Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Quote[/b] ]That would go really well with one of Sam's M4s

*Inserts clock icon smile_o.gif .

Indeed nothing wrong beeing a Zenith instead of Shortdot. Heck, wonder if i inserted Shortdot text on scope etc..if anyone would of known tounge2.gif .

->Anybody a suggestion on the EOTech shadow bug, shadow casting on lens/glass? A few guys i know (Jackal, Adam) have looked and tried a few magic things, but no luck. Very strange.

Could it be the texture itself?

= _ca.paa

No lens part is in shadow lod.

Normal or inverted shadow lod makes no difference.

Adding + inverting glass object in shadow doesn't help.

I haven't tried if adding a rvmat to glass helps though.

help.gif .

On the other hand no big deal as i didn't noticed or got enoyed by it ingame so far.

EDIT: Nevermind the shadow bug. It has been taken care off. Big thanks Adam. Appreciate your time and effort hunting the bug thumbs-up.gif .

Some weaps for an upcoming addon

mk18fw2.jpg

sprpw7.jpg

m4eojn2.jpg

With help from AimPoint and Dasquade.

Killer rifles, Jahve - looks great mate biggrin_o.gif Just curious, are you considering throwing the Eotech on a 249 or 240?

Just my AUD 2c smile_o.gif

Stew pistols.gif

Are your Eotechs going to be like the ones in the 6thSense Weapons Pack? In that they work realistically, and the shot fires exactly where the crosshair is. Also, you can't see the crosshair out of the "window".

I am impressed, lot of GREAT models and textures... got to understand better how this all works, I am used to old games modding, this one's amazing smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]SaBrE_UK Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2008,13:19

Are your Eotechs going to be like the ones in the 6thSense Weapons Pack? In that they work realistically, and the shot fires exactly where the crosshair is. Also, you can't see the crosshair out of the "window".

I haven't checked the 6thSense eotech, but i suppose it works as the aimpoint simulation. I also haven't check that ingame, but from what i have seen in the editor of the aimpoint that won't work on the eotech. But we haven't looked into that.

Imho it is not even worth it...

Quote[/b] ]Jimbo762.au Posted on Jan. 27 2008,14:50Why would you cam up the whole weapon, with out doing the Holographic sight?

If you have some logic check the timestamp when i showed the pics of my just finished EOTech and the timestamp of Jahve pasting it on one of his models...Aimpoint (the camo artist) needs a life aswell.

In other words: patient.

The paralax (sp?) effect is possible to do with the EOTechs Dasquade, I've done it in my weaspons packs wink_o.gif

WW2 U.S. Infantry

dday2gr3.jpg

dday3qp5.jpg

SS troops

ss3ed3.jpg

all weapons are from Vilas ww2 pack

the gear on the SS units are from Gavins ww2 infantry pack from OFP, at first I justed used it for fun to see how fast I could put some german units together but they fittet so perfect on the arma model, I acctually didn't have to rearange it they just fittet and look great ingame, so now I'm not sure if I should make some new ones or if I should just ask him to give me permission to use his stuff...

the U.S units are all mine...

I also made some airborne units but since this is a sideproject from my work on the VTE mod and the Band of brothers mod are doing some great work, they have very low priority...

as soon as I can I'll post some WIP's of my WW1 units

I'm using 3DS Max, so I'm sorta screwed for importing to ArmA, but maybe I'll figure it out later.

There is no interior yet. Just this ext. model. I hopefully will be moving onto interior later, along with textures. This is only my second model with Max.. and any real 3D program before. C and C welcome.

1: mosque1fb4.th.jpg 2: mosque2yd1.th.jpg

3: mosque4gq5.th.jpg Wire: mosquewireye1.th.jpg

Stuff in progress?

Myself and my friend DM (yea, the DMSmoke guru) are making progress on a Up-Armored Hummer mod. it will create a new class of hummers in the editor (which you may skin as you like) that hold real world values for turn rate, turn time, top speed, acceleration, bullet resistance, IED resistance, tires and armored glass.

These will not be the death traps the BIS ones are. The unarmed hummer will be given a slight boost in glass armor, and a tiny boost in bullet resistance. But will be given RL speeds etc. It'll be fast since its unarmed and hardly armored. (think 4 man HMMWV softtop) The M2 and all other armed versions will get only a slight boost in speed (they will however get a boost of speed when off road, unlike stock ones, the snails they are) but they will be survivable to the point you can drive out of the kill zone. You run a chance of being wounded badly, but not killed.

Unless of course the IED you hit is a 155mm arty round, then I hope youre prayed up. =)

Coming Soon!

http://acog99.googlepages.com/arma

Stuff in progress?

Myself and my friend DM (yea, the DMSmoke guru) are making progress on a Up-Armored Hummer mod. it will create a new class of hummers in the editor (which you may skin as you like) that hold real world values for turn rate, turn time, top speed, acceleration, bullet resistance, IED resistance, tires and armored glass.

