And i dont mean when it explode. I mean

when i throw it.

"When i fire single shot from any rifle, i get a big

smokecloud and the muzzle comes AT me, not

moving forward" Blinding me..

Ive been fireing several types of weapons during

my 10y of service and never experienced any

of that..

Sorry if made anyone uneasy with my previous post.

That wasnt my intention. MM if you modifie it abit

maby ill considder using it..

After watching the ArmAEffects video (using several mods at once) I am very interested in exactly which part of which mod made the AT4 properly smokeless(ish) and added the nice glowing but to it.

The BI stock AT4 has a completely fictional flight with it's RRRrrrwhoooooshhhhhhsplat launch and not the realistic pop-bang travel.

I think the default chopper dust is ok. As you say maddmatt, its very dependent of what its flying over. I dont want any desert sandclouds in a wet forrest. Arma default amount and colour makes it ok everywhere.

Yea, well I'll probably leave the dust as it is. Other things have more priority.

I don't know if is been sugested, but, how about burning corpses and injured vehicle ocupants? I don't know if that would be to hardcore, but it was moded for OFP, and it would be interesting to have that back in ArmA. The problem would be in MP where your vehicle gets damaged and you are injured, and instead of crawling away from the wrecage you die from the burns or because the guy who is using the mod can see you a mile away because of the flames and smoke, and that wouldn't be fare on people who don't use the mod. But for SP would be cool, or if the server and clients all have the mod.

That effects gameplay and MP, so I wont do that. At least not yet. Right now I just want it to be a visual mod that can be used in MP without bothering the other players.

I do remember that in the ECP mod from OFP, it was pretty cool seeing tank crewmen running around on fire. But not for this mod.

only problem for me is that the fire effect looks too cartoony...

Cartoony? The BIS one looks cartoony. Show me a pic where my fire effect looks cartoony if you can...

I know it looks a bit ugly on cars and small vehicles at a distance - which I'll try to do something about. But it doesn't look cartoony to me.

well cartoony isnt the right word. the fire just seems abit too orange crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

if possible could u do so that the vehicles dosent burn the same way, maybe add a little more variety.

i could be completely wrong, just have played that much recently. and in the next version could u add some flying depree

along with the smoke, from a blast.

Well...i cant see any reasons why this would be coused by

my PC..

Its a clean install of ArmA, no additional addons or mods.

PC specs:

P4 3.2 ghz

2Gb Ram

512 mb Geforce, settings on medium in ArmA.

Running Windows XP Home ed Sp2

Latest DX drives.

heya, just a quick question, but is the small puff after a minigun bullet hits water intentional? the splash from the bullet is fine, but there seems to be a little puff of water vapour or smoke after it? its not a big deal was just wondering if it could be removed?

bootneckofficer

After watching the ArmAEffects video (using several mods at once) I am very interested in exactly which part of which mod made the AT4 properly smokeless(ish) and added the nice glowing but to it.

The BI stock AT4 has a completely fictional flight with it's RRRrrrwhoooooshhhhhhsplat launch and not the realistic pop-bang travel.

@Frederf

NWD Realistic Ballistics (Bringin the craziness to the M136 projectile speed) and 6thSense Pack1 Tracers. If I am not mistaken NWD changes the M136 projectile to inherit its properties from a projectile, as it used to be classified as a missile BIS style. The glowing butt is a product of the 6thSense Pack1. Awesome all around.

smile_o.gif

@Fk Andersson

<s>Your executing the script SLX_FIRED??_TEST1_SQF each time you fire from your weapon. I am guessing it's something to do with the SLX Beta that is currently in development. It has it's owns tracers, effects and a host of other things. That's your problem I would think.</s> Consult Matt's post below.

@Fk Andersson:I know what the problem is. You must have installed those example addons that came with the extended init eventhandler addon. You are not suppose to, those are just examples for modders to show them how to use the addon. Remove them, the only *.pbo files you need in the addon folder are these:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Matt_ArmAEffects.pbo

Extended_Init_EventHandlers.pbo

Extended_Fired_EventHandlers.pbo

Get rid of the others.

NWD ballistics correct the AT4, by making it only propelled at the start instead of acting like a rocket it no longer leaves that unrealistic smoke trail.

The "glowing butt" is actually the 6thsense.eu tracers being applied to it, but I don't think it's intentional.

I see ArmaVidz also answered that.

well cartoony isnt the right word. the fire just seems abit too orange crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

if possible could u do so that the vehicles dosent burn the same way, maybe add a little more variety.

i could be completely wrong, just have played that much recently. and in the next version could u add some flying depree

along with the smoke, from a blast.

The texture for the fire particle is by DMarkwick, I don't do textures. Looking at the texture file it looks pretty real to me, so I'm not going to change it unless he makes a new fire particle.

I do have another fire texture that bdfy sent me though, I'll test it out sometime but I think I'm going to have to edit the texture file first so that ArmA can animate it properly.

As for variety, I would need to completely replace it with a scripted version. Maybe sometime in the future.

heya, just a quick question, but is the small puff after a minigun bullet hits water intentional? the splash from the bullet is fine, but there seems to be a little puff of water vapour or smoke after it? its not a big deal was just wondering if it could be removed?

bootneckofficer

I'll look into it. Just never payed much attention to it because you hardly see the water effects in ArmA.

the only *.pbo files you need in the addon folder are these:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Matt_ArmAEffects.pbo

Get rid of the others.

