Sign in to follow this  
Gigan

SCUD - Nuclear Explosion

Any news about MP and different warheads smile_o.gif

Thank God someone decided to remind him to post the info on all the updates he has done since his last post in August. I bet he forgot. wink_o.gif

Any news about MP and different warheads smile_o.gif

Thank God someone decided to remind him to post the info on all the updates he has done since his last post in August. I bet he forgot. wink_o.gif

good point.......

has anybody else tried to mod the warheads for the scud?

If someone misses falling trees and walls, place an object called "jebut" near the explosion point and fire this script 1 second before the nuke explosion:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_array1 = (nearestObjects [jebut,[], 350]) - ((getPos jebut) nearObjects 350)

~1.5

{_x setdammage (1.0)} forEach _array1

exit

That 1s delay is for preparing array. If it happened at the same time as the nuke goes boom, there would be an extreme fps dropdown. Right now I have about 0.4s slowdown before the nuke and then it all goes rather smooth.

Add deletevehicle _x under some circumstances to it after some time and save CPU power!

Do anybody know how to access map details (walls, trees, rubbish etc.) via object seeking?

Like in my post above, it selects map objects without ClassNames like trees, etc.

So maybe code like this one will do it's best?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_v200 = (nearestObjects [jebut,[], 200]) - ((getPos jebut) nearObjects 200)

~0.5

{deletevehicle _x} forEach _v200

~0.5

_d350 = (nearestObjects [jebut,[], 350]) - ((getPos jebut) nearObjects 350)

~0.5

{_x setdammage (1.0)} forEach _d350

exit

...rewritten to SQF and precompiled while SCUD is loaded. I'll check it out soon.

EDIT: I'm blind. Pls forget about it...

Hello,

Updated SCUD Launcher version 1.25.

scud_01-large.jpg

scud125_01

scud_02-small.jpgscud_03-small.jpgscud_04-small.jpgscud_05-small.jpg

scud125_02        scud125_03        scud125_04        scud125_05  

What's New

- Reformed 3D model.

New SCUD model by Vilas.

- Added launch operation call to AI.

- Removed radioactivity screen effect.

- Added different explosion method that trees and walls collapse. (same ver1.0 method)

Can use method from fall2.sqs, exp2.sqs.

- Corrected Thing, StaticWeapon, Ship objects not damaged.

- Corrected target map marker display bug.

- Corrected bullet doesn't penetrate through window.

Download (5.9MB)

Mirror Download Armaholic

Mirror Download ArmedAssault.info

Mirror Download ePrison.de

Mirror Download BIS.4Players

If you are using Extended eventhandlers, please download and replace. XEH compatible

Please refer to Readme.txt for more information.

Have fun. smile_o.gif

now finding the way to let the AI use the nukes on a timer just like it could in good old ofp

(i am a scripting retard so its a no go for me tounge2.gif )

@Big

@ofpdeadeye

@Stavanger

Thank you for mirroring. smile_o.gif

@supergruntsb78

A explosion can be caused by following descriptions.

[X-Pos, Y-Pos] exec "\GIG_Scud\fall.sqs" or

[X-Pos, Y-Pos] exec "\GIG_Scud\fall2.sqs" or

[X-Pos, Y-Pos] exec "\GIG_Scud\exp.sqs" or

[X-Pos, Y-Pos] exec "\GIG_Scud\exp2.sqs"

I think that it can achieve it if the timer processing is described and it combines with the explosion.

For instance,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_timecnt = 60

#loop

hint format["The remainder is %1 seconds", _timecnt]

_timecnt = _timecnt - 1

?(_timecnt == 0) : [getPos _target select 0, getPos _target select 1] exec "\GIG_Scud\exp.sqs"

~1.0

goto "loop"

Any luck on making the different types of warhead?....IE high explosive, chemical, and bio?

Indeed! we really, really, really need different warheads for this model and it needs to be MP capable. Its a fab addon, and I would love to make some missions with this for my crew.

@Big

@ofpdeadeye

@Stavanger

Thank you for mirroring. smile_o.gif

@supergruntsb78

A explosion can be caused by following descriptions.

