Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

first thing to do: try out another DL from another mirror, see if the problem still there, make sure that all the mods/addons/etc are on a different folder from normal game folder

Wait?! Huh!? well that is your choice.

I will backup my current 1.05 even though I do not have to. The previous beta version was fine. Once that is done. I can test 1.07 with zero fear and help BIS if I can report any bugs.

Because once 1.07 is official no we may have to wait 2 or 3 months before the next patch. I don't want to wait to get the Helicopter bug fixed or any of the other bugs with high votes fixed.

Thank you BIS for the opportunity to give you constructive feedback. And thank you for including the server version as well.

Download complete.

I got the same thing with the US atari version. The patch kept finding errors in the weapons.pbo and wheeled.pbo

maybe you need the US patch and not the international? idk... im probably just blabbing my mouth...

Quote[/b] ]Thank you BIS for the opportunity to give you constructive feedback. And thank you for including the server version as well.

Hooah to that.

Ok was just playing a MP mission when i died and repspawned i started to get the texture bugs again, Im sure it has nothing to do with my 8800 as all worked perfect in 1.05+ when i clicked to turn the settings onto high and not very high my game crashed.

I got the same thing with the US atari version. The patch kept finding errors in the weapons.pbo and wheeled.pbo

maybe you need the US patch and not the international? idk... im probably just blabbing my mouth...

Thought that the patch was universal? It detects that I have the US online version just fine then I get the errors

Well problem is sloved!

Just check if you have enought space on the HDD where ArmA is installed...

Damn it why does this patch do net check automatically, if there is enough space.

I'm impressed how well the AI flies A-10.

It's actually using all its weapons against ground targets.

I'm impressed how well the AI flies A-10.

It's actually using all its weapons against ground targets.

Thats Awesome... Cant wait to try it!

Fast Paced thread here BTW.

I guess it would be very helpful for those who ran into issues to be precise when reporting trouble with the patch.

This means:

1. From which version did you patch ?

2. Do you have a box release. If so which one ?

3. Do you have a downloaded version. If so which one ?

4. What Gfx drivers are you running the patched version with ?

5. Do you run with Gfx driver default settings or have you altered them for performance reasons ?

6. Are your Arma settings configured right ? Maybe resetting them and reenabling the old ones afterwards would be an idea ?

7. Do you have custom addons installed ? Try to get rid of them and try again.

I guess it just causes a lot of confusion if uncommented reports come in here by the second.

In order to keep it sorted it would be nice if you could check all the above points and post correspondingly. Not that I say it´s an obligation but it certainly would be helpfull for the com and BIS.

Well something is very f**ked up regarding viewdistance, everything is fine at 2000m but as soon as I try 2500 I get major hdd spam, obviously the higher I go the worse it gets.

It's all very well having lovely view distances but it doesn't really mean anything if you cant use them ffs...

banghead.gif

I guess it would be very helpful for those who ran into issues to be precise when reporting trouble with the patch.

This means:

1. From which version did you patch ?

2. Do you have a box release. If so which one ?

3. Do you have a downloaded version. If so which one ?

4. What Gfx drivers are you running the patched version with ?

5. Do you run with Gfx driver default settings or have you altered them for performance reasons ?

6. Are your Arma settings configured right ? Maybe resetting them and reenabling the old ones afterwards would be an idea ?

I guess it just causes a lot of confusion if uncommented reports come in here by the second.

In order to keep it sorted it would be nice if you could check all the above points and post correspondingly. Not that I say it´s an obligation but it certainly would be helpfull for the com and BIS.

Yes, this is very good hint.

Posting "damn it doesn't run" "damn, it's terrible" has got zero value for most of readers. Frustration can be handled in many other ways.

What could help is specific and exact reports of any problems (esp. new problems) observed.

WTF!!!! banghead.gif I get serveral errors while patching...

I reinstalled and patched the whole game 2 time's and i still can't install the patch correctly!!

Check that you are not running out of disk space. The updater says "checksum incorrect" instead of "no space left".

