Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

Plenty of bugs while playing the US Version.

Like if i'm on a mission with a team, and I die, I loose squad status and someone else gets it. Sometimes I can gain it back... but alot of times I have to remake the squad.

Its very buggy with the US Version.....

I can't find a way to edit the evolution map. I want to add the A-10 and some other things..

Dunno if other ppl posted it but I give a medic the order to be driver it boards but then does nothing. When I use another soldier there is no problem...

Is this a common problem?

Stobbsy/Kiljoy:

You can get in as gunner at ANY rank in any vehicle.. so i'm not sure why it's a problem that this guy was in an AH1 as Gunner... the real question, was who was the PILOT?

When I get the red lag chain, I can jump into a tank, or some higher-ranking vehicle, and often it will leave me in there when it re-syncs. Of course once I leave the driver position (to gunner, get out, die, etc), I'm "out" for good back to normal. I'm not sure how you can stop/fix that.

ALSO - KilJoy - you need to set rankings for vehicles we capture like the BMP-2... it seems if we get a BMP2 to eject it's guys, and take it over, anyone can get in it (meaning at any rank level) and drive it.

Just as it should be i think..

The rank system is for West vehicles and

not east..

That could be another carrot for Pvt´s

to chase...

"Shoot a BMP, kill the crew and take the vehic"

NICE

Stobbsy/Kiljoy:

You can get in as gunner at ANY rank in any vehicle.. so i'm not sure why it's a problem that this guy was in an AH1 as Gunner... the real question, was who was the PILOT?

When I get the red lag chain, I can jump into a tank, or some higher-ranking vehicle, and often it will leave me in there when it re-syncs. Of course once I leave the driver position (to gunner, get out, die, etc), I'm "out" for good back to normal. I'm not sure how you can stop/fix that.

ALSO - KilJoy - you need to set rankings for vehicles we capture like the BMP-2... it seems if we get a BMP2 to eject it's guys, and take it over, anyone can get in it (meaning at any rank level) and drive it.

how many times do I have to say it.... HIS AI WAS IN THE PILOT SEAT, he even admitted it.....

WE HAVE SINCE REPLICATED IT OURSELVES WITH OUR AI AS PILOTS

You keep saying that but you havent pm'ed me the method. I cant fix it if i cant reproduce it.

@Unleashed2k Its not a bug, a higher ranking players assume control of your squad if you die. you have 3 choises drop the higher ranking player from the squad so it does not happin again or Ask the new leader to assign you as TL by opening the squad menu then press Switch then press New TL by your name. Or let the higer ranking player be leader.

If therse any other bugs you would like to mention please do.

Ill be adding A-10 shortly.

@satexas69 Enemy vehicles require ranks to drive too. T-72 is colonel for exsample

@ May 05 2007,04:28)]@satexas69 Enemy vehicles require ranks to drive too. T-72 is colonel for exsample

Yes, and it works (and has been) for the T72, but it doesn't seem to work for the BMP - unless you've got it set rank-wise REALLY, REALLY low... (like 10-30 points)...

... which wouldn't make much sense for a BMP, but more sense for the BRDM....

(Offhand, I believe the BRDM must require higher rank than the BMP does then.. which doesn't make much sense)

If I'm wrong, my apologies... but that's been my experience...

Stobbsy/Kiljoy:

how many times do I have to say it.... HIS AI WAS IN THE PILOT SEAT, he even admitted it.....

WE HAVE SINCE REPLICATED IT OURSELVES WITH OUR AI AS PILOTS

Most AI is capable of driving/piloting any vehicle/aircraft. This is an feature of the game, not the mission.

If an player want's to use an AI to pilot an AH-1 it's up to him, most players would use an player over AI due to the faster reponse to commands and ablity to think.

Sure there is the situation that this can allow an lower range player to use an vehicle he/she can't use normally, but at the cost of delayed movement commands and poor driving/piloting skills. There are a large number of issues with the AI pathing.

eg. Just jump into an truck and tell the AI driver to drive from point "A" to point "B", if there's an bridge on the route.... well, most of us know AI has problems with bridges even on foot. The AI pilots have isses too.

Well due to the rank thing in evoloution your AI squad mates cant drive vehicles that you cant drive according to your rank. Hes describing a situation where this system fails.

I've found that sometimes it's imbossible to get to evolution servers, receiving data thingy is very slow, and by that I know im not be able to join, as the screen jams at the receiving data screen

That just means the server itself needs to be restarted.

@ May 04 2007,22:28)]@Unleashed2k Its not a bug, a higher ranking players assume control of your squad if you die. you have 3 choises drop the higher ranking player from the squad so it does not happin again or Ask the new leader to assign you as TL by opening the squad menu then press Switch then press New TL by your name. Or let the higer ranking player be leader.

If therse any other bugs you would like to mention please do.

Ill be adding A-10 shortly.

