Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Explosion FX

can you simulate chunks of glass flying through the air? Maybe a random door flying off or a trye.

Is there anyway you can simulate the shape of objects rather than use p3d models ?

here is some xamples with models but for this we will need addons so better without , if you can simulate the wheel shape, wing shape etc ?

armassault videos at youtube

That looks very cool, but like you said - it's addon based.

I do plan to make an addon version of the ExploFX scripts but that's something I will concentrate on later. At the moment I use any models I can find in the original game. For example, before I found the proper debris models, the helicopter explosions actually used the model of a radio biggrin_o.gif .

Finding a model to emulate wheels could be hard, but definitely not impossible.

well its good to know you think of it smile_o.gif.

maybe in proxy there is some shapes to use or are only weapons there ?

Maybe like we can inherit in config from sections, is it possible to use only part of a p3d model and drop that shape as a particle "spaceobject" ?. would be nice but sounds an impossible dream i think , no ?

well its good to know you think of it smile_o.gif.

maybe in proxy there is some shapes to use  or are only weapons there ?

Maybe like we can inherit in config from sections, is it possible to use only part of a p3d model and drop that shape as a particle "spaceobject" ?. would be nice but sounds an impossible dream i think , no ?

Using only parts of .P3D models would rule, but it's not possible I'm afraid.

There are actually lots of existing shapes that can be used, which makes my life a whole lot easier when I'm conjuring up some of that explosion debris goodness.

Usually it's enough to take anything that's at least remotely the shape of what you need, resize it so that it fits and then darken the colors so it no longer looks like what it used to be. It works a treat and nobody notices because the stuff is in the middle of all that smoke and fire.

sounds great! Get a video up when you have got it functioning please inlove.gif

Really impressive change for explosion, when this could be available to download ?

Really impressive change for explosion, when this could be available  to download ?

Version 1.02 (helicopters only) is available for download. I'm currently working on 1.03 which will include explosions for planes.

I hope to have it ready some time this week.

I'm currently getting an engine explosion sound not found error in the last one I got (v1.02). Not a biggie but it does pause the game until you acknowledge it smile_o.gif

I'm currently getting an engine explosion sound not found error in the last one I got (v1.02). Not a biggie but it does pause the game until you acknowledge it smile_o.gif

Make sure you put the sounds in the appropriate folder and include the description.ext file - or, if you already have a description.ext file, include the contents of mine in yours. It's only one line.

But all the links to download 1.02 version are dead huh.gif?

No they're not. They work for me. Look at the first post of this thread.

Make sure you put the sounds in the appropriate folder and include the description.ext file - or, if you already have a description.ext file, include the contents of mine in yours. It's only one line.

Ah, OK smile_o.gif

I had the scripts in my Docs\ArmAProfile\Profilename\Scripts folder, which works for scripts but not for sounds by the looks of things smile_o.gif

Cheers

I'm really very impressed!!!! thumbs-up.gif

greate FX!! wink_o.gif

Will you also make thouse FX for URAL, UAZ, Humvee's and so on?

Would really be very cool. inlove.gif

Could please check all the archive are corrupted ....

No, the file on your HD/chache is corrupted, clean it and download the file in another folder. tounge2.gif

Could someone please explain step by step, as if I was a 3 years old kid, how to install this mod?

I downloaded it, read the txt file, but couldn't figure out how to install.

A single tutorial in the first page would be useful.

Very thanks!

Silvio

MadDog made any progress with other vehicles yet mate?

Excellent! Just had a look at the Youtube video and I'm very impressed! Especialy all the debris flying off the last chopper shot down! This is fantastic stuff!

have you thought about adding a "tailrotor failure" feature to the script, where the chopper spins out of control?

Keep up the great work!

Heads up:

I am currently working the new version of the ExploFX script (beta 1.03), this time I've added support for airplane explosions and improved the explosion visuals on helicopters aswell. I'm also working on a simplified possibility of adding the explosions to all (or certain types of) vehicles on the map, via a single trigger, which could prove useful.

But - this version will be a closed beta, so that I can get some feedback on the explosion visuals, particle effects etc. and also get the other vehicles (ships, tanks, cars) done before I release the first non-beta version of the script.

Anyone who is interested in participating in the closed beta, please post here. Only apply if you wish to help me improve the script with your feedback, not if you only want to use it in a mission. wink_o.gif

Anyone interested?  biggrin_o.gif

count me in! and can you make the particles lifetime longer? Im an expert maya particle animator, but i know nothing about this but it would be perfect if it would just fill the sky with smoke for a minute or so. Any possibility to increase rounds hitting diff surfaces, bring up the punch in the particles to give this game a gritty feel. So far your mod is the most incredible thing ive honestly seen for arma.

Thanks. wink_o.gif

I don't know about smoke filling up the sky... it would probably cause extreme lag on most systems. Development of the Explosion FX is currently on hold due to my Anti-Cheat script being released today, but I'll be getting back to it soon. Some guys have been testing it for me though and I've got some feedback to work with.

Send me a PM with your eMail address if you want to test it too.

Upon request, I have decided to release the most recent ExploFX version 1.03 beta for public usage. I may get back to working on it some time in the near future.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Download:</span>

FileFront.com: MDXexploFX v1.03 BETA

Sincere thanks!

That has real potential. I'd love to see and use this in missions. I wonder if you'd be up for a little destructive (sic) criticism?

When the helo explodes in mid air, there isn't enough debris. If the explosion were in the main fuselage, you'd expect to see large parts of the tail boom falling to earth, for example.

When the jets crash to the ground, there'd normally be a large explosion on impact.

There should be louder noises when the explosions happen too. Explosions that feature aviation fuel and ordnance are loud.

[edit] I've just realised I was commenting on version 1.01. Just seen the 1.03 vid. There are no 'midair catastrohic explosion' sequences in 1.03 vid. How is that coming along?