Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

New ATI 7.5 Drivers out

Migrated from 7.4's to 7.5's when they were posted on the ATI website, and immediately ran into a serious issue:

Once installed, the 7.5 cats do not recognise my HP 19" widescreen monitor native resolution, i.e 1440 x 900 @60hz. (16:10)

The monitor flashes up 'unsupported resolution' on an otherwise blank screen. Fortunately I have an old 17" monitor so hooked this up and rolled back to 7.4's immediately.

I've read several posts on other (non game) forums such as driverheaven/Rage3d etc. with users complaining of the same issue.

I would advise against anyone upgrading to 7.5 because its basically 'ferked'.....

mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Well this release just polished ATI off for me and 6 of my friends, today we bought Nvidia cards 8800GTS and GTX's. ATI have lost yet more customers through a lack of customer focus and ability to code drivers. I swear I will never go back to a company that consistently demonstrates a lack of consideration for bugs being present for more than 3mths. whistle.gif

When the lead programmer of a game advises them of a serious bug and they fail to deliver 3mths later only shows to the public their true colors and it's a disgrace. I'll be advising anyone I come into contact with about upgrading their PC to steer well clear of these video cards. This very thread reflects the struggle that customers are dealing with.

Time to bring on board another competitor as it seems ATI are needing a timeout. banghead.gif

running the 7.5s, renamed the .exe to Fear.exe, Have CF running, nice drivers. Everything is running great, no handle leak.

x6800 conroe

DFi rd600 mb

2gigs uber ram

Xfi snd

2x 1950xtx in crosfire

21inLCD, 1600/1200

settings mostly high some very, some normal, only run grass flat(terrain low) in MP to get 20 more frames..40 to 60fps.Sweet graphix, great game, nice drivers. CHEERS

What a sense of self importance you all have. Hahaha. The fact that the issue was not fixed in this release does not mean that they don't care about their customers. This is not the only issue they are dealing with in their pipeline. Suma already said that their development schedule is a very long one. As I predicted, the ArmA issues did not show up on their radar until the US release of Combat Operations. Now they have acknowledged the problem, and are working towards a resolution. If you all had 8800s, you would be whining and crying about their LOD bugs, storming off in a huff, and making all kinds of other incredulous and meaningless noises on this forum. Keep switching back and forth between GPU vendors if it makes you feel good, but here's a little secret about living in the real world: Shit takes longer than it should ALL THE TIME.

Still running a 3 year old 9800xt and it runs ARMA with no problem at all, the handle leak is annoying yes but as someone pointed out ARMA is not a big selling game and expecting it to be top of the list of driver fixes is a bit naive, (thats not to say it shouldn't be on the list and i wait patiently). The reason i stick with this card is that it's Anti Aliasing ability still baffles me, it runs game nearly twice as well with it turned to full, can't explain it but it's great for me. smile_o.gif

Thr0tt you have the same evolution as me: Ti4200, 9800pro, X850XT and X1950Pro  biggrin_o.gif .

nice, so you too couldn't be bothered with DX10 stuff until it matures tounge2.gif but SM3.0 was a must have (damn RvS:Vegas).

Haha yeah Vegas made me buy the 1950pro because of SM3.0 but Arma made me buy a 8800GTS crazy_o.gif , just installed it yesterday and are happy as can be yay.gif .

running the 7.5s, renamed the .exe to Fear.exe, Have CF running, nice drivers. Everything is running great, no handle leak.

x6800 conroe

DFi rd600 mb

2gigs uber ram

Xfi snd

2x 1950xtx in crosfire

21inLCD, 1600/1200

settings mostly high some very, some normal, only run grass flat(terrain low) in MP to get 20 more frames..40 to 60fps.Sweet graphix, great game, nice drivers. CHEERS

no handle leak ??!!!! huh.gif

Still running a 3 year old 9800xt and it runs ARMA with no problem at all, the handle leak is annoying yes but as someone pointed out ARMA is not a big selling game and expecting it to be top of the list of driver fixes is a bit naive, (thats not to say it shouldn't be on the list and i wait patiently). The reason i stick with this card is that it's Anti Aliasing ability still baffles me, it runs game nearly twice as well with it turned to full, can't explain it but it's great for me. smile_o.gif

Yes, but some of us don't want to play the game in 800x600. banghead.gif

x6800 conroe

DFi rd600 mb

2gigs uber ram

Xfi snd

2x 1950xtx in crosfire

21inLCD, 1600/1200

yeah i have no Handle leak. I also dont notice what your view/object issues either. The game will take a year to get to a complete finish... and then there will always be something. As for ATI well they just started looking at this game, and will most likely have a fix in the drivers AFTER the 1.08 patch. I would also go on to say that if a bug happens to NVDA cards after the 1.08 patch, you WONT see a fix for a year from nvida... Its pick your poison with small Devs like BIS, until they sell enough games to warrant Nvidia and ATI to take notice, or you scream on there support sites, WHICH ATI has and responds.

