Sign in to follow this  
newbieboka

ArmA Graphics Problem

Hello everyone. I suspect this is an overheating problem, but I'm not entirely sure and I'd just like you all to get a chace to get your two cents in. Anyway. I play for a little while on whatever settings, lower settings means I can play longer, but eventually I get artifacts and wierd elements across my screen as illustrated

Here

System

Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 with 2,40GHz x2

2 GB of Ram

Nvidia 7950GT

Creative Xfi Platinum

ArmA 1.05

DirectX 9.0C

yep! I've had that problem since I changed from ADM to intel. And I really trusted that, ATI or Intel would release a hotfix that will fix the problem but no...

My lineup

Intel pentium Core 2 CPU 6600 with 2,40GHz x2

2 GB of ram

x800GT radeon

320GT Seagate.

And I'm so tired to wait those updates and hotfixes. So I'm going to get a REAL life and use some lot of alcohol and enjoyl the life like everyone should do! notworthy.gif

This might be caused by overheating, but also by overclocking. Can you check the temperature of your GPU? and also, do you overclock it?

I actually just checked, and it's 60' Celcius and No, I've not overclocked it.

I havent seen it happen in any other game except maybe once in CoH

I have this problem too! mines runs ok then all of a sudden crazy stuff happens, textures turn to s**t et cetera. HELP. Also ive just patched it to 1.8 and same stuff. heres my set-up:

Vista home premium 32x

Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz

2 gig of memory

Nvidia gforce 7900gs 512mb

I think maybe its got something to do with dual core and vista, anyone? i REALLY wanna play this game properly, and the annoying thing is it used to work fine on this very same rig but when i patched the first time to 1.5 i think, it totally started to go crazy, why??

The Vista drivers are still far from perfect.

Because of that it can turn out bad, if you do something that would normally improve the game. confused_o.gif

Aye. After 1.08 and setting textures to default, I got that spiky graphical glitch as well. Then Arma crashed.

No overcloking, no overheating. Same as i left it with 1.05+.

In in the same boat and its not caused by GPU overheating!

The handle leak is now sorted but the gfx bug isnt! aaaargh

a ALT-TAB, screen res or refresh rate change will get rid of it for a bit but it will be back....

Yea i have similar spec as you guys and after patching started to play expecting to sort out the texture bug but no, still no joy mad_o.gif Still get the problem that building textures or trees after time become bland and lifeless, i only have vista as it is a new prebuilt machine and still having these problems.

Ive tried all the recomended posts (drivers/maxmem etc, ect) on how to fix but still doesnt run properly, vista and armed assault= not compatible at moment.

Other games i have (which is many) run fine so this will have to go back on the shelf.

Very dissapointed...

Totally man, i have a prebuilt machine too, upgraded cus i thought id need a better one to play arma and say Crysis when that comes out, what a sad irony!

I think bottom line like you said vista arma just dont like each other but i also think its got something to do with arma not liking dual core aswell maybe, at least PC Gamer said something along those lines when it reviewed it. So frustrating cus its an awesome game.

Im still very confused about it working before i patched it, i think ill just reboot and not patch it at all then get back to you and tell you guys if that works, stupid situation but thats the way it is i guess. BI need to get their s**t sorted. confused_o.gif

I'm on WinXP and have this same problem, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's a Vista issue.

Dual core Pentium D with a 7900GT, latest WHQL.

Its a 7 series problem as members of volcbat have the same issue since 1.08, Its results in a chrash too as im running a 7900gs and have crazy artifacts all over the place. only recommend updating to latest driver and having the -maxmem=512 in your shortcut.

Lets hope a hotfix can be introduced for us 7900 users

Hi

I mite have found a fix that works for me...

...which is killing the catalyst control console process tree (ccc.exe) before running ArmA.

i've been playing ArmA pretty much straight for the last 2hrs which is the longest so far without a gfx glitch/BSOD.

p4 3ghz

1gb pc3200 ram (dual paging)

sapphire x1950 pro 512Mb AGP

ATI 7.5 hotfixed catalyst drivers

p.s i also found that disabling the CCC unlocked a load more screen resolutions and refresh rates in ArmA , so i tried 80-100hz whilst testing without problem. This may be related to the fix or may not.

i posted this in the troubleshooting thread:

"At first i thought that this was a good patch, but i was wrong =(

This was supposed to be an AH1:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7773/arma2007061115431286ah5.jpg

This was supposed to be a Striker:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3299/arma2007061118544784gy1.jpg

I never had this bug before.

And as you can see the performace is far from good =("

LOL

Thats are some nice pictures rofl.gif

I hope they fix it for you , i dont have any problem

Hi

I mite have found a fix that works for me...

...which is killing the catalyst control console process tree (ccc.exe) before running ArmA.

i've been playing ArmA pretty much straight for the last 2hrs which is the longest so far without a gfx glitch/BSOD.

p4 3ghz

1gb pc3200 ram (dual paging)

sapphire x1950 pro 512Mb AGP

ATI 7.5 hotfixed catalyst drivers

p.s i also found that disabling the CCC unlocked a load more screen resolutions and refresh rates in ArmA , so i tried 80-100hz whilst testing without problem. This may be related to the fix or may not.

I returned 2 of those cards after they both eventually started glitching and gradually got worse , artifacts even showing on the boot up screen,

Of course later versions were maybe fixed, but looking between the card and cover plate you could see gaps between some of the chips and the thermal pads.

Eventually upgraded my motherboard and got a X1950pro ultimate PCI Express, better cooling.

Same problem With:

Intel Dual Core 6600, (2.40GHz x2), running on Vista

4 GB of Ram

Nvidia 7950GT

ArmA 1.08

DirectX 9

I've also noticed that after these graphical problems starts, I cannot quit ArmA without Ctrl+Alt+Del. The game runs fine (except for the graphical glitches) but refuses to let me shut it down.

Go to your documents :

Delete or rename  /arma/arma.cfg

Delete or rename  /arma/yourname.cfg

Start the game and set settings

The game will make a fresh one

Try this if you have problems:

-Shading details set on very low (fix performance)

-Shadows , turn them off (fix performance, and you see the enemy better tounge2.gif )

Do not set : run on xp if you have vista

i have no problems with Vista Ultimated 64Bit

Most my settings or all on normal only ff and aa are on high with 1280x1024 75Hz

Its a shame you have to put lower settings on to play the game that would normally easily run at higher settings. Im gonna try putting my textures onto normal now instead of default to see if that stops me chrashing (the maxmem has stopped the artifacts so thats one good thing) wink_o.gif

Hey guys smile_o.gif what is this 'maxmem' i keep hearing about, could it help? could you tell me what to do lol ive never heard of it, i guess it means maximum memory but what memory and what do you do? thanks wink_o.gif

I was able to fix the problem by getting newer drivers. The latest official nvidia drivers for the 79xx cards were version 94.24. After installing them, I still had graphical glitches and artifacting going on.

Then heard that you can still use the 88xx drivers, such as the 158s. I uninstalled the old drivers, ran the driver cleaner program, then used these drivers instead and the game runs great, no more problems.

I run WinXP 32bit also...

I have x1950 Radeon and guess what.. still crashes. Im selling this damn pos game on ebay if they dont fix it.