Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

CheatIdiots.. and BIS... Question about cheaters..

Mac address ban won't work well.You can Change/Clone Mac address's

I think you overestimate the intelligence of 99% of the hackers out there. A couple of guys make the hacks - they have the (limited) intelligence and know-how, the rest just worship those guys and use the hacks they create.

Something must be implemented to avoid that "...." to happen.

How can we have fun playing ArmA online, when scum sucking cheating groups pricks, cheaters and hackers have found their Paradise in ArmA.

I´ll stay of the online servers, as long the anti-cheat system get not reworked.

I know how bad the situation is guys, but always consider private servers. I guess being in a squads a bighelp but if you want to miss that out surely someone runs a locked server where each member must be 'evaluated' if you like before being given the pass? Just a thought.

If that is not at least partly illegal. huh.gif

I hate that pricks. crazy_o.gif

Find the hosting company that hosts their website, and report their site for violation of terms of service. Im quite sure what there site contains violates more tham one TOS from their host.

The more who report them ( in a sensable mature manor ) the more likely action will be taken.

Find the hosting company that hosts their website, and report their site for violation of terms of service. Im quite sure what there site contains violates more tham one TOS from their host.

The more who report them ( in a sensable mature manor ) the more likely action will be taken.

The host does not care.

Quote[/b] ]

In response to this, a few of the members talk about ID changing methods, how it works etc (which I won't post here, don't wanna get myself banned). They speak of a 'memory' method (constantly changing ID)...

BIS, you really need to get on the case

For instance:

Quote[/b] ]

This new CD-key system is bad. Once Call of Juarez started to require CD-keys for online play almost nobody wanted to play that game anymore. I hope this won't happen to ArmA. But if one takes the amount of advertising etc into consideration few players will learn about the game, just like with CoJ. And people won't even bother downloading the game if they know they are unable to play MP. As a result less people will play it, and buy it. Folks won't buy games they haven't tested just to play MP.

There's an idea. (Those words are from the scum sucking cheating groups site's admin himself wink_o.gif )

They cant make a constant ID changer.

Or change it all once they join the server.

scum sucking cheating groups are idiots. They are practicly Copy/Paste cheaters.

I read a forum somewhere where a guy said Norton detected a trojan in their hack. Well, Wesker came there and said its because he made the hack with this known program to make hacks with. (Pretty much does all the work for him, just plug in some info here and there.)

Which tells me, he doesnt know shiz.

....and most of their stuff is threw scripts in mods. Which can be stopped now, just by not allowing mods. But that signing tool is needed, where you can allow all kinds of public mods in which you know are clean to use.

Since I dislike playing vanilla Arma, I really want that....>!!!!!

Using them now comes with the risk of the game being ruined by these lamers.

They cant make a constant ID changer.

Or change it all once they join the server.

scum sucking cheating groups are idiots. They are practicly Copy/Paste cheaters.

I read a forum somewhere where a guy said Norton detected a trojan in their hack. Well, Wesker came there and said its because he made the hack with this known program to make hacks with. (Pretty much does all the work for him, just plug in some info here and there.)

Which tells me, he doesnt know shiz.

....and most of their stuff is threw scripts in mods. Which can be stopped now, just by not allowing mods. But that signing tool is needed, where you can allow all kinds of public mods in which you know are clean to use.

Since I dislike playing vanilla Arma, I really want that....>!!!!!

Using them now comes with the risk of the game being ruined by these lamers.

Not all of them are copy pasters. They have people there who are quite well versed in directx. Wesker i think just used that because it's easier to do. As for the scripts there are some issues with Arma itself that they are exploiting from what i know.

The signature system is worthless to be honest as it can be bypassed on scans. While they do use scripts to do most of what they are doing they are also writing their own code to do things.

Well, I dont know about them being "well versed" in directx. But they are MOST likely copy pasters as well. But have a little knowledge on how it works so they could make it work for ArmA. I highly doubt any of them wrote their directx stuff from stratch.

i dont know if my opinion counts here... but nutty_101 DEFINATLY is not bullshitting with this info.

i dont think it matter if cheat is done by some script kiddie, copier or real skilled coder ...

the problem is damage done by result ..

i dont think it matter if cheat is done by some script kiddie, copier or real skilled coder ...

the problem is damage done by result ..

And you said it all. I have seen the damage this game took from it. We went from quite a few servers running with tons of players around to almost none. I know some people say there are alot of players but in the public server area it is toast.

Who cares whether they're the 'real deal', 'l337' or whatever...

The fact that matters is that they're cheating, whether it's by using their own methods or 'copy paste'ing, it doesn't matter!

Has anyone heard any reply from BIS on this?

Why not list people's IPs in server.log? Is there IP range banning? ID range banning? Don't allow clients to execute processInitCommands or createUnit. Turn off disableUserInput for MP. These should be EASY to implement. Why hasn't this been done? Have BIS just moved on to the next game??

Haha! Nice answer.

I don't think they have really moved on. They are working on Arma but I don't know what they see the cheating portion as. Be it they are trying to fix the system itself in a way that will deny the cheaters? Quite a few people know it's broken and that the signature system has been bypassed. So they might be working on a method to resolve that problem and shoot it all out at once. The sad part is that we do not hear anything and it leaves this nasty taste in our mouth. Who knows.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Lets give Placebo time to guage what the community mood is, priortize things that can affect the mood, and present it to BIS. I am confident that he can make a difference, be it whole changes, or at least a BIS response. notworthy.gif

The problem with gauging the community mood is, if he is coming in at this time, then he is not seeing the dip in online play because of the discouraging cheating. He'll just see a low turn out & have no reference to the higher numbers we used to have when there wasn't widespread cheating. Make sense?

I just hope the cheating issue makes it to the very top of his list as it certainly doesn't seem to be up there with BIS.

Has anyone heard any reply from BIS on this?

Why not list people's IPs in server.log? Is there IP range banning? ID range banning? Don't allow clients to execute processInitCommands or createUnit. Turn off disableUserInput for MP. These should be EASY to implement. Why hasn't this been done? Have BIS just moved on to the next game??

Let's be honest, ArmA was clearly intended to be a quick moneyspinner. The unaddressed problems indicate that BIS were just looking get a 'quick buck' by releasing a game that, while on the surface was satisfactory, really hadn't moved on in terms of coding from the days of vanilla Operation Flashpoint.

I'm surprised they even read these forums anymore.

Well to be honest I have often thought the amount of cheating isnt really as high as everyone makes it out to be.

I was wrong biggrin_o.gif

I dont normally play online, the times I did I was in a clan anyway so never went on public servers. Yesterday I did, litterally within 20 seconds I was shot at. Then after about 10+ minutes the cheating started.

Something really does need to be done!

was involved in a incident today while on a server, first time i been taken out by scum sucking cheating groups they spawned a building infront of my A-10 as i was taking off. confused_o.gif must say i found it funny. never heard of these people before tho.

Some server has figured out how to ban >10 dig keys automaticly without typing everythjing into ban list.

If anyoen knows please lemme know, all the moanin is pointless and scum sucking cheating groups get a hard on for it