Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

Dawn of the Yomies

Alright, calm down. When 5133p39 posts back I'm sure he'll address your problem. We've all got something we want fixed or told how to do with this addon, but its not going to happen overnight. Just wait until he posts back.

If my memory servers me correctly, AI was disabled in my sample mission. So your either playing it single player, which I haven't a clue about, or you have EDITED it in some way and so you may have unintentionally altered some of the scripts.

I'm playing it on singleplayer and I did NOT edit it, is playing it on singleplayer a problem?

I'm not sure, I think he mentioned that you can play it on single player, but its slightly different. I'll let 5133p39 answer that question.

The zombies themselves work fine with me, its all the other scripts I can't get working, the bodies that should disappear, and the zombies that should disappear when out of view distance. I'm hoping the 0.3 release will fix alot wink_o.gif

We had trouble using template on dedicated (1.08), zombies spawned, there was NO lag (12+ players) but they didn't attack us when we entered the village biggrin_o.gif

We tried using sample mission and there the zombies attacked us, but one error still popped up.

Missions work on non-dedicated server.

same happened on my LAN game with 2 people.

I am really sorry for all your problems.

Please, be patient, i just got back from the vacation, and i have some work to do first.

Also, i am moving to another country, which makes all things even more complicated.

I will answer all your questions later today (about 22h) along with posting new version of the template.

...until then, read all the replies - some questions were already answered (like the Q why zombies won't attack, etc.). Also, try to aply the temporary bugfixes i mentioned.

Excuse my stupidity, but I've just gotten the game, and now I've been told that farmland mod won't work with gamespy because Gamespy dosen't support mods.

Well, I've been trying to make zombies for a LONG time now, with the standstrokefist thing, just because I didn't know any other way, but this seems to be the answer.

If I download this, and make zombie missions, I'm sorry, Yombie* missions using it, will I be able to host parties in Gamespy and invite friends who have the addon downloaded to play?

Thanks.

Well ehm, I'm having a bit of trouble already.

I downloaded the three things from the website listed on the first page (Template, sample, addon), unzipped them, and put the addon in my codemasters/ofp/addons list, the sample in codemasters/ofp/missions, and the template in codemasters/ofp/templates, and when I go to start up the game via gamespy to single player, it gives me an error.

Can anyone tell me how to properly install it?

I don't need for anyone to tell me why the sample mission isn't working anoymore because they seem to work just fine on the template. But I do have a question how do I move the template from ramhadi to sahrani.

I don't need for anyone to tell me why the sample mission isn't working anoymore because they seem to work just fine on the template. But I do have a question how do I move the template from ramhadi to sahrani.

Highlight, copy, and paste the objects into a Sahrani map.

Then.

Take the script folder from the sample template and put it in your new mission.

Any news on the update? Or at least a body removal script that removes the bodies after a few seconds?

I too am interested in any news of this update? also, can anyone tell me how to spawn the zombies with their search and attack scripts without using the markers? ie. the createunit command? i have the classnames, and can spawn the zombies. they just stand there though.

You might have to initiate the FSM files with each zombie, but if that doesn't work, I don't think it can be done. The zombies have to be linked to a spawn area, so some scripts may not work correctly if they are spawned without an area to 'patrol' or something like that confused_o.gif

There is an update coming soon. Some Visual stuff, new faces and sounds. whistle.gif

You might have to initiate the FSM files with each zombie, but if that doesn't work, I don't think it can be done. The zombies have to be linked to a spawn area, so some scripts may not work correctly if they are spawned without an area to 'patrol' or something like that confused_o.gif

Hmmm thanks for the reply.. Is there any way i could have them Always know where the player is maybe? and constantly run towards him?

hmmmmmmm. I am making a larger mission and i need the players to have the zombies always coming to them. I know that CZM does that, but those zombies lag a lot. these ones are very nice in which they don't lag.

*Edit

Also, how would i add eventhandlers to the zombies? or execute a script on them when they are killed? trying to add cash to the player when he kills zombies. And if i remember correctly... killed eventhandlers don't work in mp? if that is the case, then i just need to know how to execute a simple script, i'll add cash to the whole team when a zombie is killed.

Thanks.

Sorry, I can't help you with any of that confused_o.gif

I guess we'll just have to wait now huh.gif

Noob question... Is it possible to add zombie background sounds? whistle.gif

Also the basic template isn't working for me but your mission is..

Was there a fix for the multiplayer yomies not attacking yet. I have looked all over the thread but have not seen the fix.

Has anyone heard anything from the creator? in his last post he said something about moving to another country and such. I really hope that he is alright and will be able to continue work on this great mod. I am currently putting a series of coop missions on hold due to the yomies not working in mp, or so im told. Also i have needed to spawn them without just simply the markers.

I am currently putting a series of coop missions on hold  due to the yomies not working in mp, or so im told. Also i have needed to spawn them without just simply the markers.

Yomies work in MP fine. You just need the description.ext from his sample mission in your mission. (It has certain parameters needed.)

And why would you need to spawn them without the markers? Perhaps you could use the NEM or NEM_LOW zombies for that?

I need them to spawn from specific places. With the markers, they are random. If i were to use a very small marker, then the yomie would not spawn due to them not spawning in front of the player. I just have a few things keeping me from my missions

-Needing to have a way to make the yomies ALWAYS know where the players are in the mission

-Spawning them from specific areas

IS there really nobody that knows how to spawn the yomies from personal triggers? I REALLY need to do this for my mission. =[

I've tried myself, by executing the yomie_Spawn.sqf on the units when they are spawned.. but to no luck. help.gif

Sorry man. I also need help, his body removal script doesn't work, so I've tried, to no avail, to implement another. But the Yomies are in a different 'class' as other troops, so it makes the script I have useless. Its not a major thing, but with that, small scale zombie missions would be something I could do while we wait for this guy to get back to us. Its a simple defend mission, but near the end, there are so many bodies, that the whole server runs on a slideshow.

The major thing that is wrong though, is the fact that the zombie don't disappear when out of sight, which makes any mission bigger than one town, impossible.

just a quick note to every angry people out there smile_o.gif

I am still around, but i have absolutely no time to work on the Yomies, or answer your questions, sorry for that.

I will try to publish new version of the template and addon, but my day is filled with various tasks until 22h, and i haven't slept for almost two days already, so i really do not want to promise anything, but i will do my best to stop by tonight and answer some of your questions.

btw. because of my relocation, i don't think i will have the resources to work on the Yomies as i intended to.

So if anyone is up to the task, i will be only happy to explain everything whenever i can.

But before i leave, i will surely release a new version, i am just not sure exactly when.