Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH weapons

i was talking not about size, but about proportions: magazine size to rest of gun size, barrel lenght to stock lenght and etc.

those CS models look like "perspective" view, not stricte engineering acccurate in shape and propotions

just punt under your model photo of real AK47 and you will see what parts are too small, what parts are too big, what is too short, what is too long

Sounds too complex...

Btw, I DLed a HMW pack with a new Uh1...

that German Leo1 tank is bigger than BIS M1 tank!! smile_o.gif

Sounds too complex...

Btw, I DLed a HMW pack with a new Uh1...

that German Leo1 tank is bigger than BIS M1 tank!! smile_o.gif

The Tiger is bigger than the Sherman! nener.gif

Back to the AK issue: Yeah, the mag is also too big and the barrels could be a slight tad shorter and I've got another request,

after the AR15 pack and when time is plenty smile_o.gif , why not make your guns compatible with RHS mags so that I can use your

AKS74U with RHS AK74 and let them share ammo?

In New vesion of Aks pack will be new Ak74's with my skin biggrin_o.gif

And will try some changes on that ak47 smile_o.gif

AK-74's? Sounds awesome! smile_o.gif

By the way, could you make some more AKS-74U variants? I thought a scoped version would be cool, maybe with the 'Kobra' sight, if possible.

indeed, i would love to see a more extensive AK74 pack, and AKS74-u pack. Please but please though, don't let the ironsights in the ak74 be like the BIS version, where the aiming dot is 1 pixel thick on my screen. Your AKM ironsights were quite nice compared to BIS

If i got some time i will do those optic versions of aksu and ak74 . NP with ironsights , i really don't like BIS AK74 ironsight biggrin_o.gif

Sounds too complex...

Its a good job you dont make addons then, isnt it.

I have a special wish for the AK Pack or any of the other rifle-packs you release (by the way will there be a full pack with all of your weapons soon?):

A electroless nickel plated AKMS (AKM47 with folding buttstock) inlove.gifinlove.gif

This my most favorite gun so far... images are hard to find over Internet but i have some here, although the first two are "just" AKS47 and the last a special short version:

100_0785.jpg

100_0786.jpg

AK_Pistol_Nickel.jpg

gold_nickel.jpg

Some gold one would great too...

I mean, you "just" need to reskin already available AKMS from your pack.

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Christian

mr.g-c will be a big gangsta boss in SL therefore he need weapons with shiny stylez wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

What about golden PK, golden SVD, all weapons in gold - "its only just a reskin..."

if it's possible i would like to have some weapons with blinkblinks (diamonds) maybe very usefull if you out of ammo and sun is shining smile_o.gif

Sounds too complex...

Good job?.. Why would I want to make addons?

BTW, these CS weapons RobertHammer had imported are

made by some of the best 3d artists... to say that they look wrong is... well, I don't know - a crime? smile_o.gif

It's very good that there will be a new AK-74... I am tired of those low-quality RHS weapons, the entire Russain community thinks that these weapons sould be replaced with something better, and RobertHammer is the right person to do this. Let's hope he will find enough time for this update...

mr.g-c will be a big gangsta boss in SL therefore he need weapons with shiny stylez wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

What about golden PK, golden SVD, all weapons in gold - "its only just a reskin..."

if it's possible i would like to have some weapons with blinkblinks (diamonds) maybe very usefull if you out of ammo and sun is shining smile_o.gif

ROFL.......

No really, if someone tell me how to make a reskin myself, and where to get those shine nickel and golden textures, i would make such a reskin, i have some free time wink_o.gif

Sounds too complex...

Good job?..

Yes, because Addon making is hard work, and a complex process. To give up and say "oh, its too complicated" would mean we just ended up with "kitbashing" copy/paste addons a seen elsewhere on these forums.

Why would I want to make addons?

Because it would be a far more creative outlet for your vast amounts of free time? (Clearly you must have plenty, since you seem to use most of it to troll these boards...)

BTW, these CS weapons RobertHammer had imported are made by some of the best 3d artists... to say that they look wrong is... well, I don't know - a crime?

No, its FAR from a crime. A model could be made by the best modeller on the planet, but if its incorrect, then its still incorrect.

Just because the CS modellers who made these are "some of the best" doesnt mean that they are going to get things right. As has been explained, the models dont have the right proportions, and therefore as a representation of something that exists in the real world, they are WRONG.

whatever

btw... oh, never mind. I was going to write something mean.

