Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

I just played Evo 1.5m on GamingSA. Is this the proper release by Kiljoy?

There was a major change in 1.5m as i saw it though....

1.5n is the latest TEST version, currently being tested on suicidesquad server.(By KilJoy himself!wink_o.gif

Any error/bug reports or even requests in this thread should be related to the 1.5a general release version attached to first post. This way any problems can be identified in that version, and hopefully fixed in the later releases.

Any versions previous to the latest one (currently 1.5n) will have had bugs discovered which effect the gameplay.

If you are using any other versions, then I doubt you will get much help from Kiljoy.

Either join the SES server to find latest test version, and kiljoy! or play 1.5a until testing is finished.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

So we cant replie to N:Version..

Couse the dissapearing Humvee bug

at the stash/ammocrates close to

Respawn is still there.

Now that Arma 1.08 has been out for a few days now, when can we expect the new Evolution version to be released?

Can you please take into consideration the following:

1. Moving the respawns and ground vehicles from the hangars/runway/taxiway to the military base attached to the airfield?

2. Having the auto-respawn building script have a delay in it of 5 minutes?

3. Spread the vehicles out enough that you don't get "cascade" type explosions?

4. Add 2x RACS or BLUFOR Vulcans near the runway to shoot down any pesky Ka-50s that follow you back to base?

Someone crashed a UH60 between the hangars on some French server and it started this endless cycle of explosion, respawn, collision, explosion, etc that was killing people up to 50m away! If the building respawn script wasn't so quick then someone might get in there with a repair truck, fix it, and fly it away before the building spawned right on top of it causing the destruction to continue.

Cleared out the whole 30 person server.

I think less helicopters would get hit by trucks and less soldiers would be squashed under UH-60s if the ground part was kept in the base and the air part was kept at the runway.

Now that Arma 1.08 has been out for a few days now, when can we expect the new Evolution version to be released?

Please dont take this the wrong way, but it is really discouraging to see 11 servers running 1.5m (or some variant), while the folks that care about getting proper permission have to wait.

Couldn't we find a compromise where support questions wont be addressed, but ppl can be free to "test" the new versions? I dont think doing this would encourage ripping off the mission to tweak it any more than it is now. But it would have the opposite effect of not punishing those of us who have been waiting.

One thing is the Harrier GBU Magazine has changed in 1.08. Not sure if anyone has said this but the class name has changed and it added 1 more GBU to the magazine. It wont rearm at base because the old script trys to reload the 5 GBU instead of the 6GBU on the plane.

Might I also suggest that when you are lucky enough that you kill a pesky KA-50, and it crashes that you DO NOT get a penalty if it crashes near vehicles/buildings/people?

I mean that chopper must be loaded with super explosive fuel or something, cause when it goes down everybody is starting to scream "No please dont crash anywhere near me"

And because of that you are actually being punished killing that pesky KA-50, you almost always end up getting demoted.

Might I also suggest that when you are lucky enough that you kill a pesky KA-50, and it crashes that you DO NOT get a penalty if it crashes near vehicles/buildings/people?

I mean that chopper must be loaded with super explosive fuel or something, cause when it goes down everybody is starting to scream "No please dont crash anywhere near me"

And because of that you are actually being punished killing that pesky KA-50, you almost always end up getting demoted.

@ caas1:

You should lose points/demoted.  I know and agree with you that it wasn't an intentional thing, because I did the same thing once and I learned my lesson, and it seems you have too ... Collateral Damage.

So, if you shoot down a KA-50 or Su-34 and you didn't consider its descent rate/angle = or better, what's going to be in the way of it when it crashes - then KilJoy's done the right thing with the scoring system.

I love this game because of the fact that blast damage from ordnance is pretty realistic, especially the grenades!  These grenades are Grade A #1 compared to the firecracker type in BF2 and Counter-Strike Source, which look pretty, but don't hurt unless you're almost on top of 'em.  So be careful throwing Frags when your team mates are in proximity.

The chopper's loaded with ordnance and combined with the fuel indeed makes it a super explosive combination.  If you have seen one 500-pound GBU-12 detonate in the game, then just pray a crashing KA-50 doesn't crash into the parked Harriers loaded with 6 GBU-12s.  They have a larger blast radius than the KA-50 since it has more N.E.W. (net explosive weight).  I thought it was pretty smart placement by KilJoy to put the AV-8Bs further down the airfield when I first saw the layout too.

And yes, if you're wondering - I'm a retired 461X0/2W071 (Munitions Systems) from the USAF who worked in Weapons Safety in the latter years of my career.  Keep your buddy safe, but put the warheads on the enemy's forehead!  HOOAH!