Game runs fine, much fun Cheers.

Quote[/b] ]es, but some of us don't want to play the game in 800x600. banghead.gif

Umm what the hell are you on about 800x600, never played a game in that resolution in my life, please do some research before posting an obviously wrong statement like that.

No problems here with ATI drivers. I know for a fact that M$ updates have been making Arma and other game crash a lot as they were replacing HUB drivers and Mobo drivers with there updates.

I was having 20-40 crashes a day garenteed to crash sooner or later normaly sooner. After reinstall of Mobo AMD drivers all was solved. nTune was bad for my system too.

Arma is old face it it'll never run as good as NEW games. And before buying a new card and spending loads on a main game like arma wait till Game2.

Quote[/b] ]es, but some of us don't want to play the game in 800x600. banghead.gif

Umm what the hell are you on about 800x600, never played a game in that resolution in my life, please do some research before posting an obviously wrong statement like that.

Ok then. banghead.gif

x6800 conroe

DFi rd600 mb

2gigs uber ram

Xfi snd

2x 1950xtx in crosfire

21inLCD, 1600/1200

yeah i have no Handle leak. I also dont notice what your view/object issues either. The game will take a year to get to a complete finish... and then there will always be something. As for ATI well they just started looking at this game, and will most likely have a fix in the drivers AFTER the 1.08 patch. I would also go on to say that if a bug happens to NVDA cards after the 1.08 patch, you WONT see a fix for a year from nvida... Its pick your poison with small Devs like BIS, until they sell enough games to warrant Nvidia and ATI to take notice, or you scream on there support sites, WHICH ATI has and responds.

Game runs fine, much fun Cheers.

Mobo chipset is RD600. handle leak is related to intel chipset so .

how AMD could encourage their ATI team to debug an "intel" problem ?!

:fear:

It is all dependent of ATI's releasing plan. You all know that ATI releases monthly drivers. But it takes more then a month to release a driver. So actually, they work 1 or 2 releases ahead.

The fact that Armed assault is in the changelog is a good thing, because that means they are probably currently working on it(if not already done). But writing a driver is not that easy, and could take some time.

My guess is the persons with the handle-leak will be helped in 1 or 2 more releases.

how AMD could encourage their ATI team to debug an "intel" problem ?!

:fear:

thats what i also tought..

maybe because they are AMD, they may not fix this so soon? sad_o.gif

"intel" vs "AMD" ... (giving the impression that they want to force people to change to AMD giving us this issue) tounge2.gif

hope not smile_o.gif

Well to be honest the glitching at zoom/ distance is terrible, seems to be worse with Vsync on. And or really high settings. I have seen more people with AMD cpus having the handle leak... I know it is said different. But for me logging my Handles for 12 hours and 6 hour sessions gave no leak. But i have so much fun playing that i just deal with the vidissues knowing they will be fixed, playing games for over 12years on PC , there has never been a bug free game, you just hope it gets to a place of working well enough to the fun to bug ratio is tipping in the fun side. Its just the way it is in the PC game biz, patchs and drivers... forever and ever.

Well to be honest the glitching at zoom/ distance is terrible, seems to be worse with Vsync off. And or really high settings. I have seen more people with AMD cpus having the handle leak... I know it is said different. But for me logging my Handles for 12 hours and 6 hour sessions gave no leak. I have so much fun playing that i just deal with the vidissues knowing they will be fixed, playing games for over 12years on PC , there has never been a bug free game, you just hope it gets to a place of working well enough to the fun to bug ratio is tipping in the fun side. Its just the way it is in the PC game biz, patchs and drivers... forever and ever.

This Hurts i spent good money on my 1950Pro Ice Q 512mb

had some crashes with lots of leaks, now with the 7.5 drivers im crashing more with memory errors, screen freezing, XP res changing to lower settings.

And with a quick driver roll back (7.4) that stopped some of the pain banghead.gif

I am running an Asus EAX-1950Pro

Driver packaging is 8.351 (actually Asus packaging)

No problems on video card I think.

Its is a good idea to use the Win Addremove program to remove your driver and CCC, then before reboot delete the driver folder in your ATI/support/ 7.x folder . In this way you minimize the issues of registry mix ups. Its not really necessary for everyday driver updates, but with new games and problematic driver issues with games, its the best way to update.

It works here. I have a x1950GT and with 7.4 I had 120000 handles after an hour, now after 15 minutes of testing the same 5700 handles overall that I had after starting the game. thumbs-up.gif

good job all who bombarded AMD.ATI with support requests smile_o.gif

i create new thread just for these drivers ...