed the difference straight away, it didnt really bother me and im now used to it. The only solution would be to put PP to low.

absolutly love the TrueMod and everything about it I especially like the single dot crosshair but my question is how can I make it non transparent? A lot of time depending on the backdrop environment I have a hard time seeing the crosshair and would like to make it non transparent. Can anyone please help?

Great mod m8!

bugs report:

Can't see the speed indicator @ 800x600

Using AK74, switch to the iron sights, than select grenades, and throw one - camera goes crazy

regards

This bug of the "shaken camera" is already in vanilla arma.

Would be really nice to know how to edit this on our own, like individual zoom settings, old target reticle, changable size of UI etc. Please author tell us where we can edit it.

Open up the *.pbo and take a look. Its not that unlogical or magical wink_o.gif

Excellent work rg! I like the mix and match approach. I do not have TrackIR, but still like the TV 1.1. I like the fact that I can turn my head when running. I use free look a lot and your TV 1.1 made free look even better.

I also use the Veteran Crosshair & the User GUI. The user GUI is perfect with Voice Activated Commands. I hardly notice the menu box, unless I really need to. The new gps is in a great location, but it's size takes a bit getting used to.

Excellent job!

This bug of the "shaken camera" is already in vanilla arma.

Yeah...didn't know that confused_o.gif Would be cool if rg solved it somehow in his mod.

The user GUI is perfect with Voice Activated Commands. I hardly notice the menu box, unless I really need to. ....

Voice Activated commands? What/where/how?

Any plans on making it so we can see how many mags & frags we have left (without showing how many rounds left in a magazine).

Cause it's pretty unrealistic to not know that.

You're wrong.

It's unrealistic not knowing how many mags/frags you have when you leave your base. And it's probably unrealistic to forget that during the mission too. Besides, you can always check your gear in game just like in real life.

It's unrealistic not knowing how many mags/frags you have when you leave your base. And it's probably unrealistic to forget that during the mission too. Besides, you can always check your gear in game just like in real life.

Umm.. no, it's unrealistic to not know how many mags/frags you have left. When in combat I can look down at my tac vest/webgear and see how many mags I have left.

You can do this in ArmA, by hitting "G" (default key), but this is unrealistic because you stop what you're doing, drop to the ground and act like you're putting your weapon down/praying to allah. So you have to think of the line between realism and playability, and also consider the limitations in the game's engine (ie... it would be okay if I could hit "G" and my player's head would look down like he was looking through his vest and it show the gear menu).

Don't get me wrong, I love this mod and will continue to use it but it would be nice to consider that.

As for fogetting how many you have during a mission, yea, generally I don't forget, but if I get in a serious firefight where I have to put quite a few rounds down range, I might forget. But with frags, I generally do forget because I usually (most of the time) don't use them all at once (or continue to use them without switching to my rifle).

I know what you mean now, well that's one of the game's limitations, like the inability to reload while moving...But there are people (like me) who still prefer the current hud. Two versions maybe?

Not necessarily, for things such as grenades it could be possible to use hidden selections to simulate them being visible and or dissapearing upon use, however such a method isn't exactly practicle for the default game.

I would say this is very probably a bug:

I've been playing with the new crosshair for a few days and I really like it for aiming in general. However, when moving, the dots go very transparent and are very difficult to see when in most lighting levels. It's a little disorienting with a TIR because after you look around, it's a bit tough to know which way you're going.

I would suggest making the dots bigger or something to make them more visible.

I apologize if this has been said... but it is a bug.

When the ironsights are brought up, then the fire mode is switched to grenade and back to a rifle fire mode, the zoom is locked in. Then you have to drop the ironsights and bring them up again to unlock the zoom. Might want to take a look at this before a new release. If there is something I'm missing, then please let me know.

I apologize if this has been said... but it is a bug.

When the ironsights are brought up, then the fire mode is switched to grenade and back to a rifle fire mode, the zoom is locked in. Then you have to drop the ironsights and bring them up again to unlock the zoom. Might want to take a look at this before a new release. If there is something I'm missing, then please let me know.

This zoom issue with ironsight/grenade is now fixed.

---------------

To all,

I will be releasing an update of TrueMods in the next "days". Other then some random fixes and TrueView separated, there will also be a new mod included.

Closed upon request by rg7621.