These will not be the death traps the BIS ones are. The unarmed hummer will be given a slight boost in glass armor, and a tiny boost in bullet resistance. But will be given RL speeds etc. It'll be fast since its unarmed and hardly armored. (think 4 man HMMWV softtop) The M2 and all other armed versions will get only a slight boost in speed (they will however get a boost of speed when off road, unlike stock ones, the snails they are) but they will be survivable to the point you can drive out of the kill zone. You run a chance of being wounded badly, but not killed.

Unless of course the IED you hit is a 155mm arty round, then I hope youre prayed up. =)

Coming Soon!

http://acog99.googlepages.com/arma

This is more of an art thread... than a blow smoke up our asses thread.

So it doesn't exist?

Ah, gotcha. I must be dreaming, sorry for bothering you.

I think what he means is, this thread is for showing pictures (whether wireframe, renders, o2 screenshots or whatever) of work in progress, and NOT a thread for just going "hay guise! I'm working on something cool!" and then not showing anything.

Also, we are? I am? crazy_o.gif

Uuuh, wrong DM? Haha, he's been known to me as DM for ages, but here iirc, he is called DMarkwick. The DMSmokeEffects mod author.

As for images (is that part of smoke blowing, im new to the whole forum hostility bit) it's going to look like the stock BIS hummer. Unless you'd like me to dress it in tan? It's a config mod, so would pictures of a text editor be ok? =)

It says "This forum is for discussing addons or mods that are currently work in progress"

I wont bring up the mod again, you may now go back to your art.

Uuuh, wrong DM? Haha, he's been known to me as DM for ages, but here iirc, he is called DMarkwick. The DMSmokeEffects mod author.

As for images (is that part of smoke blowing, im new to the whole forum hostility bit) it's going to look like the stock BIS hummer. Unless you'd like me to dress it in tan? It's a config mod, so would pictures of a text editor be ok? =)

It says "This forum is for discussing addons or mods that are currently work in progress"

I wont bring up the mod again, you may now go back to your art.

TOP started this thread like this:

Quote[/b] ]

Just a fun/random topic for WIP/pimpin screenshots of whatever you are working, whether it be a small a reskin, or as big as an all new model, this way we don't always have to open a new thread.

Since you have no screen shots, this thread isn't appropriate for you. The mods discourage starting new threads for addons with which you have nothing to show, so I think your announcement was a bit early. All you have right now is a bunch of claims, and lots of people make all kinds of claims about the stuff they are working on. If the project you are working on doesn't have any visual content, then I suggest opening a thread when you have an alpha release on the go that you wish to share.

Post pics or it didnt happen wannabes/wannahaves/wannamakes!

*whipcrack*

ladael0.th.jpg

My first attempt at addon making, a VAZ 2101/Lada 1200, based on Vilas' Fiat 125p. It's a long way to Tipperary... whistle.gif

[sPAMEXAMPLE?]

Quote[/b] ]wolfbite Posted on Jan. 29 2008,11:58w00t LADA FTW!!!

Forumrules broken anyone:

-§1)No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry.

-§4) Advertising commercial products (lada is a commercial product....so in your words half eastern-europe is "wOOt and FTW").

-§5)No Spam.

-§13) Write in English.

smile_o.gif But be happy i'm no mod..and even this post can be considered as a valation of the rules whistle.gif .

Anyway acog99, what we mean is, this is a 'show your stuff' topic, so some can help finetuning it. Not a spam like above example or a post your ideas/project topic. No offence wink_o.gif . So feel free to post some pics of actual work...

In your case this is hard, so that is why you get the critics it doesn't deserves a post here. Maybe a wire of your script will ease some rofl.gif ?

Since you have no screen shots, this thread isn't appropriate for you. The mods discourage starting new threads for addons with which you have nothing to show, so I think your announcement was a bit early. All you have right now is a bunch of claims, and lots of people make all kinds of claims about the stuff they are working on. If the project you are working on doesn't have any visual content, then I suggest opening a thread when you have an alpha release on the go that you wish to share.

Work in progress is work in progress. It's not a beta, and all work in progress is a "bunch of claims". And "all kinds of claims" are what this thread is all about. It's a config edit, and a screenshot is inappropriate. I'm sure the moderators have as many rules about posting images of unchanged models as you have about posts that blow smoke up your ass. This modification will never have any relevant screenshot to show, but it is work in progress, that simple. Please don't tell me you highlighted the word "screenshot" up there as proof of some sort of unbreakable forum rule about this thread?

Quote[/b] ]wolfbite Posted on Jan. 29 2008,11:58

this is a 'show your stuff' topic, so some can help finetuning it.

Sorry I'm not seeing that rule or description anywhere. It's a work in progress thread. I wish people would stop telling everyone else what it is & isn't, what can & cannot be shown. And the post wasn't posted so some can help finetune it thanks.