Sign in to follow this  
lennard

M107 Replacement

Hi,

I had some requests about my M107 so I released it. I think it's quit nice for a first addon. It replaces the original skin with my reskinned ones.

LINK HERE

Lennard.

Hi, don't you have any screenshot of what could i download, if i hit

in that link?. Let's C ya

Thanks Lennard, very cool stuff mate! biggrin_o.gif

Wip - here's that pic from the Screenshot thread wink_o.gif

Sniper1-1.jpg

looks great... that other rifle in the screenshot, where is that from?

Thats a M21 from the 6thSense mod. It's a really nice rifle.

Lennard.

Yeah, simple, yet very attractive biggrin_o.gif

Desert versions of the M4-rifles would be nice *hint hint*

Yes I know I'm working on one at the moment but it's much harder then a M107 cause that had bigger surfaces.

Lennard.

Thanks Lennard - thanks for looking into the M4s mate - good luck with the project! biggrin_o.gif

nice addon, i never fully understood this rifle tho, is it just a really powerfull sniper rifle or one of these special ones that can do dammage to tanks? just the "anti material" thing confused me a little.

it´s a heavy sniper rifle used to destroy soft vehicles and weapons crate and stuff like that...

not a tank though...

but maybe a APC if lucky..

Great addon sniper rifles are a bit unrealistic in the field with no cammo. Just need one of those sniper suites now.

http://armed-assault.net/ is a good place to post addons  for dowload seems all the best ones  apear  there.

50 caliber sniper rifles are designed to damage aircraft in enemy airports they can put holes through thin armour like on BMP, M113, any apc side rear and top armour if you get a lucky hit on an apc on its ammo storage the apc's own ammo will blow it up . But don't think any of this is simulated in Arma.

50 cal rifle or MG bullets should put a hole through 1 inch of steel at football pitch range. Most Apc's are only capable of stopping rifle bullets and stoping Nato 7.62 rounds with it's front armour.

In other words  its  the beast of sniper rifles. Used on infantry  at times as it's  got such a good range and still leathal and accurate  upto 1.8k. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM107/M107_Barrett_rifle

Makers info http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

Caliber: 12.7 mm (0.50 in)

Total weight (unloaded): 12.9 kg (28.5 lb)

Magazine capacity: 10 rounds

Weight of magazine: 1.87 kg (4.12 lb)

Length: 1,448 mm (57 in)

Barrel length: 737 mm (29 in)

Muzzle velocity: 853 m/s (2,800 fps)

Maximum Range: 6,812 m (7,450 yd)

Maximum Effective Range: 1,829 m (2,000 yd)[3]

50 caliber sniper rifles are designed to damage aircraft in enemy airports they can put holes through thin armour like on BMP, M113,  any apc  side rear and top armour if you  get a lucky hit on an apc  on its  ammo storage the apc's own ammo will blow it up . But don't think  any of this is simulated in Arma.

50 cal rifle or MG bullets should put a hole through 1 inch of  steel at football pitch range. Most Apc's are only capable of stopping rifle bullets and stoping Nato 7.62 rounds with it's front armour.

The British Army purchase them for mine disposal. During the first Gulf War they were highly effective at destroying certain mines and unexploded Cluster Bombs.

The decent range the rifle offered gave the Engineers a rather nice safety margin.

Nice work..

downloading.. smile_o.gif

Hi all,

made some progress on the m4's. I don't think they're good. Because most of the details are gone in first person but when you look third person they're still there. Does anybody know how to prevent that?

M4aimcopy.jpg

Lennard.

I don't really know : / but you've made a good start, I'd say you should try to make the edges on the "desert paint" abit more... realistic, somehow, they look to round, and sharp.

@ Mcnools

Yes sir, I will see what I can do! Everyone thanks for your comments and tips!

Lennard.

made some progress on the m4's. I don't think they're good. Because most of the details are gone in first person but when you look third person they're still there. Does anybody know how to prevent that?

Adding a propper cfgtexturetomaterial and cfgmaterials.

If you can find the BIS normal maps and specular maps (if there are any specular maps, they not allways make ones) - then use these. If not - well... extract them with 3DRipper or make your own.