Time is money, got to go.

something about Counter-Strike addon makers

of course Robert will make it better , but if you say RHS are wrong, my are wrong (on site 89 of my topic i show that my addons are good)

and you say CS weapons are better :

72089637zt1.jpg

this is comparision of proportions of RH AK47 (in the background there is Romanian AKMS) but REAL AK47 and AKM keep proportions

so don't be so proud about CS artists, cause they also make errors

like STALKER creators made wrong sight and top-cover to ABAKAN and someone (site 34-35 of my topic) was suggesting me to take a look and follow STALKER model

this RH CS ABAKAN is perfect, but not AK47 about which i was writting (after rescaling of elements it can be good)

about my APS you wrote "totaly wrong model"

well page 89 show everything

sorry ROBERT for publishing this picture, but it was caused by such voices in discussion

you know that when you will rescale some elements your pack will be good smile_o.gif

whatever

btw... oh, never mind. I was going to write something mean.

Time is money, got to go.

Time is only money when you have a job and dont live in your mothers basement. Try again.

More thread related. Oh lord please dont put your CS in my arma, the last thing I need is people bunny hopping around thinking they're cool.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I got Golden and Silver ak47 skins are done by me soon with pics biggrin_o.gif

And vilas NP , u and i , we really like real things wink_o.gif

but most problematic for you will be making good russian scopes, as their (Izmash) PR is poor, when I was making OFP weapons I sent message to them for good pictures of AK receiver for textures, answer was "we don't have pictures" smile_o.gif

look at COLT website or other, they have big photos, but problematic will be making such scopes when in the internet there is lack of sources

but looking ath these Saddam AK's - they look like made by Zastava , they have Yugoslavian elements, not just reskin of Soviet/Russian AK (other handgrip)

also when you make modern Russian version , remember Izmash paint it some kind of different black paint (or such structure of metal)

they are not so polished oxydium steel like other country AK or Soviet

Sounds too complex...

Good job?.. Why would I want to make addons?

BTW, these CS weapons RobertHammer had imported are

made by some of the best 3d artists... to say that they look wrong is... well, I don't know - a crime? smile_o.gif

It's very good that there will be a new AK-74... I am tired of those low-quality RHS weapons, the entire Russain community thinks that these weapons sould be replaced with something better, and RobertHammer is the right person to do this. Let's hope he will find enough time for this update...

LOL low quality? Is that a joke, RHS's weapons are some of the most detailed weapons models I've seen. They did'nt spend years creating and tweaking it for you to say its "low quality". Granted the current ones have been imported from OFP but they still look impressive. And since when did you speak for the entire Russian ArmA/Ofp community? Keep your unhelpful comments and opinions to yourself.

this is comparision of proportions of RH AK47 (in the background there is Romanian AKMS) but REAL AK47 and AKM keep proportions

so don't be so proud about CS artists, cause they also make errors

Oh please... Not only is the scale only minimally different, you didn't even bother to measure it correctly; In fact most of the gun is perfectly in scale, try moving it to the right; Only the barrel & gas tube are 'wrong'.

That and it's incredibly hard to actually be able to use the scale tool perfectly, there's no telling how inaccurate that picture is due to your own errors...

And sometimes you need to sacrifice realism in order to make stuff look good. Most AK's made for CS have oversized barrels for example because normally an AK barrel is quite puny, and would look kind of weak ingame.

Plus they are modelled after such photos in the first place; So IF the scale is wrong, it's on purpose.

Sometimes better can be less accurate in terms of realism. In fact, in most cases it is. Most 'cs AKs' are in fact quite awesome, especially any new ones, i've never seen anybody in the Arma community to ever accomplish anything even remotely similar.

/E:

Quote[/b] ]of course Robert will make it better , but if you say RHS are wrong, my are wrong (on site 89 of my topic i show that my addons are good)

and you say CS weapons are better

I checked that thread... And from what i see(even page 89), Robert's addons are FAR more impressive regardless of the fact that they're not really 'his'. Your models might be accurate, but that's pretty much it; They don't LOOK good at all, bland and grey, that's it.

Hell, i'm not even sure(too small pics but the lighting looks very familiar) but the AK on that page looked a lot as if it had stuff from an AK *I* did several years ago...

i've never seen anybody in the Arma community to ever accomplish anything even remotely similar.

One could equally say I've never seen anyone in the CS community create vehicles, entire buildings (not just the outer shell), or such large or varied terrains as the ArmA community.

It really is apples and oranges, and trying to compare the two is a fruitless task (excuse the pun).

Edit to add:

Sometimes better can be less accurate in terms of realism. In fact, in most cases it is.

Uhhh, what? SO it would be better for me to hang a 105mm howitzer off the tail ramp of the MH-47, because it would "look more badass" even tho its not done in real life? Riiiight... crazy_o.gif

I think if you did make some weapons full scale they would glitch into the persons shoulder due to the animations - I don't like that as it looks silly, I would rather have a slightly shorter than real life model that 99% of people wouldn't notice, unless they went and measured it.

It's ArmA's fault that we have to do this though. But it's my personal prefrence on how I like the weapons to be.