Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

Feedback from our group Kiljoy is that the incursion thing is a big drawback. Not necessarily the idea, but certainly the random spawning nature of them, it's a real immersion killer to have them literally appear out of nowhere, often just behind in an area not only cleared, but guarded also..

All the rest of the stuff though is a big thumbs-up smile_o.gif

1000 posts ... congrats KJ on milestone smile_o.gif

btw. i suggest to open new thread with E released for 1.08

Thanks KJ for that great mission. I've just played that mission yesterday in LAN about 11 hours with 4 buddies and it was great fun. At least we managed to get SE Sahrani until sunset.

I guess the issued we had where allready discussed here (managed to get to page 25 or so)

Funny thing we all overlooked the side mission possibility - we should read the briefing better next time :-)

One question i have is: What can i do with the Phone? (Possible to select in the gear window).

Then i liked the mobile respawn possibility from MFCTI where you can build a medic tent which then ca be used as a respawn. Maybe you could limit the ability to build that tent to medics with a certain rank?

@BIS: PLEASE implement a possibilty to save certain values to the servers filesystem. Would be great to build such maps as persistent battles. I've heard about a possibility to connect Armed Assault with Web Services, or was that a dream?

Just thought I'd express my appreciation to you Kiljoy, for this wonderful mission.

It really shines when you play with a bunch of guys you know!

Question.

Is there any way to give points to pilots who ferry around teammates? I was under the impression there was, but I can't figure out how to do it!

Also, would it be possible to give points (50?) to those who clear towns?

Thanks for the great mission.

Points for transporting and taking towns are already implemented.

I must not be paying attention then smile_o.gif.

How does one go about getting points for transport?

How do I get the weapon camera option in the Cobra? Sometimes its there, but most of the time, it isnt!

Once you're 500m away from original takeoff you'll get a point for each person you transport. Further you go the more points you'll receive. The trick is to be the last person off the Helo when inserting with the team. If the pilot gets out first you lose the possibility of acquiring said points. Hope this helps in understanding how transport points work... If this need to be corrected... Please KilJoy fill in any detail I might have overlooked. wink_o.gif

Once you're 500m away from original takeoff you'll get a point for each person you transport. Further you go the more points you'll receive. The trick is to be the last person off the Helo when inserting with the team. If the pilot gets out first you lose the possibility of acquiring said points. Hope this helps in understanding how transport points work... If this need to be corrected... Please KilJoy fill in any detail I might have overlooked. wink_o.gif

That does help. Thanks!

The PC Format magazine server is running Evo 1.5a and we're all having a blast. Good job Kiljoy it's an outstanding mission. (finally made colonel last night for the first time smile_o.gif )

The new stuff for the next version sounds fantastic too. Personally I hope you do include some kind of limited 'revive' ability for medics. If a medic gets to you within 30secs - 1 Min or something.

Keep up the grand work!

I just discovered this last night and this mission is just pure genius. This is what Arma should've been. KilJoy for <s>President</s> God! notworthy.gif

Kiljoy, Personally I don't like the fact that in version 1.5k, players between 30 points and 100 points are FORCED to go taking the towns as the side missions are unavailable for people inbetween these points.

The one thing I liked about Evolution when I 1st played it, was the openess and it allowed players a relative freedom to do what they wanted and catered for all players. If players wanted to go solo and do sidemissions they could, if players wanted to group together and do harder sidemissions they could. If players wanted to play solo or group together and take towns they could. It catered for players who only have an hour and just want to kill stuff and do side missions and also catered for people who wanted to spend 12 hours+ on a map to take all the towns.

As a person who likes to mainly do side missions (lets face it taking town after town can get boring) this is a step backward for me personally as soon as I get over 30 points I can no longer do side missions of any kind with a group (if noone in my squad is below 30 points) or solo. I am forced to go and play in the towns to try and level up.

Also at the start you are unable to do 20 level missions, If people want to play in a group and do side missions then they are only able to do level 10 1s up to 30 points.

For me these changes have "destroyed" the openess and freedom to do what you want in Evolution and has removed the uniqueness of Evolution which is now just another coop with respawn.

Uhm. AFAIK the latest released official version is 1.5a (downloadable on the first page).

