Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Non-blinding sun mod

I remember the first time I started up the Arma demo (cti), I spawned and was instantly annoyed with the sun flare that filled the whole damn screen. I've been playing with my Ca.pbo file and came up with this:

hdr1.jpg

cloudy

hdr2.jpg

sunrise, just before the full flare kicks in

hdr3.jpg

sunrise with clouds

hdr4.jpg

staring straight at the sun like a crazy person might

hdr5.jpg

Is the flare still too big? I could make it smaller but some resolution would be lost. I would also like to add the high-res cloud mod from ofp and maybe play with a few things before a release. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

I like it. It's almost like you're squinting while looking at the sun.

Good job!

Abs

ooooh, it's beautiful inlove.gif too much i think , those russians are gonna kill me while i'm watching the landscapes

I just use right mouse click to disable the sun blinding me smile_o.gif

good job sir... seems much better though i never complaint with original ones, this one, is really an improvement. very2 pretty

thumbs-up.gif

Looks really good man. I would love to see it in action thumbs-up.gif

less "tactial" then in normal arma when you really have to watch out where you attacking from, but this seems more real.

Please release it open source so other mods can include them without needing to contact you (ofcourse with adding credits)..

then it might be used much more.. looking forward to this.

Would love to include in my mods.. when i make one wink_o.gif

hey , have you tried the new 1.07 patch , i think BIS just read your mind ...

eerrr no , it seems i'm wrong , but from the outside of a flying chopper the sun doesn't bright so much as when you are on the ground

People want a realistic game but a blinding sun is too much realism for them?

It adds an entire new tactical element to the game. Setting up an ambush against another team in MP, you position the ambush so they will be fighting into the sun.

Also I don't know if you have realized but if you look at the sun it IS blinding and hard to look at without killing your eyes.

I will instal this as soon as it comes out. The sun as it is now sucks big time. Keep up the good work. biggrin_o.gif

I want to keep the Sun the way it is.

But I would like someone to MOD in Sun Glases. I do think real life armies have them.

In my tournament if we had them, then we can charge a cost to them and make them part of strategy during the purchase of assets phase.

I hope 1.07 didn't change the sun too much.

hmmm... I almost agree that the BIS glare affect is probably a bit too much, but as pretty and amzing as this is I think its a bit far in the other direction. Needs to retain a bit of the blinding nature of the sun.

However as an alternative it a great job!

I appreciate the effort, but I really don't like it.

A blinding sun (especially when close to the horizon) adds a whole new tactical element.

As an example; Yesterday I was in a dogfight (A-10 vs Su-34) and every time my opponent flew towards the sun I completely lost track of him, this is a great tactic for shaking someone off your tail and I feel it should be left in game.

It could also be applied for ambushes, hit and run (strike from the sun, flee towards the sun), sniper teams, general assaults and so on.

Very nice mod. Could it perhaps be made into a sunglass mod where you simply raise/lower the glasses?

Reason I'm asking is that the default effects are reallistic too.

update...something I'm working on

damage1.jpg

damage2.jpg

damage3.jpg

Hadn't done the smaller textures yet so tires still use old texture. Anyways, release coming soon...

Nice, now it dont look like some one spit balled the vehical once it blew up, dont get me wrong but i hated the crumble effect of ofp, and i now kinda hate the total rust effect in arma, this would be a nice add....

keep up the good work!!

But, for some suggestions, maybe u can add some holes from bullets/shrapnel, and maybe add a hole or two from rockets maybe??

here comes the bananan man!!!!!

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

first a working reddot, now this! how could i not loves you addon makers!inlove.gif

Brilliant!! Loving the new destroyed textures! Can't wait till you get rid of the tyre textures. biggrin_o.gif