Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

CheatIdiots.. and BIS... Question about cheaters..

i guess there is enough scum sucking cheating groups threads ... merge and use search

The only solution is everything need to be server side script. PB or what ever never cant detect everything or is not capable to make difference beetween mods/cheats.

purpose of PB was to prevent clientside cheats, injections, manipulated process memory, drivers and DX etc.

yes it may fix some games 'faults' when not everything is checked on server but it can't be future proof

and PB can be configured enough to differ between scripts, mods and cheats or else ...

in short ... improve Your knowledge on subject before tossing out comments ...

@heatseeker: i don't think there is anyone sane around here trying to promote them. And as you know, the BIS search is not that exact.

BTW: most of the public servers open out there with more that 10 players connected have been hacked. So until someone can figure out a way of stopping all this bullshit that's going on...MP on a public server is almost impossible.

I agree entirely.

Some suggestions have been to join a clan or private locked servers....

Buy a game .....

..oh..wait, I cant play online unless I know people who play it...hmm...( join some clan )...great, now im playing with a clan...and only 3 people are on at once on a map about 10 miles wide....EXCELLENT!

Something NEEDS to be done.

Coming up with pathetic excuses wont deal with this, BI need to fix it!

btw. to stop that 'argument' play only on locked /clan server w/e

in moment You play competing game even in private / locked server You may get cheater there ...

ofc then he just stop to use 'disruptive' or 'obvious' methods

only way is

1. check all server side

2. prevent various clientside actions (defined by server config)

3. implement PB or VAC

and ... yesterday was too late

Something really needs to be done about these scum sucking cheating groups losers. Im getting tired of all these broken condom children locking up servers with disableinput and crashing them.

Seriously what kind of retard gets enjoyment out of just ruining peoples games? I can understand hacking for competitive, or to do funny things. But just ruining games?

Yes BI should immidiately develop some counter measure for the CheatPack they released now...talking about them is not promoting because everybody will know them in a week (if not just yet) or so...

If we do not get the proper measures this will totally kill the ARMA MP Community which actually makes the game great (Arma sucks as SinglePlayer).

Why don't the public server administrators do some teamwork in recovering ip-adresses of cheaters/scum sucking cheating groups'ers, and blocking them, or full ranges or subnets in firewall?

Everytime a cheater messes up the game, note the ip to a generally acclaimed website that keeps track of all the cheater ip's so other admins can add them to the firewall...

There must be some general easy and simple firewall software that can be used on nearly every platform, in a 3 second-setup?

This could seriously reduce the amount of bastards, and in case of dynamic ip... the ip-range or subnet bans will take care of that. Maybe good temporary measures until something else comes out.

And Dwarden... I think ur wrong about ur PunkBuster frenzy. PB might resolve some known hacks/cheats and protect some injections etc, but further than that it can not resolve anything as the mission scripts aswell as addon scripts out there, even with taking things in consideration, will be seriously limited compared to what's possible now. It would defeat the open purpose of the engine. I base this on my experience with the engine, not with PB.

We @ sovereign forces =SF= is testing out a new counter measure on these Tards that use or are in TCK cheats by banning the exe and scripts to never be used while connecting to Our box. only problem it wont ban the user using the program. Will keep u up to date!

And Dwarden... I think ur wrong about ur PunkBuster frenzy. PB might resolve some known hacks/cheats and protect some injections etc, but further than that it can not resolve anything as the mission scripts aswell as addon scripts out there, even with taking things in consideration, will be seriously limited compared to what's possible now. It would defeat the open purpose of the engine. I base this on my experience with the engine, not with PB.

sickboy i repeated multiple times that PB isnt there to exchange correctly written server code and server-client operations

PB primary goal was to prevent clientside manipulation with game data (memory editing, injecting, dx wrappers, driver manipulation etc)

this mainly means wallhacks, radarhacks, aimbots, ballhacks, skinhacks etc.

ofc PB is also able detect some of the data modifications or scripts running (it all depends on integration in game)

e.g. in Epic or ID games you are able 'control' clientside certain variables (e.g. weapon value about fire modes recoil values etc, you able define true or false,value number or range etc)

i would like to use something else for argument than just PB but because VAC is deployment limited and can't be configured then PB stays as only usable solution (except nothing)

i'm not trying to say PB is undefeatable or 100% working

but it will definitely drop the ammount of working public cheats to minimum instead of todays working anything anytime anywhere

his include cheat code for other games (ironically already detected and banned by PB)...

Played on the MIT server today after not playing arma for a few months due to the problem with hacks. Guess what, after about 5 mins of joining someone i blowing everything up with a hack! I honestly think it should be made illegal to hack games, i invested my money and time in this product and some twat decides he wants to ruin mine and everyone else on the servers free time with some random crap! What makes it worse is that they havent even purchased the game and are ruining my game i paid for! The thing that really annoyed me is that my text name came up with some suicide text and people thought i was the one blowing people up!!! I would really love to find out where they live... pistols.gif

BIS really need to sort something out for arma in a future patch as a testbed for arma 2 as i seriously wont buy another product from them if this is how the online game culture is!

Ha, another victim of 'identity theft'

Quote[/b] ]After selecting a player, you can hijack his global chat and say whatever you want. Whatever you type in the chat box will appear to all other players as coming from the player you have selected.

the above text was taken from a cheatscript-readme

BIS doesn't care about shit you guys, do you think they actually check these forums? They could give two shits about this community, really, have you heard one response??? I sure as hell haven't. They don't care guys. Its best to give them up for lost. Anything you want done, you gotta do yourself, or someone outside of BIS has to do it. All BIS cares about is money. Just wait for OFP2 perhaps they'll implement something to help stop hackers.

BIS caring or not. Obviously the players and their counterpart server admin owners do care. They care because this is one of the only games that provides this type of gameplay. No game that I know of can replicate this realistic experience. The mainstream gaming medium is now a face paced game of luck and reaction time. No tactical assessment required. It's up to the players to salvage what's left I guess..

But I'm currently on break from ArmA until a patch comes out that addresses 8800GTX cards and their respective drives, 4gb+ of ram, Vista, and concrete anti-cheat attempts.

It is funny that you would say that to someone, yet you continuously promote PunkBuster which has already been defeated in other games.

@ Sep. 11 2007,05:17)]

It is funny that you would say that to someone, yet you continuously promote PunkBuster which has already been defeated in other games.

PB has it's limitations...........but, other tools available thru their program (behind the scene sorta way) ..does infact offer us tools that would do a hell of alot more than whats being done NOW, that would give ALL admins private bans to add.

If we could get Omnix (a PsB admin) to include ArmA to his private AliasFinder....idiots like the KFC kiddie club, wouldn't stand a chance.

We do not allow discussions of cheats/cheating on our forums, as it leads to further awareness of "individuals" who are not worthy of anyone's interest or awareness, please forward any and all information about cheats and cheating files to Placebo@bistudio.com

There was a community created Flashpoint anti-cheat, if that is still active then that is the sole area where the topic may be discussed, but it may not be discussed in terms of naming/linking to cheats/cheaters/cheat creators or for discussing other commercially available anti-cheat programs or applications.