Sign in to follow this  
txalin

New incredible shots!!

[im]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3051/48b062f9be0e4b60d8c3c30pr1.jpg[/img]

wow!

Bis, is this shot ingame? is it photoshoped? please, answer this, if it is ingame then you are my new gods!!!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

**edit**

I forget the link... smile_o.gifhttp://www.gamepro.de/news...._2.html

Um, operation flashpoint2? ps3? is this from BIS or from codemasters? huh.gif i didn't know german... tounge2.gif

OMFG!!! i am finding it hard to belive that these are real, plz bis confirm or put to rest please, my imagination is going crazy looking at this potential screenie!

Google translation:

Actually it knows each fan already for a long time, but is also official now: Codemasters announced today operation Flashpoint 2. Planned Erscheinungstermin is 2008 for all important consoles. As one expects it from operation a Flashpoint, you get a Multiplayer Kriegssimulation in a current scenario, put on on large yardstick, in this play. The play feeling should be as only possible thereby as realistically. A large selection of military disciplines makes it for you possible to find your own role in the battle. As diagram engine a Shooter variant of the neon engines is used. Which can do those, at present Screenshots and videos of Colin McRae Dirt show. Codemasters in the course of this summer would like to publish further information to operation Flashpoint 2. For fans there is besides new type character on the official homepage. Armed Assault should have become originally a successor for operation Flashpoint. Codemasters was however already promptly dissatisfied with the slow function of developer Bohemia Interactive. Therefore the manufacturer already began its own operation of a Flashpoint successor before two years with the development, while the programmers of the original had to publish their play under another name.

Seems to be OFP2 from Codemasters. Good visual quality, but they didn't say any word regarding playability.

Great picture!

It is from OFP 2 and I thought OFP 2 had nothing to do with BIS, was I wrong?

Ai, I barely can read German, but this doesn't look nice for BIS:

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault hätte ursprünglich ein Nachfolger für Operation Flashpoint werden sollen. Codemasters war aber schon frühzeitig mit der langsamen Arbeitsweise von Entwickler Bohemia Interactive unzufrieden. Deswegen begann der Hersteller bereits vor zwei Jahren mit der Entwicklung eines eigenen Operation Flashpoint-Nachfolgers, während die Programmierer des Originals ihr Spiel unter einem anderen Namen veröffentlichen mussten.

Anyway, I think the pic is true and not Photoshopped, as this is the Graphics of nextgen games, on PS3, on XBOX360 and DX10 pc...

Ai, I barely can read German, but this doesn't look nice for BIS:
Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault hätte ursprünglich ein Nachfolger für Operation Flashpoint werden sollen. Codemasters war aber schon frühzeitig mit der langsamen Arbeitsweise von Entwickler Bohemia Interactive unzufrieden. Deswegen begann der Hersteller bereits vor zwei Jahren mit der Entwicklung eines eigenen Operation Flashpoint-Nachfolgers, während die Programmierer des Originals ihr Spiel unter einem anderen Namen veröffentlichen mussten.

Anyway, I think the pic is true and not Photoshopped, as this is the Graphics of nextgen games, on PS3, on XBOX360 and DX10 pc...

Same issue as always, codemasters has the name, BIS has the quality tounge2.gif

I don't think that this is going to be a problem to BIS, this game is for console, and i hope that Game2 will be for PC

I'll say what I said in the other thread...

...I don't like the look of the Marines, look like they waltzed right out of GRAW, changed helmets, got a MARPAT spraypaint job and grabbed an SR25 and some FUBAR'd SMG.

When is this game set again? 2010?

The scenery, however, kicks ass. Pity they chose the USMC, I have nothing against them, of course, but I find the Army much more interesting.

And also - this probably shouldn't be in this area of the forums, since Codemasters is doing Operation Flashpoint 2, and BIS is doing Game2, right? huh.gif

right, but i didn't know german, that's why i put it here wink_o.gif

literal translation

Quote[/b] ]Already in the early stages of OFP 2 development, Codemasters were dissatisfied with the slowness of the developing studio BIS. For that reason Codemasters started its own development of the sequel to Operation Flashpoint, whereas the programmers of the orginal had to publish under a new name.

or my translation of this outrageous "spin doctor's" statement:

Quote[/b] ]Codemasters pressured the original developers to quickly cough up more commercial and less challenging expansions of the original engine without major development time. The programmers of the original refused to do this and were even so stubborn to continue support of OFP1:Resistance up until version 1.96 of the original exe FOR FREE.

off course, Codemasters is totally free to make a better graphics engine ... but I really wonder about AI management in this environment

Nice picture, but I would like know, which studio doing this game.

I agree with you: "Seems to be OFP2 from Codemasters. Good visual quality, but they didn't say any word regarding playability."

Well looks nice but is it artwork or an ingame shot which i really doubt.

http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2/uk/operationflashpoint2.php

...and this thread belongs to offtopic I think...

in that picture there is much detail in close distance yes, but it seems according to that picture that the detailed graphics stop quite quickly and it then changes into a dull background. So question is, how far is the practical fighting distance?

It is artwork, not a screenshot icon_rolleyes.gif

Very good artwork though.

I bet it's in-game. I've seen a lot of ARMA pics that look as good if not better than this. The environment looks nice though, but not that much better.

Hm this looks very interesting to say the least.

I had started to doubt we were ever going to see the project from Codemasters.

Why is this thread even here? This isn't "Next Generation PC Game" its quite hoenstly off-topic. This has nothing to do with BIS's Game 2 wink_o.gif

Yap, please go to the other topic, as it is OT and not the Next Generation... smile_o.gif Closing.