Sign in to follow this  
BadBone

Favourite ArmA roll?

Hey all smile_o.gif Whats your Fav roll in ArmA?

I dont have time to join a clan atm (kids!wink_o.gif so im what you would call " Rambo " i guess as i play mainly on Berzerks Hold servers.

I love the thrill of hunting other armored vehicles in a tank, takeing my time moving from cover under trees to more trees and knowing damn well that guy i just shot in a T72 is gonna come over one of the many hills im scanning in the distance hunting me down in another T72 any moment nener.gif will he see me first, or me him? Then a flat out drive into the middle of good cover to make a spli..( cough ) rolly, then leave the safety of my cover feeling a bit more jumpy than when i entered.........i fecking loves it inlove.gif ty BIS

I like to be the pilot of a helicopter or the leader of a small infantry element. Failing that, I like to be the commander or driver of some vehicle. As my friends can tell you, I'm a bossy mf'er and a prima donna.

Support gunner and scout. Still working on my piloting, I find it hard to land quickly enough to make it useful.

Commander and gunner in heavy armoured vehicles.

Hey all smile_o.gif Whats your Fav roll

Oh you must mean role biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

I was going to say egg & bacon.

But in the light of the replies I must admit to liking the role of - ordinary grunt. Yep, I like to get in & dirty as a rifleman, I've always liked to play it at the front line. Sometimes I try out the machinegunner, just as sometimes I like to try out roast beef & horseradish sauce.

Hey all  smile_o.gif  Whats your Fav roll

Oh you must mean role biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

I was going to say egg & bacon.

But in the light of the replies I must admit to liking the role of - ordinary grunt. Yep, I like to get in & dirty as a rifleman, I've always liked to play it at the front line. Sometimes I try out the machinegunner, just as sometimes I like to try out roast beef & horseradish sauce.

Ah yea, role, oops!

I seem to be crap at close quarters combat, espesially in towns, dunno why but i seem to have a bad kill/death ratio on foot!

Well since tanks in ArmA are a joke both in terms of realism and physics, I would say that I enjoy being navigator/co-pilot and helicopter gunnery most at the moment.

i prefer the pills with the little heart on them, gets ya real fucked up

Transport/ attack heli pilot wink_o.gif

Sniper/ scout also biggrin_o.gif

Well since tanks in ArmA are a joke both in terms of realism and physics, I would say that I enjoy being navigator/co-pilot and helicopter gunnery most at the moment.

Is that avatar that guy off myth busters icon_rolleyes.gif

I kinda do the "spetsnaz" job. You find me outnumbered, behind enemy lines, silent and sneaky.. always behind you, accurate and sharp. Well that is if I play the game ...

No Im not being narcistic. tounge2.gif

Other than that... I would be a tank gunner if I had not to agree with Opteryx ...

Just being a random soldier..

I can also drive pretty well, and in the absence of a decent squadleader i could lead a small squad aswell (Real people but i also know the AI pretty well, sometimes they are more reliable then real people tounge2.gif ). But i prefer just to do what im told. smile_o.gif

Hi all

Platoon or company commander or best of all battalion comander. After that I like like working artilery and CAS as the FO/FAC and best of all as the FDC comander.

Kind Regards walker

I enjoy medic the best as even with my awful shooting skills I can still be of use following fire teams round. And its always nice to get a thank you after running across the map to enable someone to walk again thumbs-up.gifpistols.gif

Is that avatar that guy off myth busters icon_rolleyes.gif

Can people please stop commenting/asking so much about my avatar and keep yourself focused on the topic?

Thank you.

1. Transport Helo Pilot

2. Attack Helo Pilot

3. Support Infantry (Automatic Rifleman, AT, Sniper, etc)

Basically, I enjoy supporting or being part of well organized squads. Comming in to save the day, flying CAS for your buddies is great stuff..

Hi all

Interesting thread just goes to show ArmA is unlike other games; it is not just a run and gun game.

Kind Regards walker

In Sp I enjoy just about every role.

In MP -stealth.I like to watch and wait the front line attackers and either flank or get behind enemies. I'm not a crack shot yet but have a knack for getting in the middle of enemy camp pistols.gif

I prefer a Recon/Scouting/Information gather role.

Sure, I may not get kills but i do get something more important, information on enemy positions and patrols.

I kick ass at everything, so I"m a jack-of-all trades. tounge2.gif

goodnight.gif

Those who have experienced firsthand "Cameron's Stunting Airlines" will know for sure.

Nothing beats an independent Sniper/Spotter Team with lots of COC Arty Support at their disposal.(is COC working on an Arma Version btw walker?). Without arty, it is rather ghey. Although, it is much more fun when the sniper spotter team is very skilled.

Failing that, i quite like leading a squad/section sized element in multiplayer. How enjoyable that is, is usually determined by how competent your sub-element leaders and other squad members are. Same goes with Platoon and Complany Leader, but the more people you have under your command, the bigger the chances someone will do something silly.

Another thing i enjoy is playing the Platoon or Company Sergeant in an organised multiplayer game. The best part of it is being able to shout abuse at people at a rate which would shame Drill Sergeant Hartman, and getting away with it all.

Hi ryankaplan

ArmA and proper artillery hmm what are the posibilities? biggrin_o.gif

Who knows what people are working on? biggrin_o.gif

Kind Regards walker