Sign in to follow this  
maukings

1.7 beta impressions

Game doesn't run any smoother as far as I can tell. A10 is cool and kills tank very very easily with the cannon. It only takes a single burst. Also, when i go into scope mode it compresses my widescreen and boxes the scope which is pretty annoying. I don't know why the hell it would do that rather than covering the whole screen.

EDIT:

You CAN use the nade launcher sight

Edit 2:

Nade launcher sight will NOT work with mapfact weapon crates. This is not bis fault

ws.jpg

probably becuase it's not possible to get a perfect circle radius on a widescreen without squashing it into an oval.....but yeah that looks pretty silly to me reverting to 4:3 for scope view icon_rolleyes.gif

I think there's no other way to get circle on widescreen monitor than the current fix and this:

wsbd8.jpg

At least they could make the stripes on sides dark grey, just as the scope is.

1st impressions, No grass!!, everything is darker but more detail, textures take longer to load, performance as good as the last Beta. Im happy with my 1st impressions  smile_o.gif

Edit: hmm was no grass on 1st server i went on, but was on 2nd, can it be turned off server side? icon_rolleyes.gif

Since the other 1.7 beta thread is full of spam we could try using this one for real patch feedback!

If a moderator would agree and help keeping the spam away it would be nice.. please, stick this discussion to 1.7 beta impressions only please!

I havent had much time with this latest beta patch but so far i dont like it and i hope the final version will make the game look great again.

The reason being the graphic quality, it looks alot worse than all previous versions!

[*] The trees look ugly over distance, much lower detailed and flicker alot, their lighting/textures also flickers more and looks erratic. (i just checked and compared around Somato and it looks terrible now).

[*] Most shadows are gone above normal i believe? most buildings and vegetation no longer cast any shadows..

[*] Performance decreased crazy_o.gif , even with the ugly trees and shadows that are no longer there the game doesnt feel so smooth anymore in places like forests.

The AK74 recoil was fixed and the last 1 or 2 rounds of a magazine no longer sound like 3 when fired in burst mode but the 3 round burst fire rate of the M16 is way too slow now.

The little protec's on the SF models... Boonies and caps would have been a better choice but that is just imo (saboteurs).

Tank comander MG in turned out position, not much better confused_o.gif , i think the hmmwv, UAZ and other vehicles with mounted MG's would be a better reference to get these MG's done wright.

<span style='color:blue'>C2D E6600, 2 gig PC6400 RAM, 8800GTX.</span>

All settings on high except post filter and shadder detail, i havent encountered anything serious in my limited play time so far but for playing im sticking with 1.5beta for better performance and higher graphical quality, sorry.

8800GTS, lower FPS and overall performance, flickering cockpit and uniform textures, ridiculously longer loading times, something is F'ed with the action menu, getting some weird kind of freeze sometimes when I hit escape it says receiving forever and thats it, sooooooo overall it just introduced tons of new problems and lower performance than the last beta which I thought was fairly solid. At least I can play with my friends with the US copy now.

I got a huge peformance boost, everything looks and works a lot better, my settings are all on normal and it looks like very high before the patch, but without lagging.

I only entcounter one bug, the grass arround the player unit is only shown in a short distance so I am dragging arround this grass circle whenever I move, it makes it kind of anoying playing on the norhtern island, but this bug has been there from the beginning.

8800GTS, lower FPS and overall performance, flickering cockpit and uniform textures, ridiculously longer loading times, something is F'ed with the action menu, getting some weird kind of freeze sometimes when I hit escape it says receiving forever and thats it, sooooooo overall it just introduced tons of new problems and lower performance than the last beta which I thought was fairly solid. At least I can play with my friends with the US copy now.

It seems like mostly us 8800 users who are getting the problems, the game is unplayable for me the only way I can play is to go back and use a non-beta patch but then there is ridiculous amount of fog so its not very good either, not at all impressed and looks like I wont be playing Arma again for a long time.

mad_o.gif

8800GTS, lower FPS and overall performance, flickering cockpit and uniform textures, ridiculously longer loading times, something is F'ed with the action menu, getting some weird kind of freeze sometimes when I hit escape it says receiving forever and thats it, sooooooo overall it just introduced tons of new problems and lower performance than the last beta which I thought was fairly solid.

