Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Yet another ArmA sound modification

Another few hours slip by, and no news! I am going crazy here, throw me a bone chammy.

We all have our real life next to ArmA  wink_o.gif

... real life? wtf is that?  yay.gif

Real Life? Must be some sort of dream world.

Yup, photorealistic :O

I get the 8800 fog bug in winter tho sad_o.gif

---------------

back on topic whistle.gif

I saw, well i HEARD lol, in the video you posted of the firefight a background ambience.. was that a real firefight in the distance or was that just an ambience sound activated by a trigger?

I'm helping chammy with some things in his sound mod, and let me tell you, its the real firefight, not ambiecne trigger.

Are u able to say when it will be released? Cos these FDF ones sound rubbish compared to what i have heard in the videos chammy produced

Well this is surely worth waiting for. I'm looking forward to this as well since the sound in the game is a big thing for me. thumbs-up.gif

To the people whining about when its coming out...just quit it. That gets OLD fast. mad_o.gif

Are u able to say when it will be released? Cos these FDF ones sound rubbish compared to what i have heard in the videos chammy produced

I'm able.. and as allways "when it is done" tounge2.gif

I'm helping chammy with some things in his sound mod, and let me tell you, its the real firefight, not ambiecne trigger.

Cool. smile_o.gif

I seriously love that Distance Firefight in his last preview. biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

I have said it before, but I can't wait for this Mod. Just keep on working, Chammy. biggrin_o.gif

Cheers.

yeah Chammy just tell your wife that a bunch of virtual soldiers are in dire need of new sounds to be shot with...

...she'll understand tounge2.gif

well it dosent look like hes going to make the weekend release sad_o.gif , oh well, i've waited this long, i can wait a few more days wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Add me to the waiting list, sounds are awesome! Good job! yay.gif

It really gets me stoked to see such enthusiaism for my mod, this weekend, I'm sorry, I have predicted wrong, I have my other kid with me this weekend, so I had a very busy couple days, but , I am feverishly working to get it finnished, I just don't want any mistakes and hope to give you all a quality sound replacement mod, I know how it is to play with the stock sound, boring. I'm also trying to finnish another OFP sound update of my last one also, so hang tight, in the mean time remmeber, Predator has an excellent mod also and FDF's.  I want to make sure the beta will be the final. I went to the range yesturday just to shoot some targets and I am making sure that the rifles are as close as possible to the real thing.

thanks again everyone for you antisipation, i apologize for misscalculating the release, real life comes first, but its coming along, its just very time consuming to go through all the sound waves to make sure they all correspond with each other.

I meant "stoked" as in totally excited, right on! you guys rock!!, I hope I didnt confuse anyone..

check out the real sound of M249,

M240B,

4 videos, 4 very differnent sounds. This is why its such a challenge for these guys to make high quality sound packs. Most available recordings are from little camcorders.

My hat's off to all the people that have particpated in making new sound packs. I am very much looking forward to Chammy's work. Good work, Chammy.

Wow im impressed that you're actually doing your own research first hand for the soundpack smile_o.gif Not many people would get to a range to help them make it sound as realistic as possible!

Most people just grab random recordings or watch youtube videos crazy_o.gif Without any other research

This is essential for sound packs with realism or authenticity in the title.

Just being a former soldier does not mean anything it seems, Chammy and I go to the range to make it sound right.

Chammy, however, lives on the west coast, I live in old europe, would be great if all sound modders could rent a range and shoot all those weapons pistols.gif

But the equipment is expensive...really expensive ( and I don't talk about the weapons)

I think the reason the sounds are different in the videos are because the sound echoes from the environment they were shot from, like the guy who fire in a shooting club, the sound was like shooting in a closed garage,

I don't know if it is possible to have different echoes when shoot from different environment in ArmA, but I still like Chammy's sound, hope to get it when released, good work!

To get a pure sound you need an acoustically "dead" room. These are made using foam and a zig zag shaped room among other things. I have walked in to one of these rooms and it makes you feel like someone is smothering you. When you speak the sound comes out but dies instantly as there is next to no reflection in the room.

Shooting a gun of any size would be difficult in such a room and the equipment that could record such loud sound levels are not easy to come by (digital recording devices could capture the levels but the microphone to do such a thing is not common).

That said the work that all these sound mod fellows are doing (FDF, ModWar, this un-named one, and others) is great stuff. Maybe a way to pick and choose the sounds you like in each would be nice but the pack's sounds are leveled to each other not other sound packs. So I will stand back and cheer on all the hard work and criticize no one, except the critics as all this is subjective. Either you like it or you don't.

I wonder if it is possible to set different weapon sounds for different terrains and environments confused_o.gif

I think chammy was working with someone on a script to do that, but idk if he ever got that to work.

I love the sound effects when your far from the battle.

Hope this comes out after the 1.8 patch does so there will be no problems. Everything sounds great!

My god that video was great, now thats the Arma I would like the play.. and someone said it sounded like a cnn video, sure does

Excellent work...