Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

New Racs - Lite Version

Mate, three words.

Keep making stuff.

Loving it on this end. biggrin_o.gif

Ah, yes, one other thing - you say you've used some of SLX's work, which I have seen and loved, especially the removal of the Anaconda's mag, but I was curious, did you experiment with that certain value (it was mentioned somewhere in SLX's weapon demo thread) that makes the magazine "drop" (when reloading) and seem to sit in the bloke's hand for a bit longer than usual? I'll see if I can't drag it up.

I dind't used anything from SLX mate biggrin_o.gif I learned how to animate weapons reading and studying SLX's work but for example the M60's moving belt was made by the first time by me biggrin_o.gif Well second... BIS, made the first time although in 2 of the 3 MGuns the belt is actuality moving on the opposite direction biggrin_o.gif

About the Anaconda, I was actually hoping for someone to mention it, you noticed that the barrel isn't moving while shooting? That's because I am close to be able to make something different which is to make the barrel go sideways while reloading and than go back to the weapon after it, however making the barrel move at each shot and accomplish the reloading animation in the same model is driving me nuts.

One other thing, I changed the 1st view of the Anaconda as well as the Walther making both 1.2 bigger, somehow it seems that Hand Guns in the first view get smaller, using this method makes them closer to the real thing I think.

Hey skaven THANKS for these soldiers and weapons matey,they are awesome,Excellent work

You da man notworthy.gif

Iam also looking forward to all the new stuff aswell,cant wait.

Keep up the excellent work mate

All the best

Dan

First of all - an excellent piece of addon! Great work.

You're probably fed up with suggestions, but I just can't resist. wink_o.gif

As for a 5.56mm assault rifle I'd suggest this:

Heckler&Koch HK 33 and HK 53

I guess they were quite popular during '60s and '70s among many "soldiers of fortune".

Maybe your Racs could use a 5.56mm light machinegun (or automatic rifle as you will).

Probably Minimis would be too expensive, but maybe older versions would fit.

You could also consider Heckler und Koch HK 23 or CIS Ultimax 100.

As for GPMG, the pig is ok, but it has very serious reliability issues, which unfortunately aren't simulated in ArmA, so why not include an FN MAG in older version or an MG3.

However it's still your work, and I'm sure whatever comes next, it's going to be great. Cheers.

Thank you all for you nice words and for your help wink_o.gif

Version 2 has all the weapons defined, besides the ones I mentioned already (G3, Fal, Fal - Sniper, M14, Uzi, Ump, M60, Walther MPL and Colt Anaconda) there will be one more which is a surprise I have for you guys. It's a weapon that exists in game and I hope that you will like it enough to replace for the original one made by BIS, Jackal helped me importing this one since I have some problems with CS-Source models, ty Jackal.

It's the only weapon I did that already existed, and later you will understand why I made this choice, and NO NO NO it's not an M4, it's a little bit cheaper wink_o.gif

For version 3 I have so many requests and suggestions that I don't even know where to start, there will be also my last Racs (Team 3) and of course 4 or 5 new weapons for them to use which I will try choose which ones from your requests.

If the patch 1-08 is indeed released Monday than expect my Version 2 to be released Wednesday since I need at least 2 days to beta test my work on 1.08.

Come on, we all know your surprise is an AK-74 maybe even M and maybe even with GP-25/30 biggrin_o.gif  Anyway, nice work, looking forward to the updated version smile_o.gif

To tell you the truth, I'd prefer a 47 or AKM myself, seeing as Nephilim is making her own uberdink 74M/GP model, but whatever comes out, I'll sure as hell be happy.

Quote[/b] ]Come on, we all know your surprise is an AK-74 maybe even M and maybe even with GP-25/30 biggrin_o.gif Anyway, nice work, looking forward to the updated version smile_o.gif

Not even close wink_o.gif And it's not an East weapon, those I have reserved for for the future Russians.

