Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini061708-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51183-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD299.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

It's no CTD it's an outright blue screen sad_o.gif

D:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -nosplash -maxmem=512 -mod=lowplants;@Replacements;@DMSmokeEffectsBeta4_2;@ArmAEffects;@SIX_Pack1

Quote[/b] ]Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 117

BCP1: 84C01510

BCP2: 8C40BD80

BCP3: 00000000

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_0_6001

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini061708-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51183-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD299.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

It's no CTD it's an outright blue screen sad_o.gif

Did you post the Info in the Troubleshooting thread?

Furthermore the crashes causes my game to freeze, maken my screen go black.  And haven a sound loop.

Hafto hard reboot to fix.

I have the same problem since I installed my new sound card, but I don't use this mod.

Aye great effect mod, however I am still getting insane dust from the small arms. I am currently playing the Tomb addon and 2 bullets hitting the wall from Val+Cobra Rifle causes so much dust I can see sh*t in those tomb corridors huh.gif

Can somebody tell me what to do ? Telling me what to edit would be enough notworthy.gif

EDIT: Now I have discovered that it happens wit every weapon. BIS, RHS, Vilas....

536ba99151101.gif

Yup, to much smoke imho to. The smoke looks good, but should appear in smaller amount. I have never experienced this much smoke in real life. Maybe it should disappear faster?

Hi, those big smoke clouds also obscure completly a unit at 150m

if your first bullet hit the ground in front the unit that was over his

knee; it's the only bad thing that the ArmaEffects have for me. Let's C ya

I haven't done any ArmA modding for over 2 months due to not having access to my PC. And I've been busy with other stuff recently.

Looking at it now, I agree about that smoke being overdone. I'll reduce it when I work on the mod again.

Also, the bullet impact sparks, what do you guys think about them? Should I reduce them even more or just remove them? Maybe just get rid of that centre part that looks like a flash?

I was playing online in public servers a bit recently, nice to see that this mod is pretty popular. I see a lot of people join servers with "@ArmAEffects" in their mod line and the servers I tried accepted my signature smile_o.gif

Hi Maddmatt! Is it possible to remove the impact sparks on infantry(coz it looks a bit cartoonish)? The sparks on vehicles are fine.

Hi Maddmatt! Is it possible to remove the impact sparks on infantry(coz it looks a bit cartoonish)?...

You can do that yourself by going into the video options and turning blood on, just like with vanilla ArmA.

When you turn blood off, then infantry are going to have the same impact effect as any other object or vehicle. That's just ArmA, nothing I can do about that.

Remove sparks. As ArmA does not distinguish between Wood, Concrete and Metal surfaces, it looks rather odd having trees spawn sparks when being hit. Otherwise remove the big centre spark. The other ones are not that much irritating (especially from a distance).

One other question: I have used ECS recently. There's a problem concerning fire FX on burning vehicles when using your fine mod, too. I already wondered when DM Smoke came out: isn't it possible to work together to incorporate the best FX for ArmA available? Maybe now with ECS with the optiom to turn them on and off when needed. I use all 3 mods together and they - IMO - enhance ArmA that much, as if it were a new game. But there's still some flaws of compatibility, as it seems. And I still don't like the FuelFireFX from DM nener.gif, while the rest of the mod is great and mixes very well with yours.

Hey Matt Payne can you please tell me what should I edit to lower that dust a bit ? smile_o.gif

Sparks is a bit like rain (although now the reain is superb biggrin_o.gif ).

Maybe have the sparks element as a moduled pbo /on or off like rain? I don't mind it at all, just thinking about the split down the middle on taste issue smile_o.gif

Again: question about multiple guns for AH-6, ZSU-23-4 and Camel. Could the particles position be reset same way as muzzles in SDP_Vehicles? It's a shame that it doesn't work same as bullets sad_o.gif

Eventually - is it possible to catch smoke particle to setPos it together with bullet?

sorry for hi-jacking but can somebody tell me how can I tone down that goddamn smoke ? huh.gif

At least tell me what should I edit, I will do the rest

sorry for hi-jacking but can somebody tell me how can I tone down that goddamn smoke ? huh.gif

At least tell me what should I edit, I will do the rest

If you know how to edit configs, it's "class impactcloud" or something like that.

I'll try to get a minor update out soon with the smoke reduced. I've just been busy with other things.

Quote[/b] ]Again: question about multiple guns for AH-6, ZSU-23-4 and Camel. Could the particles position be reset same way as muzzles in SDP_Vehicles? It's a shame that it doesn't work same as bullets sad_o.gif

Getting that working seems to be more work than I originally thought, that's why I haven't done it yet.

Quote[/b] ]

Eventually - is it possible to catch smoke particle to setPos it together with bullet?

Nope. You gotta put the particle in the right position in the first place tounge2.gif

Give me a week or so for the update with impact smoke reduced.

Then I can finally call this done biggrin_o.gif

I like the sparks. Especially when shooting haevy MGs on tanks etc. And you do not get sparks when hitting infantry, it is when the inf weapon is hit.

So if it is removed and can be done in sep, pbo like rain, id be happy.

Thanks for fixing the smoke thing Matt.

Regards

Alex

I agree .... I like the sparks. Remember this is a GAME after all, and a little bit of UNrealism (sparks on wood) aint gonna kill us !

Keep up the good work Matt. Your work has been on my config line almost since the start !

[TAO] Kremator

New version released

Check first post for info and download link.

New in 1.1:

*Sparks toned down again

*Modified impact effects - smoke reduced and changed blood impact again

*Missile/rocket smoke trail modified, shorter with fewer, larger particles - less performance impact now

*Some minor tweaks

Probably the last update. Hopefully there are no more real issues smile_o.gif