Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

Secondaries:

Link

Link

I once had a neat video from some military test facility where a MBT was hit by a sabot round (I think), moments later the propellant in the munitions ignited and caused some pretty cool secondaries.

Too bad I lost it. confused_o.gif

Hi! Is there the possibility to create different explo-effects for each different ingame vehicle (oops, vexata quaestio?)? Would be more realistic to see thinking about the explosion of a Ural rather than a FuelUral rather than a tank. I suppose this is possible only via dedicated scripts.

Since im using the new versions of both arma effects and Six_pack1, the most tracer are gone...

Ive putted both eventhandlers + the pbo inside the modfolder.

What should i do?

Thanks for those videos.

Still would like to see some secondary explosions from a tank.

Hi! Is there the possibility to create different explo-effects for each different ingame vehicle (oops, vexata quaestio?)? Would be more realistic to see thinking about the explosion of a Ural rather than a FuelUral rather than a tank. I suppose this is possible only via dedicated scripts.

It's possible, but there's still some multiplayer script issues that I wish someone could help me with (killed EH only local).

I do have some ideas on how to solve them though.

@mr.g-c: Get the latest version of the tracers.

I do have the latest (pack 3.0f of the six_pack1)

I do have the latest (pack 3.0f of the six_pack1)

I had the same problem. You have to install the entire SIX Pack (3.0) to fix it..

If the tracers are all you want, the only components needed are SIX_Misc and SIX_Tracers (and of course the initeventhandler addon). If that's not the case then there's a bug and i'll look into it.

@Maddmatt

Thanks, I hope you've care SP players with a separated version of your (essential) mod.

@mr.g-c

I've solved the same problem playn' around mods order: DMsmokeffects+ArmaEffects and for last (but not least) SixPack v.3.0f.

@Maddmatt

Thanks, I hope you've care SP players with a separated version of your (essential) mod.

No need for seperate versions. I just meant that the effect might not show up properly in MP. It all works fine in SP.

@mr.g-c

I've solved the same problem playn' around mods order: DMsmokeffects+ArmaEffects and for last (but not least) SixPack v.3.0f.

Ahh so the order after which mod/addon is loaded makes a difference? Good to know this....

I'll check it and change it that the SixPack will be the last Mod loaded.

Regards, Christian

Some food for thought for you two guys to improve your

excellent effects even more. smile_o.gif

The video resolution is crappy at times. So the best would be

to test the stuff yourself ingame..

It is from the WGL MOD:

Those videos showcase various effects and secondary / delayed

expansion scripts.

WGL4_Bmp_Explosion

WGL4_Shilka_AAA_Fire

WGL4_Shilka_AAA_Fire2

WGL5_Zeus_Mi-24_Downed

(without sound)

WGL5_Effects01

WGL5_Effects02

WGL5_Effects03

WGL5_Effects04

WGL5_Effects05

strela-10_effect

412_tank_expl

500_a10_mk19

500_a10_mk19_2

500_a10_rockets

You can download WGL5.1 here (OFP 1.96 required).

You might wanna have a look at the implementation in the

wglevents.rar.

Keep up the your excellent work!

I'm not sure about this but does using separate mod folders help mods work better? I dump all my addons in the main addon folder because I want to use all of them at once.

Main addons folder is forbidden mate smile_o.gif

[*] You could possibly overwrite default addons

[*] You could possibly remove default addons

[*] You have no control over which addons/mods you want to run. There are addons/mods that are not compatible with eachother, or require different versions of other addons. With mod folders you can achieve this without having to move files around

[*] You have no way to test things easily, with mod folders you can simply disable one or multiple of them to find a problem, incompatibility or simply because you dont want some addons/mods loaded for the time being.

Im sure there's more reasons biggrin_o.gif

If you don't want controlability, then at the very least create 1 modfolder, like:

@Addons\Addons, and load that one up, so you keep at least your default addons folder clean.

Cool, thanks. Don't have OFP installed anymore so can't test it myself, but maybe I'll have look at those scripts smile_o.gif

Cool, thanks. Don't have OFP installed anymore so can't test it myself, but maybe I'll have look at those scripts smile_o.gif

Yes please do so, because these effects are just great!

Anyway, the shilka bullets in Arma do not explode in air like Flak-Shells do usually, so it wouldnt be very realistic to implement these bullet explosions from the Video.

Best Regards, Christian

@Maddmatt

Glad I could help a little. smile_o.gif

Can I ask you a small favor please:

How to disable the smoke of a tow rocket from the styker for example?

Right now its very hard to guide the manual guided rocket due to the smoke.

Cheers!

Anyway, the shilka bullets in Arma do not explode in air like Flak-Shells do usually, so it wouldnt be very realistic to implement these bullet explosions from the Video.

Not for this mod of course, but might be good for a ballistics mod or something.

@Maddmatt

Glad I could help a little. smile_o.gif

Can I ask you a small favor please:

How to disable the smoke of a tow rocket from the styker for example?

Right now its very hard to guide the manual guided rocket due to the smoke.

Cheers!

I think I have already reduced it in my mod.

Look in the config for "class CloudletsMissileManual" and "class MissileManualEffects1". I don't think the first one does anything, just code from OFP. But the second one should be what you're looking for.

My mod already has tweaked some values there. I didn't remove the smoke completely though, but maybe I will for the next version.

hi madmatt, i downloaded your mod a few weeks ago and yesterday, playing with editor, i noticed the following strange bug.

I put several mines using QG mercenaries and also with arma soldier in a road, and also put an OPFOR convoy formed by 3 standar trucks. When the first truck passed over first mine it exploded (obviously tounge2.gif) but the strange thing is that no sound was played.

I also tested it with different soldiers and different ammo boxes (all from default arma, no addons) with the same result, they exploded without sound.

I do it using queens gambit and you mod, and only with ebud soldiers as addons.

Will try to make it again tomorrow, today i have to work till 11 pm smile_o.gif ................. huh.gif ................... sad_o.gif

Mines having no sound is just an ArmA bug. It doesn't have anything to do with my mod.

Community sound mods like the FDF one add sounds for the mines, look around in these forums and you will find them.

Mines having no sound is just an ArmA bug. It doesn't have anything to do with my mod.

Community sound mods like the FDF one add sounds for the mines, look around in these forums and you will find them.

oki, thx smile_o.gif