Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

New Racs - Lite Version

Just a small update with the new Editor Pictures (the M stands for Mercs), pictures with the new cammo and weapons will be posted later wink_o.gif

EditorPics.jpg

Is everything on this (the screens in this thread) on the download atm?

Looks great Skaven smile_o.gif Can't wait to see the new stuff!

Quote[/b] ]Is everything on this (the screens in this thread) on the download atm?

Nope, the last screens ain't included, however next release will happen soon, I'm waiting for BIS to release the patch, ty Stewy wink_o.gif

Do'h - does that mean Version 2 won't be out until the 1.08 patch - or the AKs won't be out until the 1.08 patch sad_o.gif

Great screen of Version 2 btw! biggrin_o.gif

The Aks will only be released in Version 3 (July), and yes I have to wait for patch 1.08 to release the next version (Vr 2), sorry mate confused_o.gif

I have some surprises not shown in the next pictures but here's some of what will be inside Vr2 wink_o.gif

MercT2-P1.jpg

MercT2-P2.jpg

MercT2-P3.jpg

Pictures taken by tpM'91.

WoooOOOoooW...fantastic!!!!

Than new weapons: Fal...Ump and that MGpistol?

I can't wait for the release!!!

P.S._With the UMP, why not a nice Mp5A4 too? whistle.gif

When will be out the 1.08huh.gif???

Quote[/b] ]Than new weapons: Fal...Ump and that MGpistol?

It's a Walther 9mm MpL (used as pistol, it's the Team 2 replacement for the Colt Anaconda).

Quote[/b] ]With the UMP, why not a nice Mp5A4 too?

Maybe on Version 3.

Quote[/b] ]When will be out the 1.08huh.gif???

I don't know mate, but probably very soon, thank you for your nice comments wink_o.gif

Yes the base it's that one, I'm not sure but I think it was also used in BAS's Tonal Addon. From the picture you posted above I changed the colors and resized it a bit to make it blend better in ARMA than I gave it a Penta filter to give some density I applied some sharpen effects to make it look more alive and I've darkened the yellow a little bit so I could give the green some extra light, I think it looks pretty good in Arma and allows the Racs to have Team 1 with a Desert cammo and Team 2 with a more Jungle/Woodland wink_o.gif

You remember this?

Quote[/b] ]The snipers rifle doesn't have a scope. wow_o.gif

I couldn't let you down again, this one does, now you can snipe with an iron sight or with a Scope, you choose wink_o.gif

I'm loving the SLRs (FALS) mate - when they're released, can you help me tweak the config to make them just semi-auto (like Aussie ones)?

Do they have a good "throaty" 7.62mm sound?  The OFP FAL sound was very weak and sissy!  pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]can you help me tweak the config to make them just semi-auto (like Aussie ones)?

Sure wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do they have a good "throaty" 7.62mm sound? The OFP FAL sound was very weak and sissy! pistols.gif

I think you will like this sounds wink_o.gif

@Skaven

Can you make a config please to replace the standard RACS in ArmA by yours?

Maybe 2 configs for Team 1 and Team 2?

Hi, i think that those holes in the uper side of the FN-FAL are too

big, they should be (i think...) smaler and more forward; but they

still look good. Let's C ya

Very, very nice work with the update Skaven.

Keep up the great work thumbs-up.gif

Very nice Fn-Fal, UMP and MPL too, but i think for Merc or Racs is the UMP too expensive , they will choose P90, it's expensive too ,but rather than UMP, For example in FarCry. It's my only thought. It will be nice see an FN P90 in Arma

Picture of FN P90

Good luck with those guns wink_o.gif

I thought thats an MPK

Quote[/b] ]Can you make a config please to replace the standard RACS in ArmA by yours?

I have no problem with that, I'll probably make a side addon or something, but first I will release Version 3 where I will present new vehicles than your suggestion makes sense, since BIS vehicles fit very well in the original Racs cammo.

Quote[/b] ]Hi, i think that those holes in the uper side of the FN-FAL are too big

I know what you mean, the majority of the Fals have 3 smaller holes, however there is also a version with two holes like this ones, it's a version made closer to the British version (L1A1 SLR)

Quote[/b] ]any chance for an "M60E3 short"?

It's in my future plans as well a Static M60, it may happen in Version 3.

Quote[/b] ]i think the UMP isn´t a good choice. this thing is to new an to expensiv. mp5 would be better or an M1A1 Thompson

Well, actually and according to my information the UMP is cheaper than the MP5 and we already have BIS's MP5s as well as the Swiss pack ones, but as I said above, in Version 3 maybe.