1. From which version did you patch ? The older beta patch

2. Do you have a box release. If so which one ? No

3. Do you have a downloaded version. If so which one ? German online (metaboli)

4. What Gfx drivers are you running the patched version with ? 160.03 win xp

5. Do you run with Gfx driver default settings or have you altered them for performance reasons ? vsync off

6. Are your Arma settings configured right ? Maybe resetting them and reenabling the old ones afterwards would be an idea ? same as before

Special forces from US and East side only have pistols now, and Guards from independants have no weapons at all

Not for me. They are armed as normal. Although the west spec ops now appear to be wearing bicycle helmets. Weird, but if that's what they wear, that's what they wear smile_o.gif

I have the Australian release 1.04, patched to 1.05 with the international patch, now running the 1.07 Beta (International).

Special forces from US and East side only have pistols now, and Guards from independants have no weapons at all

Not for me. They are armed as normal. Although the west spec ops now appear to be wearing bicycle helmets. Weird, but if that's what they wear, that's what they wear smile_o.gif

I have the Australian release 1.04, patched to 1.05 with the international patch, now running the 1.07 Beta (International).

I had a bug like that a while ago... had to do with an Addon I was using, forgot which one... Anyways it appeard only after i installed patch 1.05

Poeple thats its working for post your specs so we can compaire.. Im also running 159. something forceware drivers for my 8800 going to test it with the 165. something drivers to see if my texture problem goes away.

1.04 UK = 1.05 = 1.05+ = 1.07beta

All wored 1.05+

Specs in Sig

i think Suma and Maruk is getting a little pissed right now biggrin_o.gif

not offending guys, i think they are just a bit tired on getting error (no matter what reason) all the time, i might get it test some 30min from now, wish me luck wink_o.gif

Poeple thats its working for post your specs so we can compaire.. Im also running 159. something forceware drivers for my 8800 going to test it with the 165. something drivers to see if my texture problem goes away.

1.04 UK = 1.05 = 1.05+ = 1.07beta

All wored 1.05+

Specs in Sig

try back 158.22 if you using XP, that patch is a dream for 8800 user

Hmm, given it a quick go. The Armoury is cool, looks like the AH-6 will attack stuff now. Performance is way up, but it also looks like graphics are way down, is everyone else not getting shadows for trees and buildings anymore? It's like High shadow settings are what low was before but without shadows for trees and smoke etc.

beta107error1wo0.jpg

<s>First bug I ran into

All US forces have this in the Editor and I cant use preview, get the same error again

Update my German game from last beta

Boxed version</s>

Without user-content no problem!

Funny thing to see your controler shake when you don't expect it to be :P

Well it is stated that this beta is to gather as much feedback as possible, and a good error or good bug reported in the appropriate manner is valuable feedback in my eyes.

No problems for me installing and playing.

Before I installed, I renamed the old beta bat file and beta folder, then installed the new beta.

Hi, can anyone confirm is the new beta patch can be installed over the top of 1.05+ ? Or shall i delete the beta folder + shortcut?

Cheers =)

Ok, I have A VERY fast system, 8800 GTX, 2 gigs ram etc etc etc. Bit it and attempted this patch install on my U.S. version. Installed flawlessly.  Since I am just starting the games campaigne( playing the sp missions/co op etc mp), still in the 1st mission. I noticed that the A.I. drivers are smoother on the roads.

And it generally FEELS  like I am seeing a performance boost, ala when aiming for example. Smoother mouse feel.

I went into the Preview Weaps etc area. Pleasantly surprised to see I have the ability to try the ACOG now.  Went in and defended against incoming.   The A.I. looked like real peeps in the distance. They went to ground as I started on them. And they returned fire. Their accuracy response time felt RIGHT.

It wasn`t that "they spotted me and immediately took me out with insane pcgame A.I. accuracy" thing. It really felt right.  So far I am really digging this patch.  Have not seen any glitches to speak of so far.

Really hoping we get the ability to turn off tracers.