Sign in to follow this  
Fighting_steel

1.07 and Geforce 8800

8800GTX & E6700 and XP32 with official 158 driver, all messed up like mentioned above - but the faces are awsome 8)

I hope they fix it soon as this is the only game i play with 1.05 i dont get any major problems all i get is the fog with 1.06 beta fog is better but not gone but i get lod bugs now and again and with 1.07 i get all sorts of bugs from blank menus to ctd's, log bug no textures in a10, north of island is just totally no texture and when i die in a mission my screen goes black and i have to alt tab out and kill the process with task manager ive started to use the maxmem and the hdr and the lod bugs nearly all went but still get black screen and ctd's

so ive gone back to 1.05 ill just have to put up with the fog for now plus ive tried all the driver's. I found the 158.22 and the 165.01 where the best also when i installed 1.05 i got various pbo errors and no matter how many times i install the game i keep getting them and no matter where i download the patch from it keeps happening so i just click ignore and game still works but its just anoying to no that i have these errors and yes my hard drive was defraged.

armed assault 505 games dvd

windows xp

athlon 64 3500

foxconn 8800gts 320mb oc

2 gig of ram

120gb hdd

asus a8n5x motherboard

jeantech storm 700w psu

The beta patch seems to have fixed up my lod/texture issues when i add more than a few units and also i can actually play on the north island now without it looking like crap on the highest setting.

Mp worked nice yesterday on South Sahrani.

The patch is like a magic wand for me anyways.

8800GTS 640MB

OMG i cant believe it ive turned my texture setting up to high and all visible bugs have gone im amazed just played the new single player mission not 1 bug visible also played multiplayer on evolution for about 3 hours and not a thing thx to all those with there good informative posts.1.07 beta for me is now good

4 in 1

@studebacher

do you get CTDs?

No, I've never had CTD's with Arma though. 158.22 with maxmem 512 and hdr 16 seem to work for me.

@INNOCENT&CLUELESS

i had the same problem. since i deactivate anistrope mip filter and anistrope muster optimisation in the nvidia control panel evrything is fine and the dark rings are gone...

@topic

for me performance is better then with 1.05 beta patch. i have most things on very high not pp terrain and blood. texture bug is still present sometimes ai problems here and there.

viewdistance is @4000-5000 i have no shadow probs and gameplay for me is good.

well really perforemce wise it should be better for many ppls, and it really is for me, no mouse lag no spin lag you can fly over the island with 500KM/H with decent FPS, and really flawlessly at that point, then its like the computer talking to you say "hey m8, i really enjoying it, but sorry i had to go",  it somehow doesnt work for some of us, and that no body is clear why confused_o.gif

BTW my plane HUD is sooooo fade out that i cant see a thing on it, anyone have this problem? is it fixable? shoule i get it on BTS?

@ mc sonar: Thx for the hint, I will try (even if I have NO CLUE what those parameters good for) and report the result here.

@ BI, not the community!: What about releasing for each major card type an authorized parameter set per card type and per driver version? It seems that I need to become a professional vcard developer to get the cards running in an optimal manner.

Is it to much testing?

@ BI, not the community!: What about releasing for each major card type an authorized parameter set per card type and per driver version? It seems that I need to become a professional vcard developer to get the cards running in an optimal manner.

Is it to much testing?

You REALLY EXPECT BI to have access to EVERY graphics card/processor/mobo combo there is available to be able to create such hardware parameter sets/profiles?

You really are more delluded than I thought crazy_o.gif

@ DeadMeatXM2: I knew that one guy like you would jump on that like you did.

- First I asked, not demanded.

- Second I asked BI, not you.

- 3rd I said major card type so one 7900GTX, one 8800GTS, one 8800GTX.....

The vcard manufacturers doing this partly and more or less good.

But it would be nice to have working, authorized settings for the major-, but at least for the used vcards.

Usually the manufacturers providing cards for free, sometimes even with equipped MB or as complete system.

And since ArmA is very resource-demanding, the medal "ArmA-Ready" or "ArmA-proved" would be maybe interesting like it is to be percepted as Oblivion-proven card.

Hello,

My contribution smile_o.gif

My Config :

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

ASUS P5N32-E SLI CHIPSET 680I

ALBATRON GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

2X(Dual-Chan) KINGSTON 1GO DDR2-533 PC4200 (2048 Mo)

Windows XP 32Bit Home, DirectX 9.0c April 2007 Version

nVidia ForceWare V158.22

My Problem :

Great HDR Problem with the standard config (HDR = 8) (see pic below). Problem solve with manual modification of Arma.cfg : Put HDR from 8 to 16 BUT = PERF FALL (15 to 25 FPS lose = unplayable).