MaddMatt, just to be clear on this, do the extended init handler PBOs and the compliand addon PBOs need to be in the same addons folder? Or can the event handler PBOs live in the main Addons folder while all the compliant addons live in seperate @Mod\Addons folders?

the only *.pbo files you need in the addon folder are these:

Get rid of the others.

MaddMatt, just to be clear on this, do the extended init handler PBOs and the compliand addon PBOs need to be in the same addons folder? Or can the event handler PBOs live in the main Addons folder while all the compliant addons live in seperate @Mod\Addons folders?

Shouldn't matter. As long as ArmA loads them it should be fine.

What about secondry explosions? Extra fire-balls?

Just like from ECP, I loved that effect, tank goes up in flames then a few bangs and a big bang followed by a fire-ball.

Any chance of having this included on heavy tanks due to ammo exploding?

I think the cobra gunfire hits should be revised. they currently look like regular bullets hitting the ground. it should not be.

heres a vid for reference

Cobra Gunn

What about secondry explosions? Extra fire-balls?

Just like from ECP, I loved that effect, tank goes up in flames then a few bangs and a big bang followed by a fire-ball.

Any chance of having this included on heavy tanks due to ammo exploding?

Possible. Anyone got some good videos showing secondary explosions?

If they cause damage though, it's gonna effect gameplay confused_o.gif

I think the cobra gunfire hits should be revised. they currently look like regular bullets hitting the ground. it should not be.

Can't see what's firing in the video, which burst of fire is from the M197 on the Cobra? Is it explosive?

I want to improve that. Right now it's a placeholder.

I saw another video showing it fire, but the ammo didn't appear explosive. It was through FLIR sights though.

It would be more realistic to give the Cobra He rounds and make the impacts much like grenades in ArmA, If I remember rightly they have an effective killing range of 10metres or So.

Quote[/b] ]That would be additional ammo exploding...Doesent happen

every time..Sometimes yes but not allways..

Would be cool though..

Yeah as in the ECP effects it should be random

Quote[/b] ]Possible. Anyone got some good videos showing secondary explosions?

If they cause damage though, it's gonna effect gameplay

I'll have a look for some videos.

True unless in the addon you create a non dammageable explosion in the config?

Great mod Matt! The explosions and fire look waaaay better than the default in the latest version. One thing: is there a way to make the new aircraft fire trails work for mp when the host isn't using the mod, everything else works other than that?

As for secondary explosions they usually only happen on large objects like ships or ammo dumps where all the munition won't explode at once. They can happen on vehicles where the initial impact doesn't set off the ammo and the vehicle catches fire which sets it off after a delay.

Best way I could think of implementing it is: add random smaller explosion effects after a random delay but make it only happen very rarely as every vehicle in ARMA explodes violently when destroyed as if all the ammo is destroyed at once.

It would be more realistic to give the Cobra He rounds and make the impacts much like grenades in ArmA, If I remember rightly they have an effective killing range of 10metres or So.

Though you'd have to remmeber that they are rounds hitting the ground at a high velocity rate, explosion will be differnt looking, though, you wont need to go through that much detail, but they are like small quick explosions. BUT, nothing like the party streamers from the large ones. They don't make much noise either, not like the HE rounds from Vulcan or MK19.

Hey MaddMatt, were you considering changing the speed in which the AT4 back blast makes the dust cloud? From watchign videos of the actual occurance, the blast is about the same speed as the project tile but slows after about 20' and spreads out. It'd be nice to see both back blast and blast from the front when firing,. that would show the force of teh weapon, and will add to an instant "sshaawing"!

Changing properties of ammo that affects gameplay is better left to a mod like NWDs ballistics mod IMO. The Cobra rounds in ArmA have no area damage, so for me to make them look explosive when they are not seems a bit weird to me.

I'll have a look for some videos.

True unless in the addon you create a non dammageable explosion in the config?

Thanks. Of course I can make an explosion that does not do damage. So long as it isn't big otherwise it's gonna look weird to see someone stand near it without getting hurt.

I'll consider some random secondary explosions.

One thing: is there a way to make the new aircraft fire trails work for mp when the host isn't using the mod, everything else works other than that?

I wasn't even sure how it worked in MP. It should depend on the destroyed aircraft being local. A server having this addon shouldn't make any difference since it only has client-side effects. So if you were flying the plane when it got destroyed, then you would see the effect. Or if you were host and it was local (not under the control of another players PC).

Anyone got a good idea on how I can get this effect working properly in MP without causing problems with other players who don't have it? Killed eventhandlers are local, that is the problem here sad_o.gif

And adding secondary explosions will have this same MP issue. I'm probably gonna need some help to get that sorted.

Edit:

Hey MaddMatt, were you considering changing the speed in which the AT4 back blast makes the dust cloud? From watchign videos of the actual occurance, the blast is about the same speed as the project tile but slows after about 20' and spreads out. It'd be nice to see both back blast and blast from the front when firing,. that would show the force of teh weapon, and will add to an instant "sshaawing"!

I'll keep tweaking all the effects as best I can. Already got a couple changes to the AT effect, but it probably still needs some work.

in the begging 20 seconds of this video you can see the cobra gun fire.

they sorta look like quick flashes then smoke.