Let me guess? Maybe an M16A4wM203?  xmas_o.gif

M16A4M203-1.jpg

M16A4M203-2.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Let me guess? Maybe an M16A4wM203? xmas_o.gif

Bullseye yay.gif

That will the best (not cheap) weapon this guys will ever carry (they needed a grenade launcher) thanks to Jackal326 for his kind help, this weapon was made to replace BIS M16A4-M203 as asked some threads before however...

and if not even you have the last one I made whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nice, I always thought it was a glaring error to leave out the iron A4/203.

That was the second reason I decided to import this one, being the first the need for a Grenade Launcher, with the Aks reserved for the Russians I think I got the correct weapon since the M16A2-M203 is the BIS's Racs grenadier weapon.

Quote[/b] ]I'm well pleased. biggrin_o.gif

Good, there is nothing like a happy customer, thank you for your nice words and help wink_o.gif

On a side note, I've been spending many hours trying to improve the quality instead of quantity and I was able to make some nice things, for example the way the AI fires this weapons. Playing with the AIRateofFire value I managed to make them fire in a more distinct and realistic way the AI doesn't waste ammunitions on distinct targets in this cases he fires slowly with some space between shots , I think it looks pretty nice and realistic, the recoils are now very close to BIS values to make this weapons close to the original ones and the shadows have new models with a lot less polys which should make the game a lot smoother without compromising the quality of the shadows that in my opinion are now very close to perfection.

Thank you all wink_o.gif

looking impressive, would you consider writing a tutorial on how to do shadows on weapons as im making a FNFAL pack at the moment and need help with the shadows smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]looking impressive, would you consider writing a tutorial on how to do shadows on weapons as im making a FNFAL pack at the moment and need help with the shadows smile_o.gif

My first shadows were a mess compared to the new ones and there are some tutorials available in this forum, one of them is inside the normal mapping tutorial thread, however I'll wright you a fast one now.

1 - Open a 10000 distance view LOD (note it's 10000 not 10.000)

2 - Make the model to use as a shadow inside the 10000 LOD (don't use my first weapons as an example, use the version to be released instead since I used a lot of polys/faces in the beginning, the amount of polys should be like 200/300 polys tops, of course the fewer the better ).

PS: Don't forget to delete the textures applied on the Shadows model since it's all black you don't need it mapped.

3 - Open a property inside your 10000 Lod and call it Lodnoshadow the value is 0

4 - Open the same property (Lodnoshadow) in all the other Lods but this time give it a value of 1.

5 - Inside the Shadow Lod (10000) with the entire model selected go to Structure/Topology/Find non-Closed and check if you have any opened point/faces (they get red if you do and below on your left O2 tells you the amount of them).

6 - If you do have any opened points/faces you must close them, you may try O2 to close them for you, for that go to Structure/Topology/Close, this should close the model for you, however, sometimes you need to do it by hand since this feature inside O2 as some limitations.

PS: Be sure that all points/faces are closed, the best way to know this is by doing the step I wrote you before Structure/Topology/Find non-Closed and see if it gives you 0/0 on the left part below, if you miss this than not only the shadows won't work as most of the times the game will crash while loading the model.

7 - Finnaly with all points/faces closed, select the entire model and go to Structure/Triangulate \ .

That's it, now try your shadow in game, good luck wink_o.gif

I opened a thread for help here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1091325

Maybe your Racs could use a 5.56mm light machinegun (or automatic rifle as you will).

Probably Minimis would be too expensive, but maybe older versions would fit.

You could also consider Heckler und Koch HK 23 or CIS Ultimax 100.

You got it wink_o.gif

M21e.jpg

WIP picture, normal maps missing.

Incredible mate smile_o.gif Simply incredible!

Rockin, I love H&K weapons

Nice work Skaven thumbs-up.gif

Good lord I'm happy seeing that. The HK21 is like my fav weapon.  wow_o.gif

Nice work Skaven, this pack is really shaping up.  thumbs-up.gif

That's gotta be the meanest looking weapon in ArmA to date.