Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

Lee, how come you still have the fog bug? It´s gone here with the 165.01 drivers.

That is not foggy?.

This is the original fog bug , its better now but not 100% fixed.

I saw this bug earlier, but it shows very often with 1.07b

Looks like the terrain streaming has some problems.

After ~1 second this bug is gone, but few hundret meters away it shows again.

Is this widescreen ( 16:10 ) releated or another ArmA/GF8800 problem?

MfG Lee

I never saw this bug in any version from 1.0 to 1.07.

Must be a problem with the drivers for GF8800 cards. I use an GeForce 7600GS with 512MB, always with the latest official drivers.

Ok i shall review the new(ish) feature of the laser targeting.

Ok i love the prospect of proper las targeting and am glad this patch has gone a long way to improve this, yet there is a huge problem with the harriers reactions during targeting and bombimg these targets still, the main one that they seem to bomb way to low and in tests about 30-40 times out of 50 will be killed by the explosion of their bomb, to compund this i have also witnessed them crash for no apparent reason after bomb release when they have not been damaged themselves.

The tests i have conducted have been on Ramadhi, varying targets in varying positions on the island (from the town to defilades), me as a spec ops recon, and up to four harriers coming from different angles at the island, (2 of these where grouped, i was not grouped to any).

The first test conducted was against four T72's on the airfield, two harriers incoming. - This was where i found the first problem. The harriers on bomb run were shot down very very quickly as they were coming in way to low and way way to slow, every single harrier i targeted for was shot down before completing the bomb run rarely getting to the point of releasing bombs, and if they did they lost target after bailing out and bombs went astray.- Only once in about 20 tries did a bomb hit the target. The T72's just completely mashed up any plane that flew towards them as they were just to slow.

As an example i then flew the harrier myself low towards them at a high speed, (i can hit laser targets going over 700kph) which was just over 600kph, i only recieved about 2 or 3 hits from the four tanks. - This was proof enough for me that the speed was the major problem, (tried full speed in waypoint also no change) another factor may have been the targeting of the T72's was to good for a fast moving object like that. (though i will confess my knowledge of what it could do in that regard is poor)

Moving on i then tried lots of infantry and urals with only one UAZ mg, and placed them in the town, easy meat (but at a cost crazy_o.gif ).

I set up on a hill to the east and Lasered up a spot in the town. The first two harriers collided in mid air over the town   huh.gif moving on the next harrier dropped it's bomb fine and hit dead on, but was caught in it's own blast and crashed. Next three harriers same result, next harrier was shot down by the UAZ  banghead.gif , this was the theme for the next 15 minutes, only three harriers managed to bomb properly and not die, (out of around 50) i have a suspision they were damaged though.

Also sometimes they ignored my las target completely and used their cannon on the trucks (which they seemed ok at).

Have tried them with flyinheight 200, 500 and 1000, at 1000 they don't seem to bomb, (well maybe got bored after waiting 5 mins) at 500 they can't pull up from their dive and crash, 200 seemed the best with a few surviving (but never completing more than 2 bomb runs), the ones that survive mainly have their bomb run over completely flat terrain (i know Ramadhi is pretty flat but i mean real flat)

This has not been encouraging.

Next i have tried flying the harrier myself to see if there is any improvent in AI lasering off targets. The AI recon would laser targets but there was a problem with the target dissapearing just as i was on the bomb run (about 1 time in 2), it actually dissapears often when i press fire to drop the bombs (could the button be clashing like the others?), there was no obscuring of the target either it was on flat airfield.

I have also noticed that the with AI lasering bombs sometimes do not end up that close sometimes (well close but not direct hit close) as an example with my brother lasering i have had many many direct hits in a row, literally right on top (got good enough to take out the any building in front with a second bomb on the same run smile_o.gif )

Overall i was pleased with the amount they targeted even if it was a slight lottery still.

Have many more tests planned but busy with RL, will let you know of anything of note that i find, BTW if you find a way of getting really consistant bombing then call me a silly ass and let me know how, also i wish i could show you videos but my framerate will not allow it sad_o.gif

Will be looking at the TOW missiles in depth aswell as i must admit i am slightly confused by them now.

PS thanks for the haze removal, at last 3000m can be seen, why waste that lovely scenery behind haze.

Best regards

Bootleg

Lee, how come you still have the fog bug? It´s gone here with the 165.01 drivers.

That is not foggy?.

This is the original fog bug , its better now but not 100% fixed.

