Sign in to follow this  
lone.wolf

Best SoundMod..!

I personally think their M4 and M16 sounds are way off in Chammies.

And Chammies mod does not have helicopter sounds, nor is FDFs helicopter twice as loud.

Yepp agree definately with the M4/M16-the best ones of them ive heard is the Mod War Pack! smile_o.gif

Back to the helo's sound,Our clan has been using FDF's sounds since release!

I have this mission ive made with us going in with 4 littlebirds=Very loud!

Without the FDF sound pack nowhere near as loud! smile_o.gif

@thepiespy

Your right about chammys sounds,

I dount like the 1st Person Gun sounds too!!!

*Puts Hands on Ears and shuts Eyes*

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. ModWarSound by predator kills off all the opposition. FDF sounds too basey and hollywood. Chameys just sound horrible imo, other than the great ATLauncher sounds, but all the rifles sound about 100m away when they are in your hands.

So come to the light people. Come to Modwarsound. biggrin_o.gif

Well to be honest, Chammys sound mod is theoretically better becuase of the content of the source material. Any real war sounds will add an extra inch to an already small thing. Obviously Chammy didnt record any of these original sounds... he took them from the net...Which is fine in my book.

But then his sound mod is actually technically the poorer sound mod. Anyone recording 22khz sound files which have already be recorded and recoded several times from the internet will have a cold sound. If you take a jpg with a compression of 1 and resave it as a jpg with a compression of 12. Do you think the picture will suddenly get better? It will not, and the same goes with sound files recorded from low quality sources. Like i mentioned at the top.... the content is suberb...but the quality is so bad that you can hear the noisefloor in everysingle sound which is not natural in the case of recoding something several times. I have several friends who are professional sound designers and they all say the same thing. Now if there had been a dynamic microphone recording these battles you wouldnt have the limitiations of the recording device add in its own distortion. Such is always the case when using a condensor microphone as built into all camcorders.

Thats why hollywood movies or professional games go out and record sounds so they have real control over shaping the dynamics of the sound. If your noisefloor is neutral and you final punch is normalized. you will have a impact sound which has all the frequencies for the low end and high end balanced for a stereo speaker to be at high or low volume.

to be honest all the sound mods are good compared to the default sounds... Alot of hard work to make it all happen.

A sound mod should sound good at any volume... Thats function.

Im not sure but it could be that some of the sound mods are taking sounds from other games and swapping them out. Mabey yes they do sound good, but are not really qualified as being legitamate. I for one would be very nervous distributing sound taken from other games. Imagine a addon pack using BF2 buildings and textures ... How legit would that be... and no DICE will not ever give permission to do this.

Im just really suprized at the default sounds... I honestly thought my soundcard was broken or using some wierd effect when i first installed ARMA.

ModWarSound definatly, but its not so advertised like the others i think, but for me the best, shame its not on the list.

Voted for Chammy's. smile_o.gif I dunno, but firefights in his mod just sound kickass! biggrin_o.gif

And guys remember, Chammy's-Soundmod is still in it's Beta stage. wink_o.gif

2nd Place: FDF. Many great vechile sounds, and nice artillery & tanks rounds whizzing by your head effect. The weapons aren't bad either. wink_o.gif

---------

Haven't tested the other soundmods yet.

Every mod has some downsides.

Customized soundmods are best! biggrin_o.gif

<-- Using ModWar Sound with some sounds from Chammys, FDF, RealSound and others.

Every mod has some downsides.

Customized soundmods are best! biggrin_o.gif

<-- Using ModWar Sound with some sounds from Chammys, FDF, RealSound and others.

Yeah we aint all as smart as you :P

You should release a MrBurns Mix! :P

Yeah we aint all as smart as you :P

You should release a MrBurns Mix! :P

lol, i just have too much spare time biggrin_o.gif

As for releasing: Big nono.

Too many (well 5) permissions needed, and at least FDF would´nt allow me to release it - they´re very strict when it comes to their content.

