Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

i LOVE it! Is there a way to disable your grenade effect so I can use the DMarkwicks one? (Mixing and Matching :P)

That's insanely awesome Matt!!! Those sparks on bullet impacts are absolutely jawdropping. Can't wait to check out the rest of it.

notworthy.gif

Yeah the first thing I noticed was the sparks, really nice.

I liked the rain too, better then the previous versions rain IMO.

(After reading Maddmatts previous post, I had to edit mine to take out the muzzle smoke, I can barely see anything after firing a couple shots when zoomed down the sights.)

Awesome! The best and most realistic impact effects of HE-Ammo i have seen so far in a Game. Keep up the good work....

Suggestion: Remove smoke-tail from M136/AT4 ammo

Sparks at last! Awesome stuff.

EDIT: Idea. Your sparks are yellow and fades to orange. Great work in making it looking smooth transition in the coulor. However, have you tried testing with having the sparks white smoothed out to yellow or lighter orange? Im thinking of the sparks i see on video (might be distorted by camera ofcourse) but normally sparks are metal debris burning at very high temperatures and seems white. Im wondering if making them lighter/brighter in colour also will give more dramatic effect both when they are flying in the fire balls as a vehicle get hits (sparks and fire almost same colour so the sparks disapear a bit) and also maybe lighter colour looks more dramatic when NVGs are used?

Just an idea. Im happy as it is, just thaught it might be worth to test if its not too much work and then you see if it looks better or not.

Thanks a bunch Matt for the effects! Really appreciate the work.

Regards

Alex

I got a question. Cause I have never been to a war (of course lol xD) I don't know how it looks. Maybe someone can answer me.

Is it really possible for human eye to see bullet tracer? Or it's just a game-add?

Cause I can't see any trancers in any film.

Awesome staff))

all effect is great.... but how i can return back 0.6_version_smoke(smoe from vehicle on fire)??? (or mix old and new one)

imo there is not enough particle....

I got a question. Cause I have never been to a war (of course lol xD) I don't know how it looks. Maybe someone can answer me.

Is it really possible for human eye to see bullet tracer? Or it's just a game-add?

The whole point of having tracers is to see them. The main use of tracers is to help you direct your fire.

Often put at either each 3rd or 5th round for a machinegun, and you also use tracers at for example M136-rockets (technically a grenade), spotter rounds for the SMAW, as indicator for low ammo in rifle magazines, etc.

Other uses are incendiary tracer ammunition for the Barrett to shoot at easily flammable stuff with when using it for anti-material purposes.

Most of this isn't properly modeled in ArmA though, but just to explain how it is IRL.

Quote[/b] ]I got a question. Cause I have never been to a war (of course lol xD) I don't know how it looks. Maybe someone can answer me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvtfCoPb-M

Thank you Matt for these effects they are great, cant play arma without them. smile_o.gif

I'll improve the weapon smoke for the next version.

Still, i have played with that smoke a lot and I've never had trouble with it blocking my view, even with machine guns.

BTW i found this effect while i was practicing my dumb bomb and FFAR skills.

If you shoot the FFAR or a bomb into shallow water it creates a giant water spurt biggrin_o.gif It is so cool, it looks like it also has the sonic boom flash there too! Could you try doing that in random bomb drops or all bomb drops that would be cool!

That water effect is in stock ArmA too. For some reason it only works in shallow water.

The "sonic boom flash" is probably just supposed to be the water.

Anyway i like it, any way you could make the smoke blow when you fly through it with a helicopter and jet like in real life because of the vortex?

That's not possible in ArmA. Particles can't be affected by things like that.

Also would be good that if your in helicopter the smoke from the FFAR gets blown donwards not directly behind it

That I can do. Maybe in the next version.

i LOVE it! Is there a way to disable your grenade effect so I can use the DMarkwicks one? (Mixing and Matching :P)

Maybe. Try running his mod listed after mine in the shortcut '-mod=' parameter, or before it. Not sure which way will work here.

Suggestion: Remove smoke-tail from M136/AT4 ammo

I've had that one mentioned before. In ArmA it's set up like a rocket with thrust that lasts much longer than it should. It's a problem with the ballistics.

NonWonderDog's ballistics mod fixes that.

72 @ Mar. 22 2008,06:32)]

EDIT: Idea. Your sparks are yellow and fades to orange. Great work in making it looking smooth transition in the coulor. However, have you tried testing with having the sparks white smoothed out to yellow or lighter orange? Im thinking of the sparks i see on video (might be distorted by camera ofcourse) but normally sparks are metal debris burning at very high temperatures and seems white. Im wondering if making them lighter/brighter in colour also will give more dramatic effect both when they are flying in the fire balls as a vehicle get hits (sparks and fire almost same colour so the sparks disapear a bit) and also maybe lighter colour looks more dramatic when NVGs are used?

I haven't tried playing around with the colour, I just left it as it was. To make it lighter I will need to edit the texture. Possible but not a priority.

all effect is great.... but how i can return back 0.6_version_smoke(smoe from vehicle on fire)??? (or mix old and new one)

imo there is not enough particle....