Hmmm for me is completely gone with 1.07:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8428/nofog107rq7.jpg

I was talking about the fog that started around 400m, not the distant haze that was removed with 1.05 beta.

1.05 (non-beta)

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/779/fogmania105fx6.jpg

Once I set HDRprecision to 16 or 32, I get some of that medium distance fog back, but not as much as in 1.05.

wtf that is proper fixed!?. You must be using Vista?.

Nope, thats XP Pro (32 bit) with a 8800GTX and the 165.01 beta drivers.

GENTS,

quick question. i am still using 1.04 version b/c i am enjoying the great performace i am getting. after reading this, and choose to stay behind.

i want the A10 and new special forces. when i try to install the patch, to get to the addon files where i plan to grab the stuff i want.

it wont install, its telling me 105 is required. how/where can i trick my game so the patch "thinks" im on 105 and will create the bete folder?

Well I dont know how you've completely got rid of fog, I've just installed those drivers and as you can see there is still more fog than yours.

banghead.gif

I tried changing HDR back to 8 no change either still white mountains, ffs now you've got me going again lol, I thought everyone at least had "slight" fog using 8800, this game is just too damn random.

Well I dont know how you've completely got rid of fog, I've just installed those drivers and as you can see there is still more fog than yours.

banghead.gif

I tried changing HDR back to 8 no change either still white mountains, ffs now you've got me going again lol, I thought everyone at least had "slight" fog using 8800, this game is just too damn random.

I really don´t know, but like I said I´m using HDRprecision 8, and my brightness is set to 1.5, and gamma is set to 0.8. These values fit best to my LCD screen and my "taste" of HDR. I´m pretty sure these settings (brightness/gamma) might have an effect on the fog, and one more thing, when I made the screeenshots I set the weather to perfectly clear, and no fog both current and future, and time was 12.30 midday.

karl76, where did you get the 165 beta drivers? I clicked "Beta Drivers" on nVidia.com, but it didn't list them.

karl76, where did you get the 165 beta drivers? I clicked "Beta Drivers" on nVidia.com, but it didn't list them.

It was a leaked beta, not a public beta like on nzone.com or nvidia.com but the download links in this thread should still work:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89885

and they are here as well:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/xp

Still doesn't work on fucking sprocket

Yeah mines isn't working either with this new patch...

anyone had sucess with the Sprocket 1.05 (UK) version for this patch?

i could only think of 1 thing that makes difference between 8800 users: Drivers crazy_o.gif

last night when i start trying different drivers is got problems all over the place, and each version creat their own problems

Has the AI unable to navigate on bridge bug been solved in 1.07 beta ?

I don't see anything in the changelog concerning this issue.

Thx,

Nah they still have problems going over and seem to either stutter or turn left or right into the rails. The ai is well scared crossing bridges it seems, vertigo perhaps? Really should be sorted out as it really is a big bug concerned with making missions where you need ai to get their arses over a bridge!

GENTS,

quick question.  i am still using 1.04 version b/c i am enjoying the great performace i am getting.  after reading this, and choose to stay behind.

i want the A10 and new special forces.  when i try to install the patch, to get to the addon files where i plan to grab the stuff i want.

it wont install, its telling me 105 is required.  how/where can i trick my game so the patch "thinks" im on 105 and will create the bete folder?

you need to install version 1.05 patch first.

All GF8800 user, please try this:

In the ArmA.cfg set the nonlocalVRAM= to "0"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nonlocalVRAM=0

Just tested this and got no LOD or Texture errors.

Please report your results here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1068341

MfG Lee

will have a go for this, but notthing is 100% sure

BUG with the RHIB:

When you play as a gunner, you can't move or aim both in first person and third person. You are just stuck... UNLESS you press V to be in "aim" mode...

Try it, it will make more sense to you.

Nobody has the same problem ? ? ? help.gif

can someone PLEASE! test that and tell me if he encounters the same or if I am the only one with the problem?

seems to be a confirm as there is same issus on the other vehicales, i am not at home so i cant test it now

Quick question, has AI been tweaked again. I put the game to bed after 1.05 due to my squadmates being retarded whilst the enemies being super smart (I couldn't physically do the spec op mission destroying tanks due to the guard tower snipers seeing me whatever I did)

Quick question, has AI been tweaked again. I put the game to bed after 1.05 due to my squadmates being retarded whilst the enemies being super smart (I couldn't physically do the spec op mission destroying tanks due to the guard tower snipers seeing me whatever I did)

They do act different, haven't done that much testing but they definitely behave differently than before. They seem to move around better for one.