AMMO - "Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country."

This mission is getting better and better thanks to KilJoy and the mission testers.

Can you please take into consideration the following:

1. Moving the respawns and ground vehicles from the hangars/runway/taxiway to the military base attached to the airfield?

2. Having the auto-respawn building script have a delay in it of 5 minutes?

3. Spread the vehicles out enough that you don't get "cascade" type explosions?

4. Add 2x RACS or BLUFOR Vulcans near the runway to shoot down any pesky Ka-50s that follow you back to base?

Someone crashed a UH60 between the hangars on some French server and it started this endless cycle of explosion, respawn, collision, explosion, etc that was killing people up to 50m away! If the building respawn script wasn't so quick then someone might get in there with a repair truck, fix it, and fly it away before the building spawned right on top of it causing the destruction to continue.

Cleared out the whole 30 person server.

I think less helicopters would get hit by trucks and less soldiers would be squashed under UH-60s if the ground part was kept in the base and the air part was kept at the runway.

Answer to NR1:

I have done a Basetemplate and moved around stuff...But i

dont think Killjoy is interested. I´ve PM´d him about

it but no replies.

Ill try to post some screens of how i would have placed the

Baselayout...If i can find som Imghost....

Done take a look at:

EVOL Screens

MISSION FILE: Mission File Klick "Download file"..

Use the editor to elaborate with Day/Night time...Its

REALLY nice at nighttime in Paraiso and the Base.

NOTE: You NEED the EDITORUPDATE_1.02 to play.

FILE: EditorUpdate_V102.....RARFILE

THIS MISSION IS NOT!!! Evolution mission, its ONLY a

mission in editor showing my idea of Base.

@FKAndersson to be honest i'm a nobody lol but I love your idea looks very nice and organized and @Kiljoy I love your map keep up the good work both of you and IMO you two should work together...Very Nice

Fk A ... nicely done ... really thumbs-up.gif

I just played Evo 1.5m on GamingSA. Is this the proper release by Kiljoy?

There was a major change in 1.5m as i saw it though....

1.5n is the latest TEST version, currently being tested on suicidesquad server.(By KilJoy himself!wink_o.gif

Any error/bug reports or even requests in this thread should be related to the 1.5a general release version attached to first post. This way any problems can be identified in that version, and hopefully fixed in the later releases.

Any versions previous to the latest one (currently 1.5n) will have had bugs discovered which effect the gameplay.

If you are using any other versions, then I doubt you will get much help from Kiljoy.

Either join the SES server to find latest test version, and kiljoy! or play 1.5a until testing is finished.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

So were do we find this server??

Couldnt find it in the serverlist..

@Fk Andersson 3 problems,

1. I dont dig people have to download somthing to play my mission "addons".

2. looks like a lot of walking from spawn to anything every time you die, look at it this way people dont even want to walk 10 feet to the ammo box as it is.

3. Any one can hop in a vulcan or tank and kill komovs because there not in the hanger.

Aesthetically and realistically speaking you have done a great job tho with the placements. But for me gameplay always comes first.

Well..There is a diffrent loaction for spawn if you check the

img with Base HQ´s-The dont have to run more then with

your template. And the Joining server happens just behind

the Barracks that is the Respawnpoint.

Ill upload a Map showing the markers...

PS: Nr3: No they cant..They have to have the rank first.

Nr1: That download is about 270kb...isnt really a download

in my world whistle.gif

Fk Andersson, I like your attempt and see some good ideas, but it still looks like one blown up tank would cause a chain reaction. Also the trucks look kinda stuck behind the Harriers and fuel points.

EDIT: On second thought the fuel area looks fine. It is a good idea to put a few vehicle inside sheds (there's a large 2 door shed that works great for vehicles) and hangars for aircraft.

To KilJoy: While your mission is great. I think a more "real" looking base would alter the psychology of the average player. When the spread of equipment looks like someone upended a bucket of toys onto the runway, people tend to treat them as such.

I know walking distance is always a consideration. If you make things far people will just drive whatever they can get their hands on and ditch it at their desired vehicle.

All in all the base attached to the airfield just plain isn't big enough to have all ground vehicles in it while still keeping explosion-safe spacing. It might be worth examining using the area just outside the walls.

I'm currently working on a vehicle rearm script that would probably go very well inside your Evolution mission. Basically you roll up to a station and can add vehicle magazines appropriate to the vehicle onto it. Want to have 10 magazines of 100 rounds of M2 on your Stryker before going into combat? Easy as pie.

I think I'm going to make a list of what vehicles are in 1.5m and see if I can't construct a "base" with minimal walking and an aesthetic, functional, and immersive vehicle spread.

