Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

The model is 11k tri then, I don't think I'll add poly to those parts.

I've added some details to the water shield.

BMP3 looks awesome, good work man.

The model is 11k tri then, I don't think I'll add poly to those parts.

I've added some details to the water shield.

Any tank is going to have a lot of poligons because of all of the wheels. It's not avoidable. And all we are talking about here LODs. You have to make recesses if you want to have the crew turn out, it's unavoidable. I also have a pet peeve where you see the gun barrels through the gun sights and they look like big chunky blocks, when it would literally take 10 minutes to make them look better from the gunner LOD. Remember, the model you're building right here, especially if you're building an interior, will not appear in the game in this form. It will be pieced out over many LODs, and so higher poly gun barrels, wheels, interior and so on need not necessarily appear all at the same time. The poly count you see for this iteration of the model is meaningless, only how it looks matters as long as you use poligons sparingly.

This is the 1.000 lod.

The lod you will see when your are close to the BMP3.

I'll re-work the gun barrel and few details for the pilotes' view. I'll try yo keep the polycount near the BMP2 from BIS.

And the is no textures now.

I'll make a screen with textures onces they will be made. And I could add few polys after.

Well, I think you should make the round bits look rounder in LOD 1. Your model has more equipment on it than the BIS BMP2. If you're concerned about performance, just keep the section count low. Your model seems nice, though.

sniper.jpg

I know my textures are suck :p

Thats why i looking for some help with uniform

Edited by maza94

I love that nice red triangle on his helmet as well!

UPADATE:

Belt:

wip1t.jpg

Helmet:

wip2.jpg

I still looking for help with uniform

Hey maza94, I think you're textures lacking in fine detail, like the helmet could do with a bit of fine noise/scratches (even though it might be gloss in RL), and the uniform I think needs some fabric pattern overlayed onto it, check out the Fabric section on cgtextures.com, otherwise its looking really good.

http://www.cgtextures.com/

just put a bit more detail into the rear of the turret:

mk33.th.jpg

Why not make the belt actually a part of the torso? That way it'd fit

exactly and you could use clever texturing and normal mapping to

simulate its thickness (and you'd save a few polygons, too). As it is

now it looks really horrible (I'm sure you'd agree yourself); far too thick

and it clearly doesn't fit him properly.

I reckon unless he's wearing a shirt made out of sandbags then any

fabric texture overlay is going to be out of scale. I presume his clothes

are made of poly-cotton in reality. You'd not see any structure on that.

just put a bit more detail into the rear of the turret

It's looking nice. You need to add some edges (allong the existing edges) to the canister to get rid of the weird normals on its side. But you probably know that.

Keep it up :).

such a detailed merkava's turret, i don't even think arma gonna accept such a high poly model :butbut:

It's for a normal map. It's pretty obvious isn't it.

Hello everyone!

I've been really busy on other things (projects) but just a quick update on my Temperate DPM for my British Infantry, just want to know what people think of it as i'm not too happy with the version i currently have on the current release version (its much lighter and doesn't really have the black in it). Anyway let me know what you think.

There is also an image of an L85A2 i have been working on, been doing it for ages and will probably be going for a long time still, no textures yet but maybe one day... :) I have also got very early models for an L85A2 UGL and an L86A2 but they are still a long way behind what you can see below. Anyway hope you like :)

Oh and i have started to play around with vehicle modelling, nothing done yet but would like to be able to chuck out the odd vehicle and maybe combine all my stuff into one mod.

New DPM (comments welcome)

BritDPMnewest.jpg

L85A2

SA80newest.jpg

Edited by STALKERGB

looks great STALKERGB.

@mazza94: Have a look at the BIS uniform diffuse textures and you'll see what I mean, they have a very subtle thread pattern on their diffuse map, maybe its not exact 1 to 1 scale to the real thing but it looks better than without it. When texturing for games, sometimes its a good idea to suggest a texture is there even if it doesnt exactly match what you see in real life, the same goes for fine art in general, but thats just what I think about it.

It's looking nice. You need to add some edges (allong the existing edges) to the canister to get rid of the weird normals on its side. But you probably know that.

Keep it up :).

those last shots are without any subdivision and those weird normals clear up after a meshsmooth with 2 iterations, but you're right i probably should just add more geo so that it works with 1 iteration, thanks.

Ill post up some better shots/wires tonight, this is the first high poly vehicle i've ever done so I really appreciate crits like that.

thanks for the comments guys :)

Edited by mikebart

Looking great Stalker, very nice.

Looking forward to your latest stuff, and updates to the SF and their weapons.

:bounce3:

yep updates to the SF will be coming sometime too, might be quite different to the current version, or more specifically the recon models will be much changed.

Thats if i get the time :)

Hi everyone,

Tamika from Nightstalkers fraction on Namalsk

..Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk v0.45

tam_nam_1_small.jpg

tam_nam_2_small.jpg

Click on picture for higher resolution ;)