Sign in to follow this  
Gigan

SCUD - Nuclear Explosion

I had forgotten. tounge2.gif  It is an addition as follows.

*)Surrounding environmental impact by radioactivity

Remaining of fixed time of break in the weather, acid rain, and radioactivity.

Thanks HulkingUnicorn, that's exactly what I needed.  I tried a variation of that found earlier in these posts that just didn't work.

Scrub-- Twilight 2000!  Now there's a blast from the past (pun intended.)

hehe

There's a been a slowly evolving discussion reminicent of the Ol' Twilight 2000

here

Post apoclyptic thread

I'd be particularly interested in hearing views from those familiar with the game.

Back to topic,

good work Gigan. I look forward to the next version and hope you get the frame rate issue solved. thumbs-up.gif

What about adding an EMP? I think the version from OFP had one. Also, if you were looking at the blast, it would be so bright you would be blinded depending on how close you were. What about ground shake? Is that possible to add?

Also what we should focus now on, is to get the explosion effects synced over the net on all other clients....

Right now only the guy that lauches the missile sees it traveling and exploding (mushroom and flash).. all other clients just get updated some moments later in terms of damage information done to the map's units, trees and buildings by the bomb....

ok, so im having problems.....

i installed it to my addons folder like all the other addons iv successfully installed and used. but it doesnt find it in my editor. its under opfor supposedly, but i dont see anything from there, i looked under support, cars, armored, dont see any new group in the editor.......is there an addon im missing? does it require the latest version? I cant install the latest version. any help?huh.gif?? banghead.gif

Does it give you an error message on startup (GIG_Scud requires version 1.08 or something like that)? If it does, then it'll require the latest version. Otherwise: check out the addons folder, you sure you didn't accidentally unzip it inside its folder (so it's /addons/GigScud/gig_scud.pbo). I do that all the time banghead.gif

Finally, in the editor it'll be under OPFOR under its own heading (which, unsurprisingly, is named something like GIG_Scud ^^)

Good luck!

Regards,

Wolfrug

well thats just it,

I try installing the 1.08 patch, and then when i play the game there is no detail on the ground, soldiers, vehicles etc. I think im installing the right patch, and i move all the new addons to the side so they dont interfere with the patch. Long story short, cant install the patch without problems. But i still get an error with another addon that needs 1.08 "m4_custom".

then i gotta instal ARMA all over again. So im kinda at a loss.

any suggestions? huh.gif

lifeguard, what version are you installing from?

ie 1.04?, or you may need to reinstall the 1.05 patch first.

Though it should detect your version first, a corruption or file change may sneek through..

Probably best to reinstall the lot.

lifeguard I think it would be best if you ask this question at the troubleshooting section found here,

troubleshooting thread

Its not polite to hijack other threads with unrelated stuff.

Having said that is there any updates on the nuke on teh way?

@lifeguard532

If you can't upgrade to ArmA1.08 and you hope using SCUD in ArmA1.06, please try repack it after unpack GIG_Scud.pbo, and changing requiredVersion in config.cpp to 1.06.

in config.cpp

requiredVersion=1.08;

to

requiredVersion=1.06;

About SCUD improvement work,

I am trying to look for the method of synchronizing mushroom smoke with all clients on MP.

At present, it doesn't succeed though the test is being done in some measure by the cooperator on MP.

by far I am not a big mission maker

but to have stuff occur on all clients...

I do know that there must be a marker called Server or somesuch

and that the script has to detect whether it is being run on a client machine or the server....

if and only if it is running on the server will the effects be transmitted to all clients connected to the same server

sorry... clarification

not a Marker named server

a GameLogic named Server

you might want to investigate this a bit further

maybe even see what BAS_f is doing.... include your SCUD scripts and mission into that format

so that you are assured a SERVER logic

Warhead with other power to this version doesn't exist. icon_rolleyes.gif However, I will make two or more warheads.

I aim at those completion because there are many parts that have not been achieved like the plan such as the model reforms and the dialog interfaces.

This version hits the focus to the part where a new damage method was taken. Freezing at explosion is sure to have been eased greatly instead of trees and walls not breaking. smile_o.gif

Nice work Gigan!

I used your previous version in my "co@15KT Turning Tide" mission (available in Ka-Tet mission pack from Armaholic site)

and I had the first explosion done in intro where one can see the scud raise the missile and launch.

However I had to remove the visual effects and just do the explosion because my server freezed for a long time during it.. biggrin_o.gif

Anyways....one of my favourite addons.

notworthy.gif

One funny thing though: I had first intended to add objective to destroy the scud but the game never counted it as destroyed even when I satcheled it like a madman.... crazy_o.gif

The driver got killed but no visual harm to the scud was seen....or counted. Any idea why?

When I satcheled SCUD, it was normally destroyed with the driver. I am not giving script that protects SCUD from damage. The durability of SCUD is almost equal to Ural. Possibly, other addon installed is and there are SCUD and a possibility of interfering. icon_rolleyes.gif

As for use of SCUD by your mission, I am glad.

Moreover, neither MP nor SP are related., I am wishing that SCUD comes to be only used as a background object of mission that doesn't use nuclear explosion. Though the model seems to have to be improved in the high quality therefore, I will proceed the work little by little.

I love this addon, but likewise like others, I believe a version with a conventional high-explosive warhead would be much more practical for regular missions. I am REALLY looking foward to your next versions with the new warheads. That will make it much more usable for missions. Also when you get the final version done, please post it on the main ArmA website as well so that it will be easy for mission makers to put links to your addon in their mission readme files.

Keep up the awesome work!!!!

You da man!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Gigan,

I just tested this new version, and it surely works without a decrease in framerate, but it now looks really strange that the trees and vegetation are still there.... huh.gif

I must say that I prefer the previous version on that specific point.

Are you really forced to remove the trees and vegetation collapsing to reduce the decrease in framerates ?

huh.gif

EDIT : Oh, and I forgot sthing : what's this dark/light alternating effect that we have on the screen when we're on the bombing zone ? It made me almost burp... Please remove this sad_o.gif

I agree, the trees and vegetation looks way way out of place if it isn't knocked over/dead. And could it be possible to change the radiation effect to something other than the flashing screen. That gets annoying. Maybe put in an sound as a replacement.

EDIT : Oh, and I forgot sthing : what's this dark/light alternating effect that we have on the screen when we're on the bombing zone ? It made me almost burp... Please remove this sad_o.gif

Maybe it's the radiation effect of the contaminated area?

My favorite thing about this addon was setting off a nuke and then going to "ground zero" and seeing all the damage and destruction it caused. Now you can't do that because: 1. there is no damage or destruction, 2. you die from radiation sickness if you go anywhere near "ground zero".