You'll need to find it in the config.

class ObjectDestructionSmoke, ObjectDestructionSmoke2 and ObjectDestructionSmoke3.

I reduced it because IMO in the last version it looked kinda ugly and it also was a pretty major hit on performance.

Quote[/b] ]You'll need to find it in the config.

thanx for help and really great job)

mmmm.... sorry my engliz but where is this particle count in period?? (i just want add more smoke))

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

interval = {"interval", 0.400000, 0.400000};

particleFSNtieth = 8;

particleFSIndex = 0;

particleFSFrameCount = 48;

particleFSLoop = 1;

timerPeriod = 1;

Thnx for replying. But it seems like ArmA tracers looks pretty bad ;p

Options -> Turn off tracers

Vultar out. ;p

mmmm.... sorry my engliz but where is this particle count in period?? (i just want add more smoke))

The 'interval' sets how often (in seconds) particles are created. For example, 0.1 means a particle is created every 0.1 seconds (10 particles per second).

The lower the number, the more particles.

If you just want the particles from the previous version, copy the code and replace the new code with it.

Thnx for replying. But it seems like ArmA tracers looks pretty bad ;p

Options -> Turn off tracers

That's why this addon was made wink_o.gif

I've testing some dogfight with newly added plane in SP and I see your effect ( fire and smoke tail ) on shotdown plane..

Did u plan to setup to enabling this working in MP environment ?

I haven't made any changes to it so that effect still wont work properly in MP. It should be the only effect with that problem.

Did u remember my last question if u enable bot smoke from double AH6 gun smile_o.gif

I haven't done that yet. I still plan to though.

love the mod madmatt, just one thing...

might want to change the signature?

Haha thanks. I changed the date but forgot about the version number. Fixed it after I saw your post tounge2.gif

Those who didn't like the rain in the last version, check out this one because you might like it now. MadDogX did a good job improving it (he basically re-did most of it). It looks much better now smile_o.gif

And thanks for the comments. Glad you guys like it.

Thank you for answer...

If you can fix and improve some aspect this mod should be inside bis patch smile_o.gif

I really like the bullet hit on walls and land, nice improvement.

I also like the new rain, now is much much much more real.

Thank you Matt, and of course MadDogX for last relase.

Great job once again Matt...

I had this error in the rpt file..plz note i was running 1.11 with QG.

cheers...

--------------

Error in expression <", ""];

};

while {true} do

{

if (rain > 0.07) then

{

{call _droprain} forEach >

Error position: <> 0.07) then

{

{call _droprain} forEach >

Error >: Type Bool, expected Number

File MatH_Rain\rain.sqf, line 19

That's why this addon was made wink_o.gif

Omg forgot about it. Yeah those tracers are what I wanted. Great.

Thanks to you,

and to 6thSensePack team of course.

Never tried any mods since ive played ArmA and installed the @CSM sound pack and just tryed this .... WOW

Nice work Maddmatt and as far as i can tell theres no drop in fps. Love the flash when you hit them bmp / T72.

Well done keep up the good work.

Cheers pistols.gif

As usual fantastic work MM!

I do manage to see it negatively affect my FPS but that's only because these damn mods look so good that I usually end up upping all my video settings and instances that use these effects (such as tank battles, huge amounts of infantry, AT's, etc.) that my FPS cuts in half.

These mods are a double edged sword really, they look so damned good that you want to see them more, the downside is that ArmA can't handle them all at once.

Between ArmAEffects and DMSmoke Effects ArmA is starting to resemble an actual warzone.

You guys are geniuses!

BTW, thanks for the continued work MM, I'm sure I'm not alone in my appreciation.

Quote[/b] ]Great job once again Matt...

I had this error in the rpt file..plz note i was running 1.11 with QG.

cheers...

Did it prevent the rain from working or bring up a message in the game?

I can't reproduce this error. And I'm also running 1.11 with QG.

Did it only happen once? Can you reproduce it?

I have no problems while running 1.11 with QG confused_o.gif Have no clue what happened to yours maybe you have to re-download it crazy_o.gif

I too am not caring about the weapon fog (however big it is) i am not getting blinded by it only a bit of a distorted view (can't see 20/20 while firing because of the fog) but i can still see what i am shooting at. pistols.gif

This works great.

I was close to a vehicle and sprayed it with heavy gunfire from Stryker to play about ... up close the triangular ricochet sparks "seem" a bit chunky to look at.

I understand I was close and probably doing something that wouldn't happen in war ... but I just thought could the sparks be smaller in size when nearer?

Very minor point to be honest, either way .. its a real beauty!! Thanks Matt xmas_o.gif

MM -

Your addon was one of the first that I used - absulutely loved the vid you released with .4 and it would be really cool to see any other cinematic work you would wish to release with a new version... at any rate, this is once again phenominal work and I truly appreciate your efforts and unwillingness to compromise as you develop a quality product!