Sign in to follow this  
bxbx

1st  MLOD from ARMA ODOL v40 - M16A4.P3D

anyhoo... it's easier to write out in .obj format all the verts & faces by component than go through and write out all faces (in this case 7873) and then list out what components that face might or might not belong too...

do you not understand this? if you want me to explain it better please say so...

Quote[/b] ]In ofp/arma there're no new faces for injury - it's just defined in the config texture swapped on selected faces. If you got "body" and  body_injury as different faces - it's a mistake.

yes, i know that bdfy - that's noob stuff... brush up on your graphics programming and you'll get what i mean.

in this .obj file a face defined in the 'body' and a face defined in the 'body_injury' selection are the exact same face there is just 2 of them - because it's easier to write it out that way... it is not wrong.

basically, it is very difficult to write out in .obj format just the 7k of faces and then group them by which 'component selections' they belong too... give it a try...

maybe 'mlod' format as the output format will be looked at instead of .obj... i'm sure this would probably make it easier for you... the only trouble with 'mlod' it is a poor cousin to the supeior odol format, and hopefully will shortly be depricated entirely! - the only good thing about it is it's uncompressed.

can't you write a maxscript or mel script to merge the faces that occupy the all the same vertices? - that should be quite easy i'm sure...

just to clarify...

LOD 1.0 has 7873 poly's, 380 quads, 7493 tri's, 90 components - in these .obj files the same face is being written out more than once for different component selections that's why the poly, vertex counts are high...

is there a p3d of this sniper model?

pls PM me if you know or got it

I got a problem with my own weapons:

I don't know how to make the muzzle disappear ingame, the appear when you fire the weapon... help!

I called it zasleh like in the ArmA p3d, but I don't know what to do now! huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]pls PM me if you know or got it

Me too , please

Regards

Quote[/b] ]pls PM me if you know or got it

Me too , please

Regards

Same as above , please.

Thanks in advance

ok. now  i see what you mean. But we have to find the way to merge the faces. "maxscript script to merge the faces that occupy the all the same vertices"  can be a good solution, but i'm not advanced max user sad_o.gif i'll google - maybe there's a solution

Quote[/b] ]maybe 'mlod' format as the output format will be looked at instead of .obj... i'm sure this would probably make it easier for you... the only trouble with 'mlod' it is a poor cousin to the supeior odol format, and hopefully will shortly be depricated entirely! - the only good thing about it is it's uncompressed.

there's just another mlod Arma format that you have never seen smile_o.gif Just like therewas mlod/odol for ofp - there's mlod/odol for Arma. Anyway if you don't like p3d - can you use 3ds ? it's far more widespread and easy to import in game

And what about mapping ?  I can't apply textures properlyto the models you provided sad_o.gif

as said previously, texture-2-face (or vertices) information is not available at this time.

The's uv's are present in those .obj files you have to map them yourself manually atm.

yes, i'm sure there probably is an updated MLOD version for ArmA models, but none has been released, soooo....

So can I just ask a fairly straight-forward question?

I'd like to know what programmes you recommend for opening/editing P3D models for ArmA. I'd like to open the sedan.p3d to make a new version with a rear wing etc ^^

? I got 21172 after importing into 3dmax... though it may be because the model gets triangulated...

Select all vertices, weld with a threshold of 0.001.

For some reason, it splits it all apart. Also, the o2 proxies are imported and they're hundreds of verts too.

Abs

So can I just ask a fairly straight-forward question?

I'd like to know what programmes you recommend for opening/editing P3D models for ArmA. I'd like to open the sedan.p3d to make a new version with a rear wing etc ^^

short answer - you can't really... you'll have to wait for the tools... unless, you're into a bit of programming...

armedassault.info link

What did we miss?

Quote[/b] ]TeRp from the Bundeswehr Mod informed us, that they have published a few screenshots on their homepage. These screenshots made by Mr.Burns show an early version of their soldiers based on the US Models which have lately been released.

help.gif

updated to mlod format... no texture mappings, not available 24/7...

link removed...

Anyone has a good config for the soldier MLOD's ? I've testing SLX one and the result is too sad , instead a soldier it looks a monster confused_o.gifconfused_o.gif .

Regards

VERY educational these models thanks Synide thumbs-up.gif

Curious on the texture references (specifically been looking at Air), seems to be only 1 texture reference.

Any chance of getting the mh6 for example with true texture references?

I want to copy the cockpit dash instruments (into another ArmA model obviously), but its pointless without knowing the textures.

Cheers.

texture mappings are not not available... in these OFP type mlods there is a 'placeholder' texture used for the faces.

this is a dummy texture name - non existent.

the UV cordinate mappings are present and in the accompanying .rpt file you'll note the various texture .paa's that a given resolution utilizes.

You need to manually remap the faces of a given resolution to it's 'logical' texture file - if you plan on re-introducing these models back into ArmA...

also, fyi, some models have more than one UV set in them... this is not being saved into these OFP type mlods as this file format (and O2) does not currently support multiple UV sets.

I suppose if a 2nd UV set was present a 2nd mlod could be produced with those UV's specified... but it seems a bit pointless to me.

these mlods are more for educational purposes than aimed at reintroducing 'modified' OFP type mlods back into the ArmA game with a mustache or oakley sunny's.

once (when/if?!wink_o.gif BIS release the newer version of O2 and an updated ArmA mlod format... well you know...

Thanks Synide .... half of that meant nothing to me I'm sorry .... but I guess the bottom line is ... it aint so simple anymore confused_o.gif

updated to mlod format... no texture mappings, not available 24/7...

mlods...

This might be me looking at a bad time.. but i dont find any weapons or soldiers in that link... confused_o.gif

They are there mate.

@synide, thanks - its very educational to be able to see poly/face count etc.

appreciated...

yes, it is interesting seeing 10.5k of faces for a 10,000 lod in a character model.

things like 0-65535 faces in a resolution. (could be got around by having proxies)

20Meg (ofp type) mlod for the Hotel.p3d, how pathing has been done - i have a large list of un-answered questions though - time will tell.

ah got it now! Thanks!

I tested the sniper model ingame using SLX's config, but the model got all f*ed up. Is this the model or a config thing? (I havent had time to test other models yet so it could be just that model thats bugged)

Hopefully somebody can answer this:

What are the LODs after 10000?

My guess is that it has something to do with the way the model casts shadows on a certain type of situation... inside vehicles? On in the air?? confused_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hopefully somebody can answer this:

What are the LODs after 10000?

Shadow lods. best I can work out is that the shadow system also has lods to match the res lods.