I can second this part of the posting absolutely.

Have the same GFX card and the experience the very same.

+ the Icons in the map sometimes are plain yellow sqares

+ sometimes i have no cockpit textures at all

performance is up here, finally can play at 1440*900

Only bug I have atm is that I cannot hear everybody only some with VoN, strange stuff.

Ports are open, no firewall and all with 1.07b

Can someone post a screenshot of the new grenade launcher optics? Is it just a reticle or does it work in ironsight mode? I am really curious.

@paragraphic l: please post your specs (also to all who post comments)

@Kwato: pics are already in the photo thread

I just experienced the infamous LOD/texture "problem" on this system for the first time while flying, patch 1.7b deleted and back to 1.5beta where i never had a single problem. Everything is good again confused_o.gif .

I regret to not have taken some screens though...

Same thing reported by another user, sudden increase in HD activity, textures gone wrong, menu buttons got plain grey.

Leaf M203 sights are up all the time and block ironsight in M16... in this case im sad that BIS actually considered the GL sights.

M4A1 ACOG is still firing in burst mode...

Im scared sad_o.gif .

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M3800 Notebook:

Intel Pentium M 740 (1.73 GHz)

1024MB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GO 6800 GS

Realtek HD Audio

New features in 1.07:

- LOD bugs

- missing textures

- flickering textures

- unnamed independent vulcan (editor)

- idiotic mapped keys for my joystick(unchangeable?) <- ?!?! *WTF*

---

I give it up... Thanks BIS, good work.

MfG Lee

System:

Athlon 2800 XP

1 Gig Ram

GeForce 7600 GT AGP

WinXP

patched from Morphicon DVD , with 1.5 patch applied.

I have been able to significantly raise my viewdistance and put textures on "high" as the performance boost from 1.07 is significant for me. All is very fluent, even in dense woods I have no lag at all.

The texture bug is totally gone. I have no more LOD errors, no matter how hard I stressed the engine.

Sometimes there is still a light delay in loading textures for distant objects but it´s a very minor effect.

I had some messages about missing .paa´s when loading the armory submission, but I have to check again.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised and am very happy with the additions and the fixes. Have tested for about 2 hours now, mostly playing my own missions as I know how they performed with 1.05, so I could check for improvements.

This patch definately improved my game.

Thank you BIS.

Almost back to that OFP feeling again. Hardly LOD's anymore, smoother graphis. HELO's are better to control. Small performance improvements.

Xp 3800 X2 - 7950 GT - Win XP 1GB

I just experienced the infamous LOD/texture "problem" on this system for the first time while flying, patch 1.7b deleted and back to 1.5beta where i never had a single problem. Everything is good again confused_o.gif .

I regret to not have taken some screens though...

Same thing reported by another user, sudden increase in HD activity, textures gone wrong, menu buttons got plain grey.

Leaf M203 sights are up all the time and block ironsight in M16... in this case im sad that BIS actually considered the GL sights.

M4A1 ACOG is still firing in burst mode...

Im scared sad_o.gif .

Yea after more time on the 1.7 i want toreturn to 1.5 beta.

Do i just delete the beta folder and beta exe and put my 1.5's back in?

If you are going to talk about a patch made for Armed Assault, please at least get the version number of the patch right.

If you are going to talk about a patch made for Armed Assault, please at least get the version number of the patch right.

1.07 1.05, happy now?

This was a much need boost for me, not only performance wise, but generally too. the new faces are awesome, I think face47 or around there is an updated face of Victor Troska.

Victor.jpg

When I saw "aiming viewpoint can be described separately from barrel" I knew it had something to do with the M203 launcher.

Unfortunately I was also right that this "new viewpoint" was going to be fixed in relation to the barrel. Thus we have 203 sights that are fixed at one range. Now I imagine BIS is gunna dust their hands and walk away considering this half-fix to be a full fix.

You guys should post your issues to the bug tracker or here in a mroe usable form. They're releasing this beta patch in order to iron out as many bugs as they can on all platforms before they release the actual patch. Don't take it like these are final features, it's a beta! The bugs you are experiencing may not make it into the 1.07 release, and the feature problems you are describing may be fixed, and solutions revamped.