Screenshot = Rigth V1.05 | Left V1.07Beta

Arma Conf = All to High but Sahder and PostProcessing = Very High

81488905.jpg

97077222.jpg

lol yes Innocent your rigth i'm a  yay.gif lol

Left v1.05 | rigth V1.07Beta wink_o.gif

Thx again Innocent

Well Exaercase, my rig is less powerful than yours and yet yours looks crap.

Post your full Arma.cfg and a screen shoot of your settings.

@Exaercase (and other still encoutering problems with their 8800): have a look at the topic in troubleshooting, as there were some fixed you can try out and that did the trick for me (as good as 1.05 now in not slightly better).

My findings on it are on page 4 (mix of Lee's fixes and Bonko).

8800 texture bug topic

Additionally: Maruk just posted a hotfix that should deal with the texture bug for 8800 users.

Hotfix for Beta path 1.07

Hope it helps you...

Downloading the hotfix now,,,we all must be downloading it 24.5KB/sec ,,come on baby..

My specs.

Ultima 8800GTX Antec NINE HUNDRED Gamers ATX Case, Enermax Galaxy 850W Next Generation Power Supply.

Processor:Intel® Core2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory:Corsair 2GB DDR2 PC2-8500 Dominator TwinX .

Hard Drive:2 x 150GB Western Digital RaptorX 16MB Cache SATA RAID 0 Configured.

Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce BFG 8800 GTX

Monitor: ASUS MW221u

Keyboard: Logitech G15

Mouse: Logitech G7

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service

OK, I upgraded to 1.07beta2 /5157

Much shorter recovery from low LOD / missing textures.

But CTDs every 5 - 15 min now, current driver: 160.03/XP

OK, I upgraded to 1.07beta2 /5157

Much shorter recovery from low LOD / missing textures.

But CTDs every 5 - 15 min now, current driver: 160.03/XP

Tried 158.22 with 1.07 5157? Until now I had best performance with 158.22 on XP and 158.18 in Vista64

Also, under Vista I had to add parameter: -maxmem=512 to not get System Memory Map CTD's, still the memory usage of ArmA is well over 800mb.

Will try also this. But to be honest, this is the first game/GPU where I need to become a master SW developer to just get this crap started. I WANT TO BE A USER! ...tilt....

Shouldn't the memusage of ARMA far exceed 1.2GB's? Even BF2 used 1.4GB's if it was available. Maybe that's where the performance gain can be had.

This screenshot from GNAT shows the main problem I'm having with ArmA and my 8800. Take a look at the power lines (right side of the picture). Do any of you guys (besides GNAT biggrin_o.gif) experience this problem and do you know the cause/solution?

My config:

E6600

BFG 8800GTS 640Mb w/ Forceware 158.43

2Gb Cellshock PC6400

Vista Ultimate 32bit

I'm running 1.07 hotfix with -maxmem=512, HDRPrecision=16 and nonlocalvram=0. I have everything set to high, AA and AF normal (but I've experienced every combinations without result). VD is 3500 and my framerates stay around 25-30.

That texture flickering on powerlines (and on the sea shore) is the only main problem I'm facing with 1.07 and my 8800.

107Pic3.jpg

jard have the same problem as you i also get flickering on pavements but im not going to worry about this for now as the new patch has greatly improved my game so im happy im also using the same settings  hdr 16, maxmem 512, nonloacalvram0 and i found when i first used the 1.07 patch i had terrible lod problems but setting textures to high sorted that allthough i get a slight fog not sure wether im supposed to but its way better than before so overall bis good work now your heading in the right direction thx.

windows xp sp2

athlon 64 3500

120gb hdd

2gb ddr ram

foxconn 8800gts 320mb oc

jeantech 700w psu

asus A8N5X mobohttp://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arma2007051502033906gn3.png

And since ArmA is very resource-demanding, the medal "ArmA-Ready" or "ArmA-proved" would be maybe interesting like it is to be percepted as Oblivion-proven card.

This would only be possible if the guys spend there valuable and precious time creating a version of the game that is at least playable and STABLE for the majority of players. (I would call that "ArmA==Ready" instead of "ArmA-Ready" smile_o.gif So far I have been enjoying ArmA almost every nights since its release in Germany. Im not sure why, probably because I'm just a huge fan of OFP. And in basics ArmA is just AMAZING! I simply cant stop playing. But the amount of problems encountered playing ArmA online is countless so far. And happen every single day of playing. From crashes to desktop, to major decync and lag. And weird join in progress problems. etc etc. (using 1.05 and 1.07 latest build).

I suspect it will take the same amount of time for ArmA to become stable as it did for OFP. (either because of coding or because at that time systems able to cope with ArmA are more affordable and common). So a couple of months from now and maybe (although I would rather see a solid OFP2) they can look into performance charts for vids cards?