I read in one of the first posts that the enemy AI will respawn if you leave the city. Is this still the case? If it is, could a future version then have AI respawn as a selectable parameter?

I've just tried v1.5m - some good changes there. One or two things I don't like:-

1. No satchels for Private (i.e. at the start).

2. Moving the radio tower in Paraiso

3. The respawn of the AI. I read the last post and I agree, this could/should be an option in the initial screen in the same was as the Little Bird is an option. If there is only a couple of players in the server it is almost impossible to take a town and then move on. I just started my own server (I do often and leave it running for team mates) and I racked up over 500 points just trying to take Paraiso and Somato - I didn't manage to capture either..... banghead.gif .

4. I understand that an Engineer class can build FARP's. If this is the case could you make the engineer class an AI recruitable?

Those observations are from only a couple of hours play.

One request - could the AI team either be increased, or a server option for the size of the AI team-mates?

Other than the above I am dead impressed with the updates on the mission and have lots more to explore.

RIch

I've just tried v1.5m - some good changes there. One or two things I don't like:-

1. No satchels for Private (i.e. at the start).

As far as I know Satchel bombs were made Corporal and above to try and stop people joining a public server, planting 50 satchels at the airport and letting rip and thus destroying the game for people who genuinly want to play.

Lets face it, its not hard to get 10 points.

Might be an idea to join servers with more players if only a few people are on the server and your having trouble clearing a town. The SES server is very regularily full (30 people) and to be honest its too easy and quick to clear towns. Personally I'd like for Kiljoy to beef up more the towns with MORE ai especially armour and mg posts. However I understand that on many servers the number of ai already on the map is stretching resources.

I agree to some extent also that the home base could look more like a military base but I think too personally I would rather keep it as it is than compromise and deteriorate the performance of the mission on the server.

Might be an idea to join servers with more players if only a few people are on the server and your having trouble clearing a town. The SES server is very regularily full (30 people) and to be honest its too easy and quick to clear towns.

Yeah, I agree, if thats what you want to do - play with different people on different days. However, I don't want to do that and I suspect that a lot of team players (I loathe the term 'clan' in a military sim like this - how many Real Life Military clans are there?) would rather play on their own servers using it as training and be able to play as a unit rather than a group of individuals that only want to run and jump into a tank at the first opportunity or fly the helo into the ground.

@Stobbsy, as you said yourself there are quite a few childish players out there that are willing to spoil the gameplay, thats why I, and many like me, would rather play on closed servers with only a few buddies - hence why it would be a good idea to make the respawn an option - not remove it completely.

Edit - if the respawn stays as it is I don't think I'll be playing on versions after 1.5a and thats a real shame as the mission is one of the best I've come across.

Rich

Here's a thought - I'm a member of the Armed Assault Interactive campaign. In that campaign we use a Mobile HQ, in other words a vehicle that is driven close to the action and that can then be used as a spawn point.

In use, you spawn at your main base and then go to one of those map boards - you then have the option to 'Jump' to the MHQ (or have the option to go to others if they are out there).

I've been reading this post and noticed that some were questioning the distances you need to travel sometimes - and the fact that many players don't like the huge walks. On organised servers this MHQ system would solve the problem of fighting in Pita, dying and then having to either drive all the way or fly one of the Helos there. You would have had to drive the MHQ there in the first place but then you would be able to spawn at it easily - this would add the added dimention that you would need to protect the MHQ from the roving Kamov and the odd AT trooper you came across thus making the game a little more challenging.

Rich

Is there anywhere I can dL the earlier versions? Or a version with faster rank-ups? Me and my friends don't have enough time to play games that long.

Might be an idea to join servers with more players if only a few people are on the server and your having trouble clearing a town. The SES server is very regularily full (30 people) and to be honest its too easy and quick to clear towns.

Yeah, I agree, if thats what you want to do - play with different people on different days. However, I don't want to do that and I suspect that a lot of team players (I loathe the term 'clan' in a military sim like this - how many Real Life Military clans are there?) would rather play on their own servers using it as training and be able to play as a unit rather than a group of individuals that only want to run and jump into a tank at the first opportunity or fly the helo into the ground.

I have pretty much the same reason for mostly playing with my friends on a closed server. It's perfectly possible for 4 players to clear out several cities in an evening, but you're just more constrained if you have to keep a presence in the cities at all the time.

On the "clan" thing: That's why there's a subforum called "ArmA - SQUADS AND FANPAGES". Traditionally OFP/Arma-clans are called squads to reflect the military simulational nature of the game.

I have released version 3.0 and you can get it from this thread Thanks everyone for your patience I know its been a while. Please comment on version 3.0 in the version 3.0 thread.