Sign in to follow this  
Benoist

There is a program which "virtualise" your face?

I love the custom faces, but i want my face and i don't want to be moding a old face to make it like my own, so i ask: Is there a program which take a real photo of you, texturice it and the voila, you have your custom face!

Sorry my english, i'm hurry.

I've seen something before that does it. However, it was a LONG LONG time ago, and I don't have a clue of the name or how it works or anything. However, XBOX does it with the XBOX Live Vision Cam and Rainbow 6: Las Vegas.

I remember having a demo version of such a program, a long long time ago. You needed a photo of your face from the front and one from the side. Then you had to set points on it (nose tip, ears etc.) from both angles. Once you were finished it would somehow calculate the actual form of your head. If you got it right, the model it generated would be scarily realistic.

I wish I still had that program. I would even pay money for it. Time for an extensive search.

hmmm.. Interesting...

I'll give this a shot..

smile_o.gif

Poser has a "face room" similar to facegen modeler.

e-frontier put Poser 5 as a free download for a limited period of time last year, that's how I got it (legal + free !!!wink_o.gif. If you know someone who got it that way...

BUT the topology isn't really suitable for games (too heavy). You will need to redo the topology by hand (a bit tedious) or have a software like zbrush 3 or Silo.

@ July 05 2007,10:11)]here's another image based moddeler:

http://www.realviz.com/image_based_modeling.htm

Thats good software but $800 might be a bit steep for just creating faces wink_o.gif

And of course you only need to create a map not the geometry to use in ARMA.

All you need is camera and photoshop.

Or, like, you know, you could just use paintshop/photoshop and save it off as a jpg... icon_rolleyes.gif

It would be very nice if someone made a "how to" article on this subject!

It´s a little hard, but i can create one with the FaceGen.

It's no very dificult.

1)You take 1 photo of you face (front), you can also take two more (the other two sides) to use, you haven't to do it.

2)Then you start the FaceGen an select the upper right tab (PhotoFit).

3)You read the tutorian there and click "Next".

There are 3 spaces where yo upload you photos. I think that you will know the order.

4)After upload the 3 photos you can click "Next"

Your photo will apear and you will be able to move some markers to the right zone (like in the right picture).

5)You put the green markes and then you click in "Next" where is going to apear the same photo but with a little zoom where you are going to be able to do the little details.

6)You do the same in the other two photos (if you put them)

After Finishing the 1 (or 3) photos you click in "Next"

7)Read what it said and clic in "Start Now"

8)you wait until the photo finish

NOTE: if you leave alone the PC it will finish until 5 or 8 minutes ( you play arma, so i assume that you have a good of very good PC), but if you play around it will be a 15minutes agony.

Ok, that is to create you virtual face, to make ir "splash" like the ArmA faces you have to go to (i recomend to save first and make the little details with the program) you chose: File, Export, and almost any format "splash" you face, so you can choose anyone you want and you save the picture.

You go to the place where you save it and you will see like 5 or 6 archives, you are going to use (for ArmA) only the one which says "...skin...".

There you open it, you laught yourself and you pass it to the ArmA's faces stiles like you can.

I only have paint here and is a paaaaaaaaain, i need photoshop goddamn!

My English sucks...

Well, changing of subjet here you can see a real photo, the virtual one, and the "splashed" one.

Real* (my face ^^):

frentefs7.th.jpg

The virtual one:

micaritash3.th.jpg

And the splashed:

mauropielxz5.th.jpg

It's look very real, don't you think? wink_o.gif

*Yes i know, i have a strange thing in my right maxilar, i think it's an Alien confused_o.gif

I only have paint here and is a paaaaaaaaain, i need photoshop goddamn!

try gimp, should be good, free.

Does any one know what directory the original ArmA faces are in and what .PBO file they are in?

Benoist It would be nice if you also showed a picture in game to see the actual results.

I wish some technology expert would make a easy to use web based wire frame model that we could wrap our face.jpg around.

Just think about it, in one window you see your face.jpg on the wire frame, and in your picture editor you make your changes and click save, refresh and vollia - you see your changes.

help.gif