[X-Pos, Y-Pos] exec "\GIG_Scud\fall.sqs" or

[X-Pos, Y-Pos] exec "\GIG_Scud\fall2.sqs" or

[X-Pos, Y-Pos] exec "\GIG_Scud\exp.sqs" or

[X-Pos, Y-Pos] exec "\GIG_Scud\exp2.sqs"

I think that it can achieve it if the timer processing is described and it combines with the explosion.

For instance,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_timecnt = 60

#loop

hint format["The remainder is %1 seconds", _timecnt]

_timecnt = _timecnt - 1

?(_timecnt == 0) : [getPos _target select 0, getPos _target select 1] exec "\GIG_Scud\exp.sqs"

~1.0

goto "loop"

offcourse i will try it but what i realy ment was in ofp the scud (addon not official) could be fired by the AI wich targeted a marker defined in the launch trigger

@Imutep

Thanks for mirroring. smile_o.gif

@supergruntsb78

I do not understand the meaning that you say well.

After ordering AI to make the target watch in the radio command by player, do you want to launch it?

@Landdon

Though it might be impossible, I will try so that Scud may operate completely by MP in the future.

Excuse me if this has already been asked but the Visual Effects of the Bomb Explosion in MP are not visable to all clients on Dedicated Server? What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Vengeance

Hi, a Scud launcher painted in RACS camo will be very handy and

also will expand the possible missions range that could be made

for use this addon, it'll also fit well into Opteryx's Avgani... so we'll

more (or better) reasons to send the Jonn's SF's units into the

town to enlight the Scuds and don't risk the (suposed) local population's

life launching a mayor attack or just sending standard units that may

get late to the targets before that they launch the missiles. But

anyways... very pimp addon, i hope that it be MP compatible soon.

Let's C ya

@supergruntsb78

After ordering AI to make the target watch in the radio command by player, do you want to launch it?

in ofp we also had a scud wich could be fired by the AI just the same way as the player firing but the marker was supposed to be set

so all that was realy needed was a trigger whom contained a small piece of code

something like <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> scud [60,markername,exec scriptname.sqs]

scud was the unitname 60 was something about the time the scud whould launch markername was the targets marker

everything could be desired by the player to his wishes by only putting in the code in the trigger

the AI would launch the scud after the disired time on to the target yuou could watch the launch being done from the beginning till the end and then watch the nuke destroy a target area

@vengeance1

As for present Scud, visual effect doesn't operate normally on MP. It might not be able to be operated normally only by Mission Editing.

I will add the correction to Scud so that it may operate normally.

I began working for Ver1.25 two weeks ago, though I required one year for the release of Ver1.25. My addon editing knowledge is the same as one year ago. To test many times, I am preparing ArmA for second PC. smile_o.gif

@wipman

RACS Scud is very interesting. I will work on it as long as working hours permits. Of course, the most immediate priority is assumed to be MP compatible.

@supergruntsb78

@supergruntsb78

in ofp we also had a scud wich could be fired by the AI just the same way as the player firing but the marker was supposed to be set

so all that was realy needed was a trigger whom contained a small piece of code

something like <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> scud [60,markername,exec scriptname.sqs]

scud was the unitname 60 was something about the time the scud whould launch markername was the targets marker

everything could be desired by the player to his wishes by only putting in the code in the trigger

the AI would launch the scud after the disired time on to the target  yuou could watch the launch being done from the beginning till the end and then watch the nuke destroy a target area

Cannot you hope about following description?

ailaunch.sqs

-------------------------------------------------------------------

_scud = _this select 0

_waittime = _this select 1

_target = _this select 2

~(_waittime)

[_scud] exec "\GIG_Scud\stand.sqs"

~15

[_scud] exec "\GIG_Scud\launch.sqs"

~10

[getpos _target select 0, getpos _target select 1] exec "\GIG_Scud\fall.sqs"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

in trigger description

[scud1, 60, targetmarker1] exec "ailaunch.sqs"

Is it possible to make a non-nuclear scud, maybe with cooperation of "deadly gas" script makers? It would fit well into MP missions. We don't use it in our MP session because of that "everyone-can-fire-a-nuke-but-only-one-local-client-sees-it".

My present work is all clients make it see the mushroom cloud on MP. I will refer to it if the "deadly gas" script often works on MP.

Moreover, it is also possible to add a new warhead to Scud if the author's permission is obtained.

I will try the "deadly gas" script for the time being.