For now, there is no best SoundMod. I use FDF 1.2, still cool but could be better.

Also, none of these mods reduce vehicle sound.. that's a really pain for me, switching sound volume all time because the chopper/tank/vehicle is loud, then i am on the ground and the noise level is too low .. :/

I know, we need realism, etc.. but we need to enjoy the game first and switching volume all the times isn't something that help. (at least for me)

Thats why [...] professional games go out and record sounds so they have real control over shaping the dynamics of the sound.

So didn't BIS do this for the default sounds?

Thats why [...] professional games go out and record sounds so they have real control over shaping the dynamics of the sound.

So didn't BIS do this for the default sounds?

I don't know what are the "original" sound (i mean the real one, never heard weapons ^^' ) but.. why all these sound mods claims they got "Realism Sound" if the BIS original where so close to the real one ?

Imo the most realistic, and therefore the best one is the old good modwar by Predator...Everything else sounds too artifical to me, or at least part of it does.

Well, lot of people use chammy's soundpack, probably because of the clever video he relased, with the real distant firefight pasted in. And that's good, but I still preffer M4's from modwar, since I'm using it 90% of the time I play arma, I use modwar.

I don't know what's so special about fdf for example. I respect them for what they're doing, just like others, but Pred's modwar is simply better (imo), and that's why I'm using it.

Imo the most realistic, and therefore the best one is the old good modwar by Predator...

Very often you hear the wheeze sound in ArmA. And pred's modwar-wheeze-sound is not acceptable.

Imo the most realistic, and therefore the best one is the old good modwar by Predator...

Very often you hear the wheeze sound in ArmA. And pred's modwar-wheeze-sound is not acceptable.

Go ahead then and replace it with the very excellent sonic cracks from FDF 1.2

The world is yours wink_o.gif

I've voted for Chammy's SoundMod because in combination with MaddMatts Effects Mod, ArmA sounds and looking awesome in Firefights. notworthy.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Null vote. I don't use any sound mods right now. Sadly there's no one that feels 'complete' enough to my ears. FDF is damn close though.

Wow, I didnt know the end result of my sound mod! Well, ours, Even, Durg and ArmaVidz.

Well after looking at this I hope not to dissapoint in the upcoming Beta or Final release. I've been so bogged down in every day real life that sometimes I have no time except at night to concentrate, and even then once the day is over I just want to do some gaming and less thinking.

BPA Realistic Sound Mod is the best

Yeah, I finally got a chance to check his out , out of curiosity, its pretty good, as far as over used sound effects and Hollywood style, but still very good and loud. smile_o.gif Though, alot of his are of Ghost Recon and of the old OFP Mods, *cough* ehem *clears throat*...I still play OFP so its not that old heh. but yes BPA is worth checking out I think.

It's neither perfect, nor finished, but I like it anyway, chammy's one also has nice sounds in it btw...I think I might follow Mr Burns' advice (evil cackle).

Just out of interest, where do all these sounds come from?

Are they taken off Internet videos or can you buy CDs of

sound effects? Modders don't go out to rifle ranges with

microphones I take it.

Modwar seems nice and immersive. The explosion things are real explosivey. I like that.

I've only used Modwar and XAM 1.3 and I think XAM wins it, great rifle sounds and explosions, uh60 gun doesnt sound good though :P

Just out of interest, where do all these sounds come from?

Are they taken off Internet videos or can you buy CDs of

sound effects? Modders don't go out to rifle ranges with

microphones I take it.

I know some people are lucky to have access to military shooting ranges and probably record them from there if they can.

Used Modwar, FDF, and now Chammy's (And Durgs,Armavids,EvenLease.. anybody else? lol) Modwar and FDF were battling it out on my comp for quite a while because of their surprise and impact. They are both very well done, but not environmentally the same across the board. Chammy's is now there because the sounds are more 'open' in their feel, and very consistant in that regard. There are none, that I have found, that sound made up or from a studio.

notworthy.gif To all the mods, I couldn't do anything to this caliber. Thanks!