As for the Thompson it's a good idea, together with an M1 Garand I could give them something older, I'll think about it, ty for the suggestion.

Quote[/b] ]Very nice Fn-Fal, UMP and MPL too, but i think for Merc or Racs is the UMP too expensive , they will choose P90

As I wrote above, according to my findings the UMP is actually cheaper and we already have too many MP5s, I'm trying to deliver new things as for the P90 well maybe in a future special team.

Quote[/b] ]I thought thats an MPK

heheh it's pretty close but this one is indeed an MPL you can check it here as you probably have already wink_o.gif

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg39-e.htm

cool, that you planned more m60´s.

btw, when you make an thompson do it with drum mag, please^^

i think the garand is a bit to old, but it´s your suggestion.

PS: i ´ve done some research. your are right - always right. the ump IS really cheaper as an mp5.

How'd you like to be the guy with the Garand standing beside the guy with the UMP?

Garand seems a bit old as was mentioned.

There are PILES of alternatives to using WW2 weapons.

SMG

----

-Uzi

-Sterling

-MAT 49 (if you want to go 40's go SMG)

-Spectre M4

-CZ Model 25

-Beretta Model 3

Assault

-------

-FN FNC

-Galil

-AR-18

-Steyr AUG

It's totally up to Skaven of course, im just mentioning some alternative ideas for future. smile_o.gif

the only thing i don't like (and i feel that i woun't have any fun) is on the gun recoils. Especially the m60, ie, even in prone position you can't hit shit.

You consider a m14 rifle without a scope for a sniper?

Would be nice if recoils were fixed or simulated better.

I already saw better recoils simulations in arma.

Would also be nice if the m14 had a scope, a simple one would do fine smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How'd you like to be the guy with the Garand standing beside the guy with the UMP?

The M1 Garand was actually for something that came to my mind from Kasrkin85th's suggestion which would be to make some WW2 mercs (in a different pack of course) but it's obvious that I would never ever mix the weapons I made so far with the M1 not even with the Thompson biggrin_o.gif All my weapons cover a small period of time that goes more or less between 1975-1995 (20 years) and my Racs are not to be a top army like the US they are like BIS's Racs but with more alternatives, as I said before I'm trying to balance the game a little bit that's why after the Racs I will make the Russian Army. If I would go for my personnel taste than I would make M4s and M16s all over the place have you guys seen CS M4s? Check Jackal's thread for example he's using some and they are perfect, however I feel that as an addon maker I should work for balance instead of my country or for popularuty because unfortunately we have 90% West addons for 5% Racs and 5% East. If I imported some of CS's M4s, trust me this thread would have like 100 times the posts, but as I said I'm here to balance the game as I did at ofp when I started 5 years ago, I made Russians than Mercs than Pakistan Army, and when finnaly I felt the game was balanced, specially because of the arrival of the Orcs and RHS than I started making my side of addons I even joinned BAS Team which btw teached me like 90% of what I know today, which isn't much cough cough, thank you DeadMeat cough cough.

Quote[/b] ]Would be nice if recoils were fixed or simulated better.

I already saw better recoils simulations in arma.

I changed the recoils 100%, for example the M60 is pretty close to BIS' M240 now, however I don't understand how you don't hit a thing with the M60, personally I think it's actually too easy compared to BIS's Machine Guns.

Quote[/b] ]Would also be nice if the m14 had a scope, a simple one would do fine

I already made a Fal with a pretty nice scope the M14 will stay as it is in this pack, in the future I will do the scope for you guys as I already said I would.

Quote[/b] ]There are PILES of alternatives to using WW2 weapons.

I know and I answered that above mate but this guys already have a pretty big load out I think, check it:

G3

Fal

Fal - Sniper

M14

Uzi

Ump

M60

Walther MPL

Colt Anaconda

I have plans to make maybe one more Machine Gun for Team 2 and probably a Galil since as the Fal and G3 we are starting to see it in lots of countries like in the Balkans for example.

Now, I don't mind doing more and more weapons I can even import a Colt Commando an M16A1 a Car-15 but, this guys are Racs\Mercs and yes they buy weaponry in the black Market but that doesn't make them Weapon Collectors. biggrin_o.gif And remember something, in terms of playability it's important to have your team using the same mags you do, so 3 variations for a Team I think it's pretty acceptable. wink_o.gif