Sign in to follow this  
madmike

why did you use your username

Nope, I think youve got mixed up, the founder of the SAS was David Stirling, hence the SAS base called Stirling lines in Hereford.

I think there is a mad mike who was in a elite or specail british force

Yes i know David Sterling was THE founder thats why i said A FOUNDER not THE.

Mike Calvert i believe worked after the war in the Malaya insurgency and was instrumental in keeping the SAS in buisness + creating the 'modern' SAS with jungle tactics etc

Thts the one, he remade the regiment after it was disbanded after WW2 for the MAlaya emergency and trained them all up on jungle warefare

Well, if it's ennemy, what the hell am I to do?

It's also what i'm about to do to a bunch of Nato soldier's party with my thrusty old Dragunov rifle.

Mu hu ha haha! biggrin.gif

There were a couple of reasons why i chose second_draw, but i have two main reasons why.

1. My first taste for my passion of fps'ers was a western style game called outlaws & since i was so young i wasn't that good. So it is something to do with a duel but i came off "Second draw"

2. but mainly it is something to do with cards. I love card games & some people in my circles say i know every card there is wink.gif . Well, it's something to do with the way i deal cards (no, i never cheat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ Mar. 02 2002,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NAME THAT FILM!<span id='postcolor'>

Full Metal Jacket.

Now guess what my name stands for.

Fword.

Homer: Moe my friend has a problem.

Moe: Oh yeah? Well what's your friends name?

Homer: Uh, Joey Joe-Joe Junior...Shabadu.

Moe:Ahh geez Homer that's the worst name I ever heard.

{Guy runs out crying}

Barney: Joey Joe-Joe come back!

Though most people would spell it Shabadoo.

My nickname came naturally when I first played Janes Longbow 1 (where you must choose from a list)...and I've always enjoyed using stealth-tactics. Attacking my targets from their blind-side.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 05 2002,02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My nickname came naturally when I first played Janes Longbow 1 (where you must choose from a list)...and I've always enjoyed using stealth-tactics. Attacking my targets from their blind-side.<span id='postcolor'>

i always do that too, thats why im a good pilot in tribes 2, they never see it coming, muhahahahaha.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 04 2002,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...and I've always enjoyed using stealth-tactics. Attacking my targets from their blind-side.<span id='postcolor'>

I prefer to toy around with my prey biggrin.gif . An example of this would me reversing over an enemy soldier rather then blow them to pieces. I do this more in rpg & rts games. This is why i have another name for this tatic which i only & always use on lan games.

I like fragging my enemies as fast as I can. That`s often more terrifying for them, because then they start believing  they have no chance (even if they had... hmm... maybe tounge.gif  ) and get nervous. Which makes fast fragging easier.

When we last played FPS deathmatches over Lan, after 15 minutes of Quake III Arena the other guys whined: „Wah! This is too fast and totally amok!!“

After that we played Unreal Tournament, because my contrahents knew I prefered Quake. What they didn`t knew, was that even if I prefer QIII Arena I`m a very good marksman with the secondary fire of the flak cannon.

After seeing me a few times jumping into a room from the upper next level and fragging a few contrahents while still being in freefall, they whined too!

Vir is latin... i just like latin

vir viri m. [a man , male person]; esp. [a grown man; a husband; a man of character or courage, 'he-man']; milit. [a soldier, esp. an infantryman; a single man, individual].

Usually i use Vir Obitus

obitus -us m. [an approach]; of heavenly bodies , [setting]; of the living, [death, downfall, destruction].

And sometimes Caducus

caducus -a -um (1) [falling or fallen]. (2) [inclined or ready to fall]; esp. [destined to die , devoted to death].

Errr...well, when trying to shoot someone always make sure he or she is in range. That and I couldn't think of anything better biggrin.gif

Well I dunno why my parents named me Harri, biggrin.gif But 16 comes from my age. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vir @ Mar. 07 2002,08:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Vir is latin... i just like latin<span id='postcolor'>

Omnia mihi lingua Graeca sunt. smile.gif

When I first subscribed for an internet account I wanted to use my nickname, that all my friends used to call me by, which was "neel".

However, something went wrong with the subscribtion and I had to choose another name. So I added the first character of my surname (Hans) before it.

It turned out to be a unique name. Noone else on this earth uses it.

My name goes back to Rogue Spear / Urban Ops.

I was the only guy in our group of players who got really good with frags and could lob them into guard towers etc. with any degree of confidence, without them coming back down and taking all of us out.

My name came up from my head i use it in DOD also and other world war games but my real in game name is Viper Viper i got from the snake/Car and when i was thinking of buidling a mech and mister frag you stole my name you see...mrfrag@hotmail.com.....is my e-mail and look at the name! and i also used Mr. B for some time too for about 2 years Viper i used for 1 year Pvt. Parts 1 i been gaming for 4 years and Mr. B stands for Mr. Burns from the simpsons rember when cheiff wigaum called Mr. Burns Mr. B...well there ya go! some ppl thing it stands for Mr. <conresed> Mr. Bot Mr. <conresed>

well... i useally use Shrike but that nick was taken so my typical alternate is Shrikey.....

i got the idea one night where i was drinkin with a few friends...