Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

VBS2 Trailer!

engines are supposed to be "nearly" same ...

just what's in package is way way better plus tons of other stuff smile_o.gif

i'm sure that there is small chance some of VBS2 improvements "drops" to ArmA over time ...

Quote[/b] ]i'm sure that there is small chance some of VBS2 improvements "drops" to ArmA over time ...

I sincerely hope you are right, it would be pointless not to if ArmA has no problems with it, where theres a will there a way wink_o.gif

Best R's

Bootleg

BIS has planed to include Mission Editor 3D to ArmA, but he probably resigned. You still can find a few remaining elements in editor data.

Will try and put it onto youtube, providing BI don't shoot me, wait out. (this may take a while)

any update? tounge2.gif

Seriously, a real time editor and 3D editor would make my arma days so much happier. Tracers would be nice too.

wow_o.gif

Makes you want to join the army to get your hands on this, now don't it? tounge2.gif

Amazing engine these guys build! The 3D-editor makes everything really way easier for the "amateur" mission makers. I've never seen tracers in reallife but from this trailer I did get the idea these things look how they supposed to, really immersive! And the interactions! WOW just such a great feature, not only the way they set up a road block but also the way you can interact with vehicles, just added ease and functions!

One question though, the vehicle lights, how you turn on the turn-left-light? You kept moving straight so it was not something like pressing left makes the light go on.

Nice one BIS, and Dyslexci any change I could get your job?

Will try and put it onto youtube, providing BI don't shoot me, wait out. (this may take a while)

any update? tounge2.gif

Youtube takes a long time to process videos, and i guess i should ask permission from BI before making it public? Don't think they'd mind, but you never know....

Tracers and sounds really impressed me, but I think most of the other stuff can be implemented or is in ArmA one way or another.

any update? tounge2.gif

Youtube takes a long time to process videos, and i guess i should ask permission from BI before making it public? Don't think they'd mind, but you never know....

ok, no prob wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]eah its nice.. too bad they decided to keep the good stuff from us public.. i hoped this stuff BIS would of made into arma..

did you consider that the 'good stuff' may have been developed seperately by BIA for their product?

Quote[/b] ]Well isn't it possible just to cut a whole lot of the code directly out of VBS2 and put it in ARMA? Can't somebody who buys it do this?

No, as that would be rather illegal

Quote[/b] ]Feel a bit cheated as the only reason this stuff is left out of ArmA is that the military might buy it instead of VBS2

well, does that seem absurd to you? How can you convince a military procurement team/minister/officer to spend a few million dollars on a total VBS2 package, when everything they want is already in ArmA. I think the phrase 'shooting ones self in the foot' would come into play there.

Quote[/b] ]i'm sure that there is small chance some of VBS2 improvements "drops" to ArmA

yeah, it wouldn't suprise me either... be an easy addition to any ArmA expansion. Minimal extra work and all that. Downloading the video now... might regret it if it makes me want a copy... don't really have $1500 to hand biggrin_o.gif

Could it be possible that BIS didn't release the tools for the ArmA community to secure VBS 2 sales, preventing that other companies (what was the name again) would try to offer sales of "games" using community-made content for professional training use? crazy_o.gif

About all the stuff done for VBS 2: NOW we know what BIS has been up to the whole time compared to what was released with the first versions of ArmA...

And wasn't Mapfact working on getting us a 3d real-time editor for ArmA? Guess the community is stepping into high-gear... Can't wait to see this trailer on youtube!

I assume you're referring to darwars - but to use ArmA they would require another commercial contract for it, I think they're still using OFP at the moment.

Quote[/b] ]Could it be possible that BIS didn't release the tools for the ArmA community to secure VBS 2 sales, preventing that other companies (what was the name again) would try to offer sales of "games" using community-made content for professional training use?

no, just sounds like conjecture and a conspiracy theory to me.

Quote[/b] ]About all the stuff done for VBS 2: NOW we know what BIS has been up to the whole time compared to what was released with the first versions of ArmA...

given the number of patches, I'd have thought that's what they were up to, leaving BIA to work on VBS2.

BUZZARD @ April 18 2007,08:02)]Could it be possible that BIS didn't release the tools for the ArmA community to secure VBS 2 sales, preventing that other companies (what was the name again) would try to offer sales of "games" using community-made content for professional training use? crazy_o.gif

About all the stuff done for VBS 2: NOW we know what BIS has been up to the whole time compared to what was released with the first versions of ArmA...

I think you're overlooking the fact that there is an entirely different team working on VBS2 elements. There is no conspiracy here like you seem to be thinking.

I assume you're referring to darwars - but to use ArmA they would require another commercial contract for it, I think they're still using OFP at the moment.

Yeah, that was the name of it, darwars...

Well, I wonder if they would be offering the same content with ArmA but probably not, they'd have to wait so that the community would make addons for them to "steal" again, probably... mad_o.gif

As for the addon issue... as Rainbow listed the features of VBS:

Quote[/b] ]*All Armed Assault game add-ons

and

Quote[/b] ]*Wide selection of ADF and USMC units and vehicles (over 200)
Quote[/b] ]*A range of middle-eastern unit and vehicle representations

etc etc etc...

I might be wrong but unless there's a great discrepancy in terms of quality between both types of addons (ArmA's addons and VBS 2's addons), one could assume that they were made by the same team, and that a selection was made of what would go where - in any case, stating in a separate line that ArmA's contents is also present in VBS 2 can easily lead to someone making that assumption. I do not know for sure and of course could be wrong...

Okay, I'm a bit confused here, isn't BIA just one guy? Now if VBS2 is a modified version of ArmA made by only one guy, that leads me to either belive that;

A: BI is extremely incompetent in their work on ArmA.

B: They are using hardly any resources on ArmA.

C: Or there's an extremely huge demand for resources to be put into engine optimization for ArmA leaving little room for extra features to be implemented.

I just don't get it. huh.gif