@satexas69 Enemy vehicles require ranks to drive too. T-72 is colonel for exsample

We're all the same rank with 0 points and it still happens. If you die your team cannot complete the mission, and it gets buggy

Also combat search and rescue 20 pts is bugged.

err i think.. on my side... the missions are much more buggy than pre-1.5 evolution. Its pretty common that i get no waypoints after choosing a mission.

btw. Kiljoy could we either cut out or minimize the possibilities of having a 10-point mission to take place in the northern coast? It's kinda far away and troublesome to travel by boat etc etc.

BroK3n the only problem i ever had on 1.5a with waypoints is in csar 20 :/ try to see if its always the same mission or somthing . I think your right about the 10 objectives, whole thing needs a better calccualtion for distance = score. Unleashed2k yeha csar 20 is bugged. fixed in next ver.

Thanks for this kiljoy have been playing evo for a good couple of weeks and it does rock, my favourite bit is the harriers and getting people to laser target for you, couldn't hit them at first cause i was releasing too late,(few FF deaths, well ok we are playing as yanks rofl.gif ) But when i hit my first one i was addicted inlove.gif (could you also explain how to use bomb camera as it only shows up in my action list very rarely)(also cannot raise the landing gear on a harrier after it's been fixed, is this mission bug or BIS bug?)

Couple of things, i can confirm the AI usage of any vehicle in the drivers seat.

Also mission waypoints for 10 Destroy armour have a 1 in 5 chance of not appearing (how do you think i get to colonel whistle.gif ), as a result it cost me a few points (don't really mind as i cancel it if its on the north of the island anyway so its the price i pay)

Also the fog is a real problem and gets stuck permanently after aprox 2 hours on server (ie follows me everywhere), love the idea of the dynamic weather but gets real frustrating.

Had a funny one 2 days ago some idiot joined and started raining RACS littlebirds on the base via a hack i assume, was really freaky till we realised what they where doing, (you gotta feal sorry for them they obviously have no friends).

One other thing to suggest (i know i'm biased because i love them so) is to respawn harriers (or choppers)when they crash in the sea, i would respwn them no matter what but that does not fit with the theme of the mission and even i would not suggest you implement that (only sea wrecks).

Almost forgot aswell, when you do csar missions and bring the pilot (or reporter) back on a little bird they will not exit no matter what we tried (disembark, shouting, crashing biggrin_o.gif ) as a result we had two less seats on our last chopper (noob pilots again)

As far as public servers go there not that bad if you have an admin as the idiot will only get one chance at being a cock then he has to look for another server (one plus of the long loading times smile_o.gif )

Again thank you this for me is by far and away the best online mission and the amount of people who ask if it's BIS made i have to scream nooooooooooo it's much better than that, good luck with future updates look forward to them very much

Best regards

Bootleg

Kiljoy, I have a few questions if you could please answer when you get a chance...

1) Is it possible make Evolution a 65 player map? What are pros and cons of doing so?

2) You posted earlier that you will be adding A-10s with version 1.07. Do you plan on adding more vehicles in addition to that? (Such as more blackhawks)

FYI, your mission is great. Its the only mission I play on Arma right now.

ooookay, I've just seen Evolution 1.5b on a public server. Is the new version out for testing or has someone been naughty?

@ April 19 2007,15:20)]not sure how I feel about revive. kind of forces a lot of responsibility on the medics like squad leader spawning does for leaders. by this I mean they have to stay out of the line of fire so people can come back there. And any let up in the cost of death cheepens the experience as a whole for me.what does anyone else think?

i would really like to see the revive script in evolution, that would make for a much much improved teamplay.

yesterday i played a coop mission where this feature was in and it made one hell of a difference because suddenly EVERYONE starts to cooperate and work as a team.

however, i understand that leaving the ability to revive only to medics makes them much too important for gameplay. so here are my suggestions:

let everyone revive each other, but ...

a) give medics a higher score for successfully reviving others

b) let soldiers who have been revived by a non-medic spawn in a wounded state (but able to walk)

c) let the killed player (who is in waiting/spectating mode) decide if to respawn at base or not after a given timeout (say 1 minute)

how bout that?

oh and btw, we need an overall scoring based on kill/death ratio...

otherwise, thank you for this fantastic mission and keep it up wink_o.gif

After recently upgrading the 1-8th Server, ver 1.5a has played very well. Still get some dsync when new players join, and some lag when there are only a few cities left. Last night we had about 20 people on with half the island taken, and no lag / dsync issues. biggrin_o.gif

Have seen one bug. If M1 tank gets destroyed, it gets moved along with the marker, no were near were it was destroyed. Most often it can re-appeare up to 500m from were it was destroyed. In fact, one time, it was moved to on top of a building.

This mission is great.

Kiljoy if you have any other missions you have done please let me know were I can find them. I would love to put them up at the 1-8th marines server to play.

i've seen missions up on several servers with names like

"co30 Evolution exp (v1.51)"

can't find anything about it in this thread.

is this a spin-off from the original version?

and whats the difference?

Its an unautorized hack on a work in progress.

I dont want to hear any bug reports from this so called v1.51.

So far as i can tell the hacker added some usless reloading bays as the airport does this anyway and moved the vulcans outside so anyone can rank up fast shooting komovs and su's from the gunner seat.