1.5k is just another user-modified version of Evolution, and it really isn't KilJoy's fault people go around modding his stuff without his consent. smile_o.gif I suggest you find a server that plays the original stuff!

Happy gaming.

Regards,

Wolfrug

@stobbsy its a bug they way it is now in test version 1.5k for missions selection ill update soon with a change in the mean time its 30 - 60 points you cant select missions not 100 as i previously thought. nice sig.

Uhm. AFAIK the latest released official version is 1.5a (downloadable on the first page).

1.5k is just another user-modified version of Evolution, and it really isn't KilJoy's fault people go around modding his stuff without his consent. smile_o.gif I suggest you find a server that plays the original stuff!

Happy gaming.

Regards,

Wolfrug

Dude 1.5k is a killjoy test version as Kiljoy has said hisself in this very thread. My Squads Dedicated server is hosting it for him for testing purposes and Kiljoy hisself plays there.

@kiljoy ok, at 60 points only level 20 missions or this a bug also?

its a bug at 60 its meant to work like this

0 - 30 = level 10 missions selectable

30 - 150 = level 20 selectable only and not level 10's

150 - xxx = level 20 and level 30 missions.

The reasoning for this is that you make more points in less time doing 2 level 10 missions then doing 1 level 20 mission. Then there ends up being to many missions created at level 10 spawn points making it either impossible to get to your level 10 mission or someone doing it for you.

@ June 04 2007,18:26)]its a bug at 60 its meant to work like this

0 - 30 = level 10 missions selectable

30 - 150 = level 20 selectable only and not level 10's

150 - xxx = level 20 and level 30 missions.

The reasoning for this is that you make more points in less time doing 2 level 10 missions then doing 1 level 20 mission. Then there ends up being to many missions created at level 10 spawn points making it either impossible to get to your level 10 mission or someone doing it for you.

hehehe I was the one whinging out too many people doing level 10 missions in same area. Cant believe im gonna say I would like them back up to lvl 150  biggrin_o.gif .. Thats just me. or maybe make some new levels like 5 and 15 pointers inbetween. Like level 15 pointers could be level 10 convoys but at a level 20 distance?

Maybe i should just kick everyone off server with missions near me tounge2.gif

Is it possible to detect how many is in a squad and make the missions selectable to that?

For instance: 1 man in squad level 10 missions to 150points

2/3 or more men - lvl 20 missions above 30 points?

I think my question got buried in all the posts, so I'll ask again.

Why does the weapon cam work sometimes, but does not most of the time? The option to turn it on is just not there.

Is this intentional? or a bug?

@zootia yes it is pretty buggy in 1.5a most times it does not appear . But I'm happy to say this is one of the many bugs that are fixed in the current test version. And will be fixed in the next release that will coincide with the arma 1.08 release.

In the latest test version i've seen groups on 2 a.i. units (1 machinegunner and 1 sniper) spawning in the open.

Seen it betwean Dolores and Ortego, can be a frustrating find, i was lucky because i had a M24 and it was in the barren, open southern ground.

The POW feature is cool but when we go up north, well... cant see many players bringing them all the way back to POW base. I liked the small touch with the 2 guards (one patroling and one that salutes when you aproach the fence).

Really nice mission GiveJoy smile_o.gif

Firstly, kudos and thanks to KilJoy for an excellent mission...great job. smile_o.gif

Second, I have a small question/suggestion:

Whats your take on implementing FOB's (Forward Operating Bases) in the mission? The reason I ask is that in some situations it seems the mission could maybe benefit from spawning points closer to the action than the original base...especially when in comes to the last cities and the only transports available are ground vehicles (in which case you're in for extremely long rides).

Moving your positions forward when having captured terrain would not be unrealistic from a tactical view and it might help gameplay a bit, especially in the last phases of the mission. IMHO, the mission is great but tends to lose momentum towards the end, mostly due to the long time it takes to just get to those last cities...or is it just me being lazy? tounge2.gif

Maybe not a good idea, but just a thought. What do the rest of you think?

P

PS: Sorry if this has already been suggested in this thread. Its very long and I simply didn't have the time to read through all of it.

I hope in future there be an option to change an offensive side... and play us russian soldiers. smile_o.gif