Sign in to follow this  
bxbx

1st  MLOD from ARMA ODOL v40 - M16A4.P3D

Well since I only work on unit models I was refering to how each named selection has different weights for each other named selection it's connected to. Not the Geometry weights, but the named selection weighting for animations.

Without that, the editable unit models we have, thanks to you, really need a lot of editing to be usable in-game rather than just examples to look at. There is a reason why these haven't been used except for only the gear, which is easier to edit and reweight. Just to get a full set of short sleeved arm lods repostioned, reweighted and reattached to the BIS demo soldier took a major effort smile_o.gif

I'm just grateful you were able to convert them and share as they are, anything else is just "icing on the cake".

Oh dear, it's been there available the whole time... just didn't know exactly what it was used for... an update will be forth coming...

nice update wink_o.gif

can you upload arma mlod drop particle ?

ca\data\particleeffects\Fireandsmokeanim\Fireanim.p3d

I hope we're both thinking of the same thing.

@Ebud...   I think so...

Texture Weighting - denotes a Percentage used in calculating how much to deform various Textures connected to a given selection during animation? Is that correct?

Eg.

Ebud.jpg

These are available... wip on another update...

This will change everything smile_o.gif I'm really really excited now. If this really does work it really will usher in a new era of unit editing.

all the character models have been updated...

others when time allows...

nice update wink_o.gif

can you upload arma mlod drop particle ?

ca\data\particleeffects\Fireandsmokeanim\Fireanim.p3d

huh.gif!!! - ok... 1 face, 4 verts converted...

removed

??!!! - ok... 1 face, 4 verts converted...

i know strange request - but i just couldn't get my own drop particle working smile_o.gif

OK, so, now that we have units with weights, I need a little hand here.

I've got a unit with a custom vest model that needs weight values to be transferred from the original BIS ones. Assuming I've got all the correct selections made up for the vest, how exactly do I do this?

have you tried having 2 instances of O2 open at the same time...

In the instance with your custom vest ctrl-c all the stuff you want... then alt-tab over to the other instance and ctrl-v...

seem to remeber it working... could be wrong though.

Yeah mate, I regularly work with multiple copies of O2... but from which window to which window would I copy/paste? Just not exactly sure, is all.

i can only sugest that you'd probably need to copy all weight mappings from the BISoldier for every LOD in that model that has textures... as they and the mesh are the things that the weight map influences when animating... and they'd have to be copied to the same LOD's in your modified model... at a guess... not a modeller primarily.

This will change everything smile_o.gif I'm really really excited now. If this really does work it really will usher in a new era of unit editing.

It works completly. Just got my new marine model, based on Synide's pilot rip, ingame biggrin_o.gif

cool, and there is no deformation on the models arms?

cool, and there is no deformation on the models arms?

Nope. Not at all works just fine

thanks to recent efforts by durg78 model offset is now corrected and face orientation has had an alteration.

characters & weapons have been updated, but others have not...

@hotshotmike1001... they already do... read thread further back...

please, where is link to updated weapons and models, i cannot find it :'(

removed...

link not available 24/7

only characters & weapons were updated with corrected offset and face orientation...

there is only @synide.rar (12 Ko) and vRespawn_v1c.Sara.pbo

(17 Ko) there is no other file sad_o.gif perhaps it's a CHMod problem on your FTP...

there is only @synide.rar (12 Ko) and vRespawn_v1c.Sara.pbo

(17 Ko) there is no other file sad_o.gif perhaps it's a CHMod problem on your FTP...

Works fine for me.

@Jackal326 : how do you access to mlods ? i really need them :'(

@Jackal326 : how do you access to mlods ? i really need them :'(

I just clicked the link I quoted a couple of posts back that Synide posted. It might be an issue of your ISP. It works fine for me, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work for anyone else other than ISP issues. Try refreshing the page once you've clicked it, and keep refreshing to see if anything new shows up.