Update!

Change log

1.) Re-Tagged to DBO_afghan

2.) Removed stretching

3.) Removed bad texture -ID

4.) Added small city to new Kabul lite area

5.) 1.07 .rpt = 0 faults

6.) Grid meter changed to 50m cell

The city is only proof of concept so that people can use wrp to see how the heights need to be changed or edited when placing objects as the p3ds files are not in odol format (yet)

For those who have made some missions, we regret to inform that due to the change in the grid size any previous placed units will be altered in position because the hills are now less spiky

Also remove the @afghanistan folder, and put the new folder in the updated rar.

Thanks a million

Deano/Nick

Link-New Clicky

Mirror -New Clicky Mirror

I love dessert maps and BONUS its great for FPS

Now all we need is caves/underground tunnels/bunkers biggrin_o.gif

Good work soldier !

i Hope you are not going to actually use that as a city in the finished version!!

How about you convert the afganistan buildeings to be in the map.. I know,i know.. you are waiting for the tools... dam bis..release the tools!!

Is the CTD fixed now in the update??

oh boy...that was a pretyyy bad town =/.... I hope u do more to it, and dont make layers of the same exact building lol.

Anyway! Ur doing great so far! Keep up the good work!

Might of been better if we didn't include the "city" lol goodnight.gif

The city isn't representing anything, its just for mission makers to use as a template for editor placed objects for heights.

So please don't be too harsh on how it looks... inlove.gif

i know iwas just sayin.. how are you going to make your buildings?? from vbs1 or from ofp mods or from the TCW objects? TCW objects wont fit into an Afghanistan style map of course

or are you going to make it from scratch?? and can you give us a unofficial release date? and are you going to include extras like desert car and armor?? And can you fix the car going down the mountain thing?

I'm really enjoying this map (A LOT), however the city is in the way for a mission I'm making, is there anyway to remove the buildings?

Just placed 5 groups of infantry, 100 apiece, compact column. Placed all sorts of hardware: helos, tanks, trucks... and we got a convoy.. Very nice. Had tanks and trucks and helos in a reasonable column. (just tied the helos to the convoy groups) Then had another force attack it. Unbelievable carnage! BIS, this game will bury, I say again, BURY all other games by advertizing it's LARGE battles. I know this terrain has few features and cities, but the scale of it is amazing. Nice job DeanosBeanos and BIS. notworthy.gif

*goes back to command army*

Hey um...im not really asking for much of a town...but...can you just take a little time with Kabul lite and just Mix up the houses atleast??? Please! That would be great..

That layered house thing is kinda...you know.

I built a mission with a small town in the first version but had to move it when I imported it to the new island.

Anyway, the town could use a more irregular and asymmetrical look to it, like this:

Untitled-1_copy.jpg

it doesnt matter as long as their is an big city with afganistan buldings i am fine.

Any way i found anouther bug.. i am not sure if it is so i am going to re check.

what i see here is that we will have a big island without lag smile_o.gif

I was running version 1.07+ and game crash to desk top after some minuts of flying arround. i increased view distance to 4000m and after a while game CTD.

of course the island need to be worked out.. i wish good inspirations to it.

good job guys!

If u guys dont want the city (Kabul) to be included or need to remove it, just take out the Smy-Kabul.pbo in your Armed ASsault Addons Folder wink_o.gif

I built a mission with a small town in the first version but had to move it when I imported it to the new island.

Anyway, the town could use a more irregular and asymmetrical look to it, like this:

Untitled-1_copy.jpg

i see a great idea here with this pic and a city of ruins could make for some good infantry battles. we need the tools in order for the guy to make a complete island, but i like this guys idea of adding these ruined buildings and i think it would be cool if it would be included within an update. the buildings just need to be properly spaced and more buildings may need to be added.

Why waiting the tool ?

With Wrptool we are able to place object in the map. As you can see here I succeed in importing my one (unrealesed) afgan objects.

Im1.JPG

Im2.JPG

Im3.JPG

Im4.jpg

All work (lod, geo lod, roadway... and it work much more better than in OFP ! ).

How does it work ?

Its very simple.

-Create your one object with Oxygen. Dont make any Config

-Depbo the DBO afgan island. Then open the wrp with Wrptool.

-Binarize your .pbo and use that binarized pbo in Wrptool (you are able to place with precision your object because its binarised ! ).

-Save the .wrp and make again the DBO afgan island pbo.

-Then place your normal pbo (not binarized ! ) into your Arma Beta addon folder.

It's 100% functionnal !

Now what i am looking for is a way to binarize the Arma official objects... It seem that they are crypted or something like that. Im also looking for old ofp addons that could be used freely to make them Ok for the new afgan island... And i also create new afgan objects... If somebody want to help me... It would be very fine ! smile_o.gif

wee smile_o.gif

keep it up..

use google earth to spy real afgan citys hihi (for inspirations) wink_o.gif

what version have you

only work  in 1.07

hm... cant make it work huh.gif

only crash to desktopp

Have this problem too, going to test it with beta.