Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Early W.I.P Shots of Baucau, East Timor taken in VBS2 with ADF Entities, After 29 Hours of Straight Development

etscreen5.jpg

etscreen6.jpg

etscreen7.jpg

etscreen8.jpg

Tell me what ya think :)

Looks killer mate - awesome job! :D

No where near in comparison - but a quick knock-up of an Estonian soldier. The vest has been sampled from Sentinels Infantry pack (with permission)

Rifle from HWM, Faces from Wip and SWM ;)

estonian.jpg

Stew

Edited by Stewy

[...]a quick knock-up of an Estonian soldier[...]

The scale and colours of the Estonian camouflage suit look to be pretty

much spot-on there! I know from experience that it can be tricky getting

it to look just right when rendered in the game.

Is the G3 their standard service rifle - even today?

Thanks Colonel - amazing to receive feedback from one of the greats! I'm humbled!

Yes, I did do a bit of playing in Paint Shop Pro to get the colours right - but the tex is just from a google image search of an Estonian shirt.

I'm not certain that G3 is the standard rifle - just going from some pics from MP.net http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5075&page=12 which shows Swedish Mag 58 and G3. If anyone has more knowledge, I'd be grateful. ;)

Cheers

Stew

Thanks Colonel - amazing to receive feedback from one of the greats! I'm humbled!

:confused:

Yes, I did do a bit of playing in Paint Shop Pro to get the colours right - but the tex is just from a google image search of an Estonian shirt.

Ah, I drew all my camouflage texture tile things by hand. Maybe that made

it all much harder than it should have been. Your image seems to have done

the trick anyway.

I'm not certain that G3 is the standard rifle - just going from some pics from MP.net http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5075&page=12 which shows Swedish Mag 58 and G3. If anyone has more knowledge, I'd be grateful. ;)

They look like pretty old G3s too. That page you link to shows them with

(what appear to be) Galil assault rifles as well.

I also seem to recall an ArmA addon of the Ksp 58 (Swedish GPMG) -

buggered if I can remember exactly where, though. Maybe someone else

reading this will know. It'd be good to have the unique sight picture

with the tunnel foresight.

Looking good Stewy, glad Estonian troops are getting some attention from someone who can actually texture: I started doing some Estonian ISAF troops a while back but I couldn't get the density of the digital pattern looking right, so it sat on the back-burner.

AFAIK the Estonians issue the Ksp 58s and G3s (actually AK 4s donated by Sweden, like the Ksp 58s) to their defense forces.

Their soldiers operating in Helmand carry IMI Galils, MG3s and a few FN Minimis. The same was true in Iraq.

IIRC Vilas has made all of these, but the Galils don't have the nice rails and optics that the Estonians are using.

Have a gander through the Estonian military's vast photo library:

http://www.mil.ee/~fotek/gallery/albums.php?set_albumListPage=1

I am looking for an excellent Combat Photographer who could possibly take some great screenshots of my new map, access to beta's and other things will be granted in return.

Link to terrain thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79440

Please PM me if you would like ago :)

I am looking for an excellent Combat Photographer who could possibly take some great screenshots of my new map, access to beta's and other things will be granted in return.

Link to terrain thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79440

Please PM me if you would like ago

This is not a recruiting thread. Why not make your own A&M discussion thread and post your ingame screens and advertise there?

Just like the ArmA2 WIP thread (isnt cross posting against the rules?) this is NOT a mod recruiting thread. Go use your A&M: D thread for recruiting....

Uhmpf! Aga ! I want ArmA2 MLOD ! Or he will crush some skulls :madtongue:

6-1.jpg

Edited by Icewindo

Is that a neolithic buzz-cut, he's got? ;)

*edits*

What are you talking about :p ;)

Here's one more to spot:

The day before yesterday

1-5.jpg

2-3.jpg

Yesterday

3-3.jpg

Today

4-4.jpg

Yeah, he probably wouldn't need to wear that scutum but it loooks cool, still alot of work (including learning uv mapping :( ) but I get more confident, didn't think I would get that far.

*edits*

What are you talking about :p ;)

Still needs to be a bit more long and unkempt looking, I think. Think

Alice Cooper, rather than Moe Howard. ;)

These are certainly very different ideas from the usual addons you

see. What are you planning to do with these figures? Are you actually

going to get them working in the game?

Still needs to be a bit more long and unkempt looking, I think. Think

Alice Cooper, rather than Moe Howard. ;)

These are certainly very different ideas from the usual addons you

see. What are you planning to do with these figures? Are you actually

going to get them working in the game?

Thanks, yep, I generally had the idea of creating these units some time ago but I lacked the patience to learn modding, I picked it up last year, but dropped it and now I came back to it.

The stone age tribesmen are working ingame since some days, but they are performance heavier than vanilla units since I worked with single textures and no uv map (for the additions) and didn't create proper distant LODs. I was like :eek: when I read the first of about 20 paragraphs of the uv mapping tutorial so I kind of "rearranged" the time when I would go through it :p .

Put the romans ingame for a quick test.

ave.jpg

Getting them to attack is another question, but I'm fine with my progress for now.

OFP had lots of mods with AI melee attacks (Civil War, Lightsaber addon, PC barbarian, samurai, alien addon), for ArmA I can only think of zombie mods, SLX had melee attacks but they were limited to the player

Another user was working on something similar (romans) for OFP, with alot of progress (including ships and buildings) , but sadly the project went dead, some screenshots still work:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=54;t=48466;st=15

Edited by Icewindo

[...]

Put the romans ingame for a quick test.

[/img]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/ave.jpg[/img]

That looks great! :bounce3: (I won't quibble about the authenticity of

them.)

Won't you get only rather small battles, though?

I always wanted to create a game that would recreate ancient warfare

properly (those "Total War" games just don't cut it).

Another user was working on something similar (romans) for OFP, with alot of progress (including ships and buildings) , but sadly the project went dead, some screenshots still work:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=54;t=48466;st=15

I kept in contact with Stu for some time but haven't heard from him in a while now. I do have some of the buildings he built on a HD somewhere.

arma2009082323180154.jpg

arma2009082323183042.jpg

arma2009082318180912.jpg

arma2009082318185331.jpg

some qest item

Edited by engener

It's a shame you can't really get anisotropic specular with the ArmA engine (can you?). That would go a long way to sell the brushed metal look. I think the bump on the brushed metal might be a little too severe. It has the look of leather or something.

It's a shame you can't really get anisotropic specular with the ArmA engine (can you?). That would go a long way to sell the brushed metal look. I think the bump on the brushed metal might be a little too severe. It has the look of leather or something.
This only WIP, dont panic :p

That flask reminds me of that line in OFP:Resistance:

"Ahhh...vodka" :)

What do the inscriptions say? They look like a commemorative for a

promotion or something.