Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Ebud's SF's

@Twiggy159

Yes there is a way to use these in pre-existing missions. As a matter of fact, the gentleman who's post is directly above yours released a fantastic replacement file for Ebud's SF's.

It replaces all default BIS SF's with Ebud's. Now with Evolution(SP version at least) I've found that any SF replacement file will only replace your character and any SF you recruit, after reaching that rank of course. The other team members you recruit(AT, Gren, Support, medic) are not replaced by the SF replacement pack from ColonelSandersLite since they are infantry.

Also, just in case you didn't know.... There are many different replacement packs for other user made SF and Infantry units and vehicles. Just look for any addon that has "replacement pack" in the title. Armaholic.com has a most of them as do the other sites.

Alright enough of my blabbing. Here's a link to CSL's Ebud SF replacement pack:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1271

I hope this was helpful for you.

@Twiggy159

Yes there is a way to use these in pre-existing missions. As a matter of fact, the gentleman who's post is directly above yours released a fantastic replacement file for Ebud's SF's.

It replaces all default BIS SF's with Ebud's. Now with Evolution(SP version at least) I've found that any SF replacement file will only replace your character and any SF you recruit, after reaching that rank of course. The other team members you recruit(AT, Gren, Support, medic) are not replaced by the SF replacement pack from ColonelSandersLite since they are infantry.

Also, just in case you didn't know.... There are many different replacement packs for other user made SF and Infantry units and vehicles. Just look for any addon that has "replacement pack" in the title. Armaholic.com has a most of them as do the other sites.

Alright enough of my blabbing. Here's a link to CSL's Ebud SF replacement pack:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1271

I hope this was helpful for you.

havent figured out why, but when i use ur replacement mod and EBU´s textures, arma crashes when i go into editor, placing a SF unit and choose Preview. im using XAM1.3 (copied the pbo´s into XAM1.3/addon folder) any suggestions?

=- @ Aug. 01 2007,11:41)]havent figured out why, but when i use ur replacement mod and EBU´s textures, arma crashes when i go into editor, placing a SF unit and choose Preview. im using XAM1.3 (copied the pbo´s into XAM1.3/addon folder) any suggestions?

Posting the last few error messages from your arma.rpt file would probably help diagnose it.

I would prefer if you did that in the thread for the replacement pack so anybody who uses it can spot the problem and steps taken.

Just in case you don't know, arma.rpt is found in the place arma saves your user files. I'm not positive what that is exactly since I have mine set to be c:\games\arma\users\, but if I remember, it's something like c:\documents and settings\yourwindowsusername\application data\arma\.

I'll grab a copy of XAM soon and see if I can't isolate the problem myself. I'm betting that it's some sort of conflict.

=- @ Aug. 01 2007,11:41)]havent figured out why, but when i use ur replacement mod and EBU´s textures, arma crashes when i go into editor, placing a SF unit and choose Preview. im using XAM1.3 (copied the pbo´s into XAM1.3/addon folder) any suggestions?

Posting the last few error messages from your arma.rpt file would probably help diagnose it.

I would prefer if you did that in the thread for the replacement pack so anybody who uses it can spot the problem and steps taken.

Just in case you don't know, arma.rpt is found in the place arma saves your user files.  I'm not positive what that is exactly since I have mine set to be c:\games\arma\users\, but if I remember, it's something like c:\documents and settings\yourwindowsusername\application data\arma\.

I'll grab a copy of XAM soon and see if I can't isolate the problem myself.  I'm betting that it's some sort of conflict.

Just to throw out a quick possiblity, Doesn't the XAM mod have its own SF uniform change? Therefore if you add a replacement pack into the mix, you would be trying to tell Arma to put two uniforms on one solider... hence, the crash.

sorry guys i fixed it, i had another CSL replacement pbo inside the xam addon folder, it works flawlessly with xam, thx a lot guys!

BTW wouldnt it be easy to make a default unit replacement with EBU´s textures?

just figured out something, the mod using the old textures, the squad.xml patch on the arm does not show up in multiplayer sad_o.gif

I downloaded the replacement pack and when I go into editor and preview a unit, I crash, and when I play multiplayer, I see the default unit skins! Did I do something wrong or is one of my other mods interfering with it? My mods are Chammy's Sound Mod, Sixth Sense Pack 1, and Ebud's Woodland Replacement.

When I try the mission it says " Can not be played/edited due to content that has been deleted (Not Exact words) EBUD_Socom1" Am I missing a file here?

When I try the mission it says " Can not be played/edited due to content that has been deleted (Not Exact words) EBUD_Socom1" Am I missing a file here?

Twiggy,

If you get this message most likely you don't have Ebud's SF addons installed properly. In the post that's two above mine it says you are using "Ebud's Woodland Replacement". Are you using the Mod folder installation method? If you are check in the mod folder you made for Ebud. Make sure you have both Ebud's Woodland Replacement(or one of the other camo styles) and the actual .pbo file from Ebud "ebu_soco1". In order to play with a user created unit you need both the unit .pbo and the replacement.pbo. They both need to be together, whether you use the mod folder method or just toss em in your AddOns folder. As far as the chammy's mod and SIX_pack1 are concerned neither should cause a problem.

Ok I did that when I play the Test mission, all the units are wearing the new skins but not me. I'm still wearing the default skin.

EDIT:

Ah I get it now, I misunderstood the title. But how do you play as a sniper wearing the replacement skin?

EDIT AGAIN:

Ok never mind.... I'm just an idiot whistle.gif

What is that pic in the upper left hand corner called? I want to use that, I only have a black and olive drab typed one.

Love the units!! Just small request if at all possible. Can u make the civi guys with jeans with out the back packs? Also change the t-shirt colors a bit? Lol sorry if it sounds like alot.

No, I'm not changing much to this at all. I have had a newish version on my hd for weeks, but since working on CWR I haven't touched it. Only when most CWR work is done will I revisit it, and that's only to finish what I started to edit on them which is making the CQB units have the protec helmet. Sorry.

after spending years converting opf resistance addons to work with opf 1.46 it is absolutely amazing to install those marvelous addons without a hassel smile_o.gif

great work!!!!! THANK YOU smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Ebud: could you do me a huge favor?

Can you make a pbo with only the civilian guys? I know nothing about configurating things like this, but if i knew how to do it, i would do it myself.

And is it possible to make the civilian guys work with the 1.4 version of the game?

nice work man

only one problem i have with it is that psd1 guy doesnt have any textures it says something about the config bin and it cant load a certain paa

I keep getting this error. How can i fix it?

[img.]http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9527/errorxa1.jpg[/img]

I don't think that's a problem caused by Ebud's SF but by a 3rd custom made addon you are using.

What other addons are you using with Ebud's SF?

MfG Medicus

Well, to be honest i use a shitload of addons. The size of my addon folder is like 10gigabytes.

Edit: is there some way i could find out what addon might be causing this?

Take all addons out and add them 20 by 20 and test every time... If it stops working take half away if you you still get errors get half away...

I think i have located the problem. Can someone please upload the bin.pbo file from the Dta folder? I think there is something wrong with mine..