Sign in to follow this  
william1

North Saharani Airports

Two fully equiped airports for the SLA army in North Saharani , the first placed in the north part of the main island , and the second one in the island of Antigua .

Edit :

Updated to version 1.2 fixed some problems with Overlapping of textures in Antigua Airport , fixed deformed runway lights on Arma 1.08

It's highly recommnded to use them along with the awesome take-off and landing scripts by Mandoble , you can get it here

Mandoble scripts

Addons needed : editorupdate 102 by Lowfly

editorupdate 102

special thanks to Kristian from the mod Bases over Saharani.

some pics :

1-20070530072601.jpg2-20070530072601.jpg

3-20070530072602.jpgc-20070530072603.jpg

a-20070530072602.jpgb-20070530072603.jpg

download link 1.2 :

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

Looks very nice! smile_o.gif

Is this something like the BOS-Project or a "new/different" Island pbo?

MfG Medicus

yes , something like BOS , i thought we needed some airports for the SLA tounge2.gif

yes , something like BOS , i thought we needed some airports for the SLA tounge2.gif

Aye .. really nice work!

The Dirt-Runways in Pita and on Antigua aren't really that useful biggrin_o.gif

Thx for this goody!

MfG Medicus

Well done! Can't wait to try them out.. thumbs-up.gif

wow william.....I did just about this same EXACt thing.... funny

Sry for this but how do you install it?

you can open the missions with the editor smile_o.gif

Very good work william!

All that needs to be done to get them perfected, is to change the runway numbers to reflect their directions, but that's maybe being a little fussy wink_o.gif

I will definately be adding these to some old wip missions of mine.

Stuntboy

these airports are quite impressive nice job will try out  thumbs-up.gif

Very nice.

Is the editor update required to use the runways in MP, or just to edit them?

editorupdate 102 by Lowfly does not need users to have the addons to play, but to edit you do need it as the editor will not recognise the object without it.

By the way as mistakenly named this is for Sahrani not Saharani  smile_o.gif

nice job

Nice work dude, North Sarahni badly needed an airport biggrin_o.gif

editorupdate 102 by Lowfly does not need users to have the addons to play, but to edit you do need it as the editor will not recognise the object without it.
Wrong. My editorupdate is the only one that isn't needed for players, only for editors.

LowFly created his own classes, aswell as added models that didn't have classes before.

Any mission that was built with LowFly's editorupdate requires the addon.

I put the mod folder in my missions folder in my arma directory. I can't load them in the mission editor and you can't play the mission as it says "no player selected" or something like that. Please can someone help as i really want to try this mod

put them in your :

"C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\ArmA\missions" folder

to play just select any of the available soldiers in the misssions as player , or create a new one by selectinfg F1 and double Left mouse click on the map

By the way as mistakenly named this is for Sahrani not Saharani  smile_o.gif

nice job

ooops my mistake sickboy i did past editor LF 1.02 wanting to mention six 1.05 saying you just needed it in editor.

the airport template do need lowfly 1.02 to use

notworthy.gif

Question.

As this is not an addon in the simplest sense, can it cause conflicts with other stuff?

Specifically, I'm using BAS f to make some missions and I'd like the airfield at Pita, too. But your addon takes the form of a mission.sqm, and so does BAS f. I'm wondering if one will overwrite the other when installing?

If it does, can I open a mission using Northern Sahrani Airports, copy everything from the Pita Airfield, then copy it back into another mission created using BAS f.

Thanks,

Tanky -Paul-

Question.

As this is not an addon in the simplest sense, can it cause conflicts with other stuff?

Specifically, I'm using BAS f to make some missions and I'd like the airfield at Pita, too. But your addon takes the form of a mission.sqm, and so does BAS f. I'm wondering if one will overwrite the other when installing?

If it does, can I open a mission using Northern Sahrani Airports, copy everything from the Pita Airfield, then copy it back into another mission created using BAS f.

Thanks,

Tanky -Paul-

Answering my own question ... smile_o.gif

I can make a small mission using N Sahrani Airports, copy all the objects, load up a BAS f mission I'm currently using and paste all the objects into it.

I'll credit in the final version, of course.

updated to version 1.2 due to some topographic changes on Sahrani in version 1.08 smile_o.gif check first page

How can this be made to work on QG Sahrani?

In the past, I've used the merge in the editor to get the airport into my BAS missions.

I'd like to use the Pita airport on a Reunited Sahrani mission, but the editor wont let me merge them. Am I going to have to do a good old fashioned copy/paste of the unit from one map to